StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Crumble, crumble - Barad-dur is about to fall
Auto-translated from Czech, because I am a lazy fuck

--

CHAOS AND FEAR
"People are scared shitless around him. But it's fear without respect. They have had no respect for Putin for two or three years now," a source close to the Russian government told Meduza. Two other sources close to the government and one source close to the Kremlin gave similar testimony.

According to these sources, sentiment among Russian elites toward Putin worsened after his decision to raise the retirement age in 2018, a move opposed by most Russians. The government cabinet was formally reshuffled in 2020, when Mikhail Mishustin replaced Dmitry Medvedev as prime minister, but many government officials held their positions long before that. They still remember how Putin blamed the consequences of his pension reform on the ministers - and eventually blamed them for the drop in his ratings. "People in government have been allergic to the word rating ever since," the source said.

The situation has worsened significantly in recent years. According to Meduza's sources, Putin gradually stopped warning ministers about his short-term and long-term plans.

"Until recently, ministers served the president at least as a kind of Google. He voiced the scenarios he thought were likely and asked, 'What if we do this? What will be the consequences? What if we do it this way? And then what?' But that's gone," said a source close to the government.

According to the source, Putin (who is known for obsessively worrying about his health) stopped consulting ministers altogether after the start of the pandemic — and limited his decision-making to short discussions with his "inner circle" (which in recent years has reportedly consisted mainly of Russian security chiefs).

"Since the beginning of the pandemic, things have repeatedly been dropped on us without any warning," one of the sources told Meduza. One example, he said, was the "support measures" early in the pandemic, which ended up providing plenty of meme fodder. These "measures" consisted of "paid days off" and financial support for families with three or more children.

“The president is able to announce such things without warning. Grand gestures so to speak. And only then the frantic search for where the money will come from will begin," one of the high-ranking sources told Meduza. According to him, just a few years ago, Putin's procedure was exactly the opposite: he first listened to the proposals of various government agencies and then chose the one he considered the best.

At the same time, sources close to the government said that ministers do not dare to press the saw even in the most "unexpected" decisions of Putin - because they are afraid. "When [former economic development minister] Ulyukayev was arrested, everyone understood what to do," one of the sources said.

Other sources close to the government added that this fear, combined with Putin's reluctance to listen to the complaints of his subordinates, led officials to heavily embellish the facts in their reports to the president. Few, if any, were willing to tell him about the real consequences of Western sanctions or the state of the Russian economy, for example. “Every 48 hours there's a new spectacular screw-up - no one really understands what's going on. The people responsible for the implementation of the decisions learn about them only at the last moment," said a source close to the Kremlin.

These problems have only worsened since the start of the war against Ukraine. As Meduza previously reported, not even many high-ranking Russian officials knew anything about Putin's invasion plans until the last minute. In addition, according to sources, Putin lost interest in "peace affairs" after February 24, while his "close circle" shrank even further. Now, according to Meduza sources, the only people who are at least marginally able to influence the president's decisions are the selected members of the Security Council.

"Almost no one is satisfied with Putin. Businesses and many members of the government are unhappy that the president started this war without thinking through the scope of the sanctions. A normal life under these sanctions is impossible. The 'Hawks' are then upset at the pace of the 'special ops'; they think it is possible to act more forcefully," a source close to the Kremlin described the mood among Russian elites in May 2022.

A few months later, not much has changed. However, as the situation on the battlefield worsened for Russia, so did Putin's position increasingly approach that of the hawks around him, while advocates of peaceful solutions in the government took an increasingly pessimistic view.

A source close to the government told Meduza that the work lists of ministers have been swelling lately: "The mobilization was announced... and of course it was not included in the budget."

Mobilization efforts also brought new difficulties to the political department of the presidential administration. According to a source close to the bloc, it is clear to Kremlin officials that the forced recruitment of a hundred thousand Russians into the war had an immediate negative impact on the president's support (even open data shows a 6% drop). "And now they're asking us why it's down and how to raise it!" the source marveled.

A political consultant who works with the Putin administration and several Russian regional governments confirmed the testimony. According to the strategist, the Russian authorities did not notice a significant level of dissatisfaction in the regions before the president's announcement of mobilization. "But now the situation is completely different Russia before the start of mobilization and Russia now are two different countries," he emphasized.

Sources close to the Kremlin, as well as a source who knows members of Putin's inner circle, agreed that the president "cannot provide a vision for the future" even to top officials and top businessmen: "These people are suffering because of sanctions, they are losing huge amounts of money. And it is completely unclear to them whether the Kremlin will be able to compensate them."

As a result, the "power vertical" is beginning to "collapse," according to sources. For example, individual governors began to openly declare that they did not have the money to fulfill promises from Moscow, and Wagnerian founder Yevgeny Prigozhin and Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov began to publicly (and harshly) criticize the country's security forces. "Currently, for example, the mayor of Moscow, Sergei Sobyanin, says that the city's budget will provide support to the families of mobilized soldiers. The Putin administration gave the same instructions to other governors to reduce tensions in society. But most governors don't have the money for that. And Sobyanin's colleagues from other regions have a negative attitude towards his steps: Put your PR somewhere, Sergey Semyonovich," said a source close to Putin's administration.

Like civil servants, even high-ranking officials do not allow themselves to speak negatively about Putin, the sources noted. "Who will put him in jail? It's a monument!” said one of the sources, quoting a Soviet comedy. It is not clear to the Russian elites how the "monument" wants to end the war against Ukraine. Several senior sources said the combination of Putin's recent statements about nuclear war and the successes of the Ukrainian military on the front lines made them nervous.

"He is incapable of losing," said one of them. "And most of all, he can't even admit that he's losing."

Andrey Pertsev

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
"The good news, Mr President, is we can repair the Crimea Bridge."

"And the bad news?"

"We'll need your table."

1665254527863.png

* shamelessly nicked from a buddy who nicked it from somewhere else

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Barge bomb at 3:30:

jfc

the explosion is one pillar tunnel over from the barge. WHERE A TRUCK HAPPENS TO BE AND THE BARGE (OR ASSOCIATED BITS OR BLAST WAVE) DOES NOT HAPPEN TO BE ANYMORE
I learned this in about 15 seconds of watching (thanks for the timestamp! :cupidarrow:)

I don't know who the fuck that guy is but youtube pays for clicks

barge.JPG

Still no barge bits or any water disturbance

BARGEBITS.JPG

Looks like the 4chan bullshit crew is all grown up now

I knew how to splice stationary camera shit together like this 15 years ago.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You really sure about that? It's going to be much harder to cause structural damage without the water to reflect it. I'll take a look at it, but typically stuff like car bombs blows up. Shaped charges are far more precise/over a small area.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am guessing that the truck driver recklessly threw out one of those super dangerous russian cigarettes out of his window.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You really sure about that?
Entirely? No. But I don't think his video presents a case to doubt it either.
Pretty sure the screen caps and my ability to splice a hardline image like that bridge between two video clips lay out what I just said. And that that guy wants to 'cOrReCt tHe mAiNsTrEaM mEdIA' with clicks has a lot to do with that video. Fairly sure about that.

I am guessing that the truck driver recklessly threw out one of those super dangerous russian cigarettes out of his window.
#FUELBARGE

It's going to be much harder to cause structural damage without the water to reflect it. I'll take a look at it, but typically stuff like car bombs blows up. Shaped charges are far more precise/over a small area.
Without knowing what's in the carrier (barge or truck), okay?? Admittedly not an ordinance guy here but I can tell between where the barge was and where the bright light is.

I'm guessing, GUESSING there was a truck driver with a notice that that train was on the bridge and hit the fun button when they crossed paths. You don't time a barge with a train that easily. And god damn that train igniting is way too much of an awesome co inky dink. That's like 9-11 lessons in action. They killed both corridors! They had months of bragging about how they were going to figure out the awesome so I'm going with not melting fat white guy with a youtube account and an odd fascination with big bang bang toys like tonka. I mean.....you should see some sort of presence of previous barge yeah?

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator