Quantcast

-( Y )- HNY 2018 GMT -( Y )-

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Went to bed at 1158 because baby. Up at 645 (not including night time wake ups) because of baby. Currently building Legos with Haley. I think once we get all of the individual sets built I am going to build a Lego table with a large base and mixed bin for piece storage. We are now at 21 sets and they take up a lot of space in storage boxes.
Plans for the garage renovation are slowly getting penciled together.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
First ride of 2018 ended with a vigorous OTB.

It was so foggy out I couldn’t even wipe my glasses clear. Approached a steep move by braille and did not end well. 2018 will see my eyes zapped for better vision.

Mini gear review: g-form elbow pads work. Drilled my elbow into the deck (rocks), and just a bit of a bruise.

Sore as all get out at the moment. My foam roller is staring at me with disapproval as I drink my beer. Fuck you foam roller. You’re not my supervisor!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I’m super leery of LASIK after reading up more. Dryness, pain, halos at night, loss of contrast sensitivity.

I was all for the idea but after reading about the problems I’m now a strong no, especially since my job kind of requires functioning eyesight...

http://www.lasikcomplications.com/risks.htm

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I’m super leery of LASIK after reading up more. Dryness, pain, halos at night, loss of contrast sensitivity.

I was all for the idea but after reading about the problems I’m now a strong no, especially since my job kind of requires functioning eyesight...

http://www.lasikcomplications.com/risks.htm
My eye guy would do PRK. I’ve already had PTK on both my eyes, so I think I’ll go for it. Not sure he will... but goddam I hate wearing glasses.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I did ride there once. It was at a private mountain bike 'park' (not a FR/slopestyle park, but a tract of land park). It was good, but not great. I don't think there is much open land for epic singletrack, though. It is mostly private property or National Parks. I don't know about the west coast.

Last edited: