Quantcast

Would you be in favor of camps?

If we had another terrosit attack by an Arab nation, would you be in favor of brining

• Lock em up

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Let em run

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
L

luelling

I really don't care about what you have to say on the matter, other than your vote and I would like it to be private because I feel a topic like this needs to be private and not public becuase of the stigma.

L

luelling

would you be in favor of putting them in camps if a worse than sept 11th situation happened (assuming arabs where the attackers) or would you opt out of this strategy?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Can't we just lock up all the rednecks?

I think you should have to pass a test of some sort to have access to the PD forum.

:rolleyes:

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
blue said:
I think you should have to pass a test of some sort to have access to the PD forum.

:rolleyes:
Nothing wrong with the question. The fact that you have a high GPA is proof our school system sucks.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i am in favor of locking up every neocon and throwing away the key. call it a camp if you will.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Good point. Considering most of the terrorists were Saudi, we should have started the bombing there...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
According to the NY Times Halliburton has already won contracts to build such camps.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143788

Halliburton Subsidiary Gets Contract to Add Temporary Immigration Detention Centers

By RACHEL L. SWARNS
Published: February 4, 2006

WASHINGTON, Feb. 3 — The Army Corps of Engineers has awarded a contract worth up to $385 million for building temporary immigration detention centers to Kellogg Brown & Root, the Halliburton subsidiary that has been criticized for overcharging the Pentagon for its work in Iraq.

KBR would build the centers for the Homeland Security Department for an unexpected influx of immigrants, to house people in the event of a natural disaster or for new programs that require additional detention space, company executives said.

<SNIP>

"It's the type of contract that could be used in some kind of mass migration," Ms. Zuieback said.

A spokesman for the corps, Clayton Church, said that the centers could be at unused military sites or temporary structures and that each one would hold up to 5,000 people.

"When there's a large influx of people into the United States, how are we going to feed, house and protect them?" Mr. Church asked. "That's why these kinds of contracts are there."

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
MudGrrl said:
:stupid:
lu has obviously never studied history.
Awareness of our history with camps is probably what prompted the question. Sticking our heads in the sand and pretending it didn't happen, or can't happen again, is no way to approach the issue. What is wrong with this discussion?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Changleen said:
No camps. You guys haven't been attacked by arabs anyway. You've been attacked by denial.
Denial is a river in Africa...where A-RABS come from!:mad:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
BeerDemon said:
Awareness of our history with camps is probably what prompted the question. Sticking our heads in the sand and pretending it didn't happen, or can't happen again, is no way to approach the issue. What is wrong with this discussion?
:stupid:

No. I hope this Administration, as well as the ones to follow, aren't stupid enough to make the same mistake twice...hey, a guy can dream, right?

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
BeerDemon said:
Nothing wrong with discussion as long as we are all clear on the fact that what the United States did to the Japanese during WWII was grossly wrong and was probably only able to be done because of widespread racism and xenophobia.

So, discuss all you want, but any reasonable person comes down on only one side of this issue.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
JRogers said:
Nothing wrong with discussion as long as we are all clear on the fact that what the United States did to the Japanese during WWII was grossly wrong and was probably only able to be done because of widespread racism and xenophobia.

So, discuss all you want, but any reasonable person comes down on only one side of this issue.
You haven't read Michelle Malkin's book, I guess.

It's a pity that you bleeding heart liberal pansies won't accept such fine scholarship. I feel sorry for you and your ilk...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
JRogers said:
That's not completely true, what if life here becomes too dangerous for them to walk the streets? A temporary shelter to protect them might become necessary.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
LordOpie said:
That's not completely true, what if life here becomes too dangerous for them to walk the streets? A temporary shelter to protect them might become necessary.
Hey, why not lock up the people who are threatening them instead?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
LordOpie said:
Very droll Loopie. Well done.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
fluff said:
Hey, why not lock up the people who are threatening them instead?
You've got a million psychos out there wanting to hurt thousands of those people...

valve bouncer said:
Very droll Loopie. Well done.
Thank you, thank you, I'll be here another seven hours.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
LordOpie said:
You've got a million psychos out there wanting to hurt thousands of those people...
Just think of the extra space, the smaller queues, the employment opportunities.

Think big, man. Stop letting your imagination be constrained.

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
LordOpie said:
Well, if we put them in camps, let's make sure they at least get a good shower too.
We just want to jail em not change their entire way of life

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
The Amish said:
We just want to jail em not change their entire way of life
That was probably the most crudely racist thing I've ever seen posted here. I honestly tried not to laugh but f*ck me you're a funny cunt. Wanker;)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
LordOpie said:

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here another seven hours.
Wanker!!! Ya can't have 2 bob each way. Either Fluff missed the point or I did......sh*t maybe I missed the point of Fluff's post. That f*cker is messin' with me dial. Pommy bastard.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
valve bouncer said:
That was probably the most crudely racist thing I've ever seen posted here. I honestly tried not to laugh but f*ck me you're a funny cunt. Wanker;)
Aye, it made me grin too. Are you pissed by any chance? Oh and do I score any points for quoting a message with two cunts in it?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
fluff said:
Aye, it made me grin too. Are you pissed by any chance? Oh and do I score any points for quoting a message with two cunts in it?
Haha Fluffo, the 2 cunts thing went very close to going through to the keeper. ;) And I am pissed mate. ;)

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
LordOpie said:
Why not?

Showers can be quite spiritual. They get you much closer to G-d.
The last thing we need is these crazies getting any "closer to god" than they already think they are

L

luelling

BeerDemon said:
Some people on here may not even be aware that we basically jailed all japanese in the U.S. after Pearl Harber (one of the camps resided not too far from my home town). I honestly can't say that what we did was wrong becuase we were being attacked by a foreign nation that happened to have a lot of immigrants from that nation living here. The purpose was to fine everyone from that nation (you can claim this was a race issue, but it was really a nationality issue) and see if they were working for the enemy. They boxed em, interviewed em, and let them go if they felt they weren't associated. Most of the interviews I've seen with japanese that were here at the time....they understood why. My question is if we could see a similiar situation arise if there was a dirty bomb attack or a hardcore biological attack

L

luelling

FYI...I normally stray from topics like this because people will be super quick to label you a racist even though I have hispanic, asian, and arab friends.