Quantcast

wow, feeling dumber the more I listen to GWB...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
We're safer. I swear. We attacked someone, didn't we? That means we're safer.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Well, we damn sure weren't safe before as painfully demonstrated on Sept 11th.

There have been no more repeats since, yet.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
N8 said:
That means nothing at all. I don't know how to explain that any better. Al-Quaeda isn't bound to a term-of-presidency timeline. They're patient, and they're bleeding us dry, or just watching us bleed dry, as we overextend overseas. There will be a time when they think it's opportune to do it again...probably just after we get done heartily congratulating ourselves on a few more domestic-terror-free years.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
N8 said:
Bin Laden himself said we weren't safe, over and over and over again, long before 2001. We just didn't bother to listen or react.

MD

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Actually three times more people died from all other causes (mostly old age and car wrecks) in the US than terrorism on 9/11. N8! You arn't safe from automobiles! Quick! Better start a war on cars! Ford - GM - Mitsubishi - The new Axels (get it?) of evil!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
N8 said:

NO ONE outside Bush's top cronies has established ANY connection between Iraq and Al_Q. Get it through your head... Iraq is purely a vendetta!!!

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
N8 said:

Back to Lisa's rock again.

How many times do we really have to explain this one?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I hear Iran are trying to get hold of N8's brain to use instead of ultra-dense fissile materials like Uranium or Plutonium.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Silver said:

How many times do we really have to explain this one?
I don't think it's so much that N8 doesn't get it, it's that he's incapable of getting it. If the inevitable does occur on Dubya's watch I wonder who N8'll blame then.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
valve bouncer said:
I don't think it's so much that N8 doesn't get it, it's that he's incapable of getting it. If the inevitable does occur on Dubya's watch I wonder who N8'll blame then.
Oh, that one is easy.

It'll be Clinton's fault, for sure...after all, it occured on Dubya's watch once allready...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Silver said:
Oh, that one is easy.

It'll be Clinton's fault, for sure...after all, it occured on Dubya's watch once allready...

No, 9/11 was Clinton's fault; future attacks are going to have to be borne on the contemporary administration's shoulders.

And I'm not kidding about Clinton. I can't stand all this retro-glorification of Clinton by Democrats these days...the man was a terrible leader with terrible character whose 'brilliant foreign policy' had terrible consequences for this nation in the long term. Not that GW's doing any better, mind you, and Clinton was a product of national naivete and short attention span, like any politician these days.

Man, I'm depressed, especially because I can't offer some world-saving plan in the face of all this negativity.

MD

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
MikeD said:
No, 9/11 was Clinton's fault; future attacks are going to have to be borne on the contemporary administration's shoulders.

And I'm not kidding about Clinton. I can't stand all this retro-glorification of Clinton by Democrats these days...the man was a terrible leader with terrible character whose 'brilliant foreign policy' had terrible consequences for this nation in the long term. Not that GW's doing any better, mind you, and Clinton was a product of national naivete and short attention span, like any politician these days.

Man, I'm depressed, especially because I can't offer some world-saving plan in the face of all this negativity.

MD
Partially. Still, Bush didn't do much about Bin Laden either. Remember the memo Condi didn't want to testify about?

And if you want to go further back, you can lay the blame on Carter and Reagan for arming Bin Laden in Afghanistan in the first place. (Ah ha! A Democrat started it again!) Sure, Bin Laden had some of Daddy's money, but he really didn't get rolling until the US set him up nicely.

As far as Clinton goes, he just ends up looking good in comparison to Bush, sort of the same way a full moon looks really bright at night because you only have distant stars to compare it to...

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I like how they make such a big deal out of the fact that he stepped up and defended our country. For fuks sake stop patting yourself on the back it's your fuking job to defend america. :nuts:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MikeD said:

MD
Personally I don't think it was anyone in the governments fault. They are elected officials and must respond to the masses to keep their jobs. Before 9-11 the public was more interested in oval office hummers, flag burning, getting entitlements and tax cuts. There were no special interest groups beating down the doors of Senaters or public outcry after the first WTC bombings. Even now the public is not willing to do what is needed to take care of terrorism, they just want to hear good news, pound their chests and cry out God Bless America.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
N8 said:

N8 why dont you just think about the fact that things are cyclical. we did not get attacked for years and suddenly bam it happens. you dont think it will happen again now that the all powerful all knowing W is in power? did he actually do anything to prevent another attack?could he have? are we safer now than we were before? maybe, maybe not but i can assure you that attacking iraq did nothing to stop terrorist attacks.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
biggins said:
N8 why dont you just think about the fact that things are cyclical. we did not get attacked for years and suddenly bam it happens. you dont think it will happen again now that the all powerful all knowing W is in power? did he actually do anything to prevent another attack?could he have? are we safer now than we were before? maybe, maybe not but i can assure you that attacking iraq did nothing to stop terrorist attacks.

Yes Your Honorable Rumpness!

:bow:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Silver said:
Those things work, since I have gotten mine I have had no problems with tigers, lions, bigfoot, loch ness monsters or fire breathing dragons.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
narlus said:
anyone see the RNC w/ all the banners proclaiming "A Safer World"? safer for who? do any of you feel safer? i sure as hell don't.
Those protestors who broke into the RNC (at least a few times I might add) should have said who is safer now buddy, we got in no problem when they were taken away. Maybe also add for affect:

"Boom and you are dead if we were terrorists"

Would have been great if they did it when some was giving a hubris speech about it

:nuts:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
N8 said:
Nothing to do with Iraq. Those plans took years to set into motion, dont think for a secong that GW stopped any terrorism plans with his actions in Iraq, if anything he inspired even more plans to begin.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
DEFINITELY not a clinton fan, at least not during his presidency, but I can only wish for times when the biggest crisis in the country is whether the president got a bj in the oval office. The men who bombed the WTC in 1993 were tried and convicted, Wilderness areas were protected, the budget was balanced and everybody was making LOTS of money. Its not glorification of clinton, it's just comparing him and the country during that time to the state we're in now makes you realize exactly how non-bad it was during that time. :rolleyes:

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
N8 said:

1st attack on the WTC:
Wednesday, on Feb. 26, 1993

We have awhile yet till someone strikes again.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
dante said:
The men who bombed the WTC in 1993 were tried and convicted
But the organization which used them as patsies got off scot-free. It's nice to think we 'did something about it,' but we did absolutely nothing on a meaningful scale or in the long term, and we certainly didn't deter or pre-empt future attacks.

It sure was nice when we weren't forced to think about anything but an oval office BJ...but that doesn't mean we weren't all negligent by failing to consider reality outside our comfy little American world.

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Westy said:
Personally I don't think it was anyone in the governments fault. They are elected officials and must respond to the masses to keep their jobs. Before 9-11 the public was more interested in oval office hummers, flag burning, getting entitlements and tax cuts. There were no special interest groups beating down the doors of Senaters or public outcry after the first WTC bombings. Even now the public is not willing to do what is needed to take care of terrorism, they just want to hear good news, pound their chests and cry out God Bless America.
Yep, I agree with pretty much all of that, but the leaders could at least be realistic. Oh, wait, then they wouldn't be elected...crap...now you see why I'm generally so pessimistic.

MD

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MikeD said:
Yep, I agree with pretty much all of that, but the leaders could at least be realistic. Oh, wait, then they wouldn't be elected...crap...now you see why I'm generally so pessimistic.

MD
I lost faith in the system a long time ago. But these days it is starting to piss me off. As much as I would like, I can't blame Bush or Clinton. Half of the voting public still does not know the truth behind current events of the last 10 years, has no idea how the economy works and really just votes for a caricature of a candidate as drawn by the media and spin doctors. I am starting to wonder if voting should no longer be a right but a privilege.

dr. evil

Chimp
Sep 3, 2004
friggin whiny, liberals. its never your fault is it? pffft dems, cant live with em, cant kill 'em

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
dr. evil said:
friggin whiny, liberals. its never your fault is it? pffft dems, cant live with em, cant kill 'em
Actually, it's all the fault of an ignorant American public when you really get down to it, and that's what we've been saying. Whose 'fault' do you think it is, the Democrats'?

Why do you think I'm a democrat or a liberal, anyhow?

It's astounding how 95% of Americans just want to fall in on a pre-fab, pre-polarized political identity and endlessly spout the rhetoric it provides them.

MD

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
MikeD said:
Why do you think I'm a democrat or a liberal, anyhow?

It's astounding how 95% of Americans just want to fall in on a pre-fab, pre-polarized political identity and endlessly spout the rhetoric it provides them.

MD
You obviously don't bow down before the wisdom of our God given leader, and that makes you a democrat or a liberal.

Allah wouldn't have elected Bush if He didn't want Bush to be President, you know...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
MikeD said:
But the organization which used them as patsies got off scot-free. It's nice to think we 'did something about it,' but we did absolutely nothing on a meaningful scale or in the long term, and we certainly didn't deter or pre-empt future attacks.
Sounds like you've been influenced by the N8 media too much :p

The Clinton Administration had actual results against real terrorists instead of a nation (Iraq) that was known to Osama Bid Laden in the same category as the "infidels"

Someone posted this on RM before:
1993 Trade Tower bombing. 4 suspects were captured in March of 1994. A fifth (the supposed mastermind) was captured in 1995. Each of these have been convicted and are currently serving time in US prisons.

1995 Saudi Arabian bombing. 4 Saudi nationals were captured by the Saudis (after being indicted by US courts) each was beheaded in 1996

1996 Khobar Towers. 14 indicted by US courts. Each is being held in Saudi custody. No one is exactly sure of the current disposition. It is thought they have probably been "dealt" with.

1998 Embassy bombings. 4 captured and sentenced in US courts to life in prison. 3 that have been indicted are in London fighting extradition. 14 more are indicted but still at large. Also Clinton authorized an attack on Afganistan attempting to kill Osama in 1998 as a result of these bombings. All he got for his troubles was blame that he was deflecting attention away from Monica.

2000 Cole bombing. Clinton only had two months left so....

Also the the spending for anti-terror activities nearly tripled to 6.7 billion during his administration. Of course he didn't catch Osama. That would have been nice but the fact of the matter is that he has proven to not be easy to catch.