Quantcast

Zoke Rocco's are alive!

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
leprechaun said:
Zoke has 9.5x3.0 Roccos in stock!

We've got em on the way and will test one ASAP.
More to follow.

Krispy
looking forward to it. I hear they have a platform model in the works, any truth to this?

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
leprechaun said:
Zoke has 9.5x3.0 Roccos in stock!

We've got em on the way and will test one ASAP.
More to follow.

Krispy
I talked with Marzocchi last week about availability and they said not until mid-January. Mis-communication somewhere.:mad: I really want to try to get one for my 7point.

toby

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Schaweet. Anyone know if it'll fit an '02 M1? Looks like it should.
I'm quite excited to see how these perform.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
It seem they only have 9.5 x 3's so far.

They're saying it's going the plush route and not so much the platform route.I'm sure there's a low speed comp adjuster but there is really no info so far other than that.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
According to the Marz. site they are going to make 9.5x3, 9x2.75, 8.75x2.75, 8.5x2.5, 7.875x2, 7.5x2 . It doesn't say they are going to make a remote version, nor does it say they won't make a remote version, but who knows.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Downhiller said:
marzo rocco vs. avy dhs ?!
:mumble: :rolleyes: :mumble: :dead:

Why did you have to do that? There is enough Avy pollution here already. Can we have just one thread without mentioning that damned shock?:angry:

Sep 10, 2001
The 9.5x3's showed up unexpected.... Still waiting to get dates on the rest of them... I need a shock for my bike still...

Brian

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
face said:
i also heard that they were going to have a trade in deal any truth to that?
From what I understand, that rumor was started by a misprint in a magazine.

Noah,

They should have one to fit your ride. I've had a chance to feel one and hold one in my hand, they are bada$$. I'm planning to get mine in January.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
blt2ride said:
From what I understand, that rumor was started by a misprint in a magazine.

Noah,

They should have one to fit your ride. I've had a chance to feel one and hold one in my hand, they are bada$$. I'm planning to get mine in January.
The 9.5x3 is the size, but if the reservoir clears the frame and linkage That is the question.

So James, we've been working on Knapps castle a bit, you should come up and check out the trails

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Zark said:
The 9.5x3 is the size, but if the reservoir clears the frame and linkage That is the question.

So James, we've been working on Knapps castle a bit, you should come up and check out the trails
You know, I didn't think about the reservior fitting in the frame.

I've been trying to get out your way to ride for the past few months, but it never seems to work out. I would like to plan something out...soon!

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
blt2ride said:
You know, I didn't think about the reservior fitting in the frame.

I've been trying to get out your way to ride for the past few months, but it never seems to work out. I would like to plan something out...soon!

It looks like the reservoir should fit, but the compression adjustment won't be easy to reach. I don't know if it will hit the swing link on bottom out though.

I added some "waterbars" at the bottom of Knapps that seem to aid you in clearing small pieces of real estate:love: Nothing like the shizz you guys build, but this is public multi-use situation. I don't want to piss off the natives:p

Any time you feel like hitting up the trails lemme know bro.

J

J5ive

Is it going to come with a manual to explain this "user servicable" feature they've been advertising? Or is it going to as lame as every other marzocchi manual made for the last 3 years.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
MOTODH said:
looking forward to it. I hear they have a platform model in the works, any truth to this?
Not exactly a platform model but a TST model. It has a switch that activates TST mode for pedaling but when you flip the switch back the platform is completely gone. Don't expect that until '07 or so.

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
Zark said:
It looks like the reservoir should fit, but the compression adjustment won't be easy to reach. I don't know if it will hit the swing link on bottom out though.

I added some "waterbars" at the bottom of Knapps that seem to aid you in clearing small pieces of real estate:love: Nothing like the shizz you guys build, but this is public multi-use situation. I don't want to piss off the natives:p

Any time you feel like hitting up the trails lemme know bro.
So that was you who put that stuff in. Pretty cool.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Brian Peterson said:
Here is an update....

These sizes just came in:
8.75 x 2.75
7.875 X 2

MSRP w/ spring, $399

Brian

So with bryson saying things like "since we started this whole freeride thing......." How come there's no 8.5x 2.5 to put on my freeride bike? Huh? how come?

Can I stick a quarter inch reducer over the shaft inside the body? I know Romic and avalanche have done this.

Thanks for the update.

Sep 10, 2001
kidwoo said:
So with bryson saying things like "since we started this whole freeride thing......." How come there's no 8.5x 2.5 to put on my freeride bike? Huh? how come?

Can I stick a quarter inch reducer over the shaft inside the body? I know Romic and avalanche have done this.

Thanks for the update.
8.5x2.5 are on the way... They just haven't got here yet...

Brian

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Has Marzocchi put any thought into producing this shock in any other color besides butt ugly flaming metallic pink puke color?

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Excuse me, allow me to correct myself. Metallic rose, with a hint of fuscia. What's wrong with silver or black, something that would look good mounted in ANY color bike frame? That color is going to look like doodoo on alot of frames Brian.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
It is RED. You are going by a color on your monitor-which is different than the color on mine, and Brian P's, and so on.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
so if you are saying it's red because that is what you see on your monitor, and I see a different color on my monitor, does that make you right and me wrong?
Red, rose, pink, IMO, which I'm entitled to, it is UGLY, and it could be the most amazing shock on the planet, but I would not buy one because the color turns me off. I know I'm not the only one who feels that way about the roco. So why not offer it in a more neutral color. Would you buy a marzocchi fork for your bike if it was that color?

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The red is distinctive. Love it or hate it you'll be able to recognize that shock as a Rocco from anything else. Its called "marketing" ;)

The shock looks good IMO and I've seen it in person.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Renegade said:
so if you are saying it's red because that is what you see on your monitor, and I see a different color on my monitor, does that make you right and me wrong?
Red, rose, pink, IMO, which I'm entitled to, it is UGLY, and it could be the most amazing shock on the planet, but I would not buy one because the color turns me off. I know I'm not the only one who feels that way about the roco. So why not offer it in a more neutral color. Would you buy a marzocchi fork for your bike if it was that color?
No, it means I've seen one in person and it is red. It's metallic red like a polished finish with a transluscent red paint-think Santa Cruz Trans Red. Trust me, it looks cool. Maybe not on all bikes though.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Renegade said:
it could be the most amazing shock on the planet, but I would not buy one because the color turns me off.
Interesting priorities.

I had a blinding chicken colored bike that I stuck a romic on (with obligatory red spring) and two looked like ass together.

I looked about 20ft ahead of me on the trail and didn't seem to notice the color clash though.

Krylonization is not unheard of.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
kidwoo said:
Interesting priorities.

I had a blinding chicken colored bike that I stuck a romic on (with obligatory red spring) and two looked like ass together.

I looked about 20ft ahead of me on the trail and didn't seem to notice the color clash though.

Krylonization is not unheard of.
Well, if I had a hot electric pink colored porsche 911 carrera, I too wouldn't notice the color as I'm driving it, but I sure as hell would after parking it in my driveway and getting out of the vehicle. If the roco was the hottest shock on the planet, which it has not yet proved, then perhaps a little bead blasting would remove what I find offensive.
Fortunetly, there are some excellent performing proven shocks out there that I do like the looks of, and I allready own one of them, so this is all moot really. Funny how everyone is calling this shock the second coming of christ, yet only a few folks have ridden them. The same fervor was prevalent before the fox 36 talus fork came out. Case in point there.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
show me one bike that a dorado looks ****ty on!
also are you really that concerned with the colour of your shock that much, theres as much red on there as a set of odi lockon clamps, your sad.