Quantcast

World Junior hockey championships...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
If you arent watching USA v. Canada right now, you are missing a great game. Even if you cant spell Saskatoon! GO USA! Two shorties coming into the 3d...lets go boys, keep up the steam!

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
I hate the Canadians and everything they do. I was ready to throw something at the tv last night because it seems like every year the US just can't win. Except for the year Fleury shot the puck off his own defenceman.

I hate the shootout rules about having the same shooter shot everytime and I hate how the Canadians have to jump into their bench after they score every shootout goal. I wish one of the US kids would sucker punch one of them again.

How cares hopefully the US will win its game against Finland and see them again.

Time to watch the Winter Classic and hopefully see the Flyers lose.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Didn't watch any of it but I will attending a few games next year when the event is held here in Buffalo. :)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I hate the Canadians and everything they do. I was ready to throw something at the tv last night because it seems like every year the US just can't win. Except for the year Fleury shot the puck off his own defenceman.

I hate the shootout rules about having the same shooter shot everytime and I hate how the Canadians have to jump into their bench after they score every shootout goal. I wish one of the US kids would sucker punch one of them again.

How cares hopefully the US will win its game against Finland and see them again.

Time to watch the Winter Classic and hopefully see the Flyers lose.
god, you really are a bitch.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Winter Classic was pretty good. Good ending. Nice play by Bergeron to set up Sturm.
My roommate was there, the fvcker. Said it was awesome. I caught it on TV, pretty good game. Thomas has to be kicking himself over the Flyers goal, that was just inattentiveness on his part.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
And a good fake by the defenseman - if you watch it in slow mo he's totally looking to make a dump into the corner and then vooom he fired on net - but yeah Hartnell will do that to a goalie.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Thomas just wanted a peice of Hartnell. Great end to a great day. I felt the Olympic team naming was a little weird...the Kane kid was prolly bigger then Kane!
US Olympic team will crash and burn.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
The Swiss beat the Russians in overtime with something like 15 seconds left. The Swiss kids looked like they could not believe it.

god, you really are a bitch.
What are you mad that the Flyers lost the Winter Classic?

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
6-1 Canada. I was hoping for a closer game, it kind of fell apart for the Swiss in the third.

I'm hoping Sweden takes out the US..

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Looking forward to it...although I cant say it will bother me if we lose. The WJC team is a bunch of Developmental Program kids. Not reflective of true American hockey. Bring me some grinders who grew up on the pond...not a bunch of rich kids who have had all the benefits Dads $$ could bring. Like the 1980 guys...

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
That was a huge shorthanded goal there with a couple of minutes to go. I was kinda surprised at a couple of goals that the Swedish goalie left in.

Tomorrow should be a great game.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
11-4 for the Swedes so far, just caught it halfway through the third.

Can't wait for the Canada USA game, it should be a gooder!

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
It was a good game, hard on the nerves.

We should have pulled Allen after the second goal, Eberle held it together though with a darn good effort.

There's always next year.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Eberle is a stud...Hall too. Canada definitely had a more skilled team, the best in a long time. When they showed the US bench at the beginning of OT, the boys looked resigned to losing...
Not as big as 1980, but definitely inspiring.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
FYI, team Canada has been set adrift on an ice berg in the arctic sea.

There is no greater offense than to lose the World Junior Hockey gold medal match.....es-PE-cially to the US.
i was hoping canada would win just to see jsg04 bitch like a little girl again...

I wish one of the US kids would sucker punch one of them again.
he's secretly a flyers fan.

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
FYI, team Canada has been set adrift on an ice berg in the arctic sea.

There is no greater offense than to lose the World Junior Hockey gold medal match.....es-PE-cially to the US.
Yeah...but lets be real. Had it been a series, Canada would have won...too deep, too much emotion, tradition and fan support. It came down to one game, and we were very fortuntate.
Where do the great majority of pro and other high level players come from? (It aint the Congo...). Even Blaise said it, we won by playing Canadian hockey. It is still your game, we are simply pretenders...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
John - I didn't watch the games but who carried the majority of the play in the two Canada Vs. US games?

Seems like the US team did - but on both occassions kind of collapsed a bit in the waning minutes of the third period in both tilts.

I agree that Canada compared to the US when it comes to hockey is like apples and oranges, but to call US hockey or Swedish or Russian or Finnish hockey pretenders - that's stretching it.

Especially as it relates to Women's hockey - our US Women are right up there (if not superior to) Canada when it comes to international hockey.

I guess what I'm trying to say is a The odds of a USA hockey world championship/gold medal are much greater than say the odds of a Canadian All Star Team beating a US All Star team in say baseball or Football.

I'm still bummed that I didn't watch the games. Maybe next year I'll see if I can get a one-month NHL network subscription just so I can watch the World Juniors.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
i was hoping canada would win just to see jsg04 bitch like a little girl again...
That goalie interference call with a couple of minutes left was pretty bad. I would have gone on about that for days.

he's secretly a flyers fan.
What can I say I love neanderthal hockey every once in a while.

Last edited: