Quantcast

¥¥¥¥¥ Wednesday heading on vacation .. ª…ßéé®√√ç√ç∂∂

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Those guys......... :banghead:

They will somehow get my work phone number, call and then I have to tell them to scram or that I'm not responsible for yadda yadda yadda (and no I won't give you the number for who is).

But because I sit at a building that is different from where I'm "employed" from, they're next step is usually to call that building and ask to speak to "IT". Guess who answers the phone, again? Mate, the answer was no the first time and now I'm just going to hang up. :rofl:
Some sales muppet keeps contacting me about Cloudflare and then asks can I forward him to the appropriate person...yeah, no.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Back when my boy was cooking he used to play a game of "what can we deep fry" that has produced some amazing results. Often bacon wrapped or beer pancake battered, or both. He was an amazing chef, too bad that's an awful career choice. He enjoyed the work, it was the hours and pay that are killers.
Left over garlic smashed potatoes made some amazing taquitos.

I ran into a former restaurant coworker yesterday and we reminisced a bit. Brutal work environment for sure. I knew it was time to quit when one day I was in the back stock room stabbing boxes with a chefs knife and screaming. Can't say I miss it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Left over garlic smashed potatoes made some amazing taquitos.

I ran into a former restaurant coworker yesterday and we reminisced a bit. Brutal work environment for sure. I knew it was time to quit when one day I was in the back stock room stabbing boxes with a chefs knife and screaming. Can't say I miss it.
The best one was he was head chef at this small new joint in town. They were doing a big Valentine's dinner with a custom menu and a string quartet. We had reservations, too. About an hour before dinner the owner calls me up frantic because he's a no show.

I checked Washington County website and he was in custody. He got picked up the night before drunk and that was a parole violation. Dinner didn't go well. :rofl:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The best one was he was head chef at this small new joint in town. They were doing a big Valentine's dinner with a custom menu and a string quartet. We had reservations, too. About an hour before dinner the owner calls me up frantic because he's a no show.

I checked Washington County website and he was in custody. He got picked up the night before drunk and that was a parole violation. Dinner didn't go well. :rofl:
Yeah, that's not good. But not uncommon.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Fun thing about having a colonoscopy in a small town where your wife is a nurse in the OR… you’ll know most of the people in the room during your procedure. My pre-op nurse is the dude I’m going to Squamish with in May, another good friend just dropped in to wish me good luck, I’ve had Thanksgiving dinner with my surgeon, the list goes on.

A whisker short of 6’2”
everyone has to do the butt stuff. some people just don't have a problem talking about it
You guys ride with people who haven't seen your anus? :confused:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I saw some ten mile long lightning while driving home
We don't get a ton of strikes, but it rumbles like crazy here. It's sunny currently and was sunny about an hour prior.

The wife asked if I'd rather have leftover frozen lasagna or taco truck burrito. What kind of crazy ass choice is that?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My work email gets hounded by industrial adhesive companies. I keep telling them I have no use for those at work.
I had a sales guy call me last month, clearly just going through his contact list. When he was done with his pitch I asked him if he remembered that I actually used to be his lead proposal engineer for a few years followed by a lot of deliciously awkward silence.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I had a sales guy call me last month, clearly just going through his contact list. When he was done with his pitch I asked him if he remembered that I actually used to be his lead proposal engineer for a few years followed by a lot of deliciously awkward silence.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I come in contact with lots of other folks' bikes. I am often surprised by how many people live with shitty brakes. Seemingly rational folks. They own bikes right. They ride them enough to attempt to maintain them. Yet it's like they are not even aware that they ride with shitty brakes. Or don't even care. Brakes are supposed to stop you if you actuate the lever. If they don't. You are a shitty brake user.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Weather has been shit the last few weeks, crazy melting...but the last few days, rain and more rain. It looks like this is the end for our winter trails...way before the usual.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
well I survived the work day with ease despite oversleeping. On the Negative side of things, well it could be a lot worse but they caught it early. Ruth has Glaucoma in one eye but its treatable with laser surgery to improve retinal drainage. She gets the procedure next week and in the mean time has to use eyedrops to reduce the pressure. Apparently Glaucoma (and breast cancer) runs in her moms side of the family.