Quantcast

§¶° vendrediGMT°¶§

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Great ride last night. Capped off by pizza and beer at a friend's pool. Nice. Too bad about the restless night's sleep after.

Sipping cappucino now, contemplating getting ready for work.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Chose to unravel singletrack to work yesterday AM. Rounded a sweeping corner, saw and heard bustling up a tree inside the turn - not one but two Bear Cub and, must have been birthed in April - so tiny. Kept moving as the mother was close and held full attention on me.

Nature.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Leaving for work.

Two meetings today, then its off to the shop to get the front suspension replaced on my car, followed by going to the bike shop to hopefully sweet talk them into pressing in my headset and picking up a few items so that I can rebuild the DH bike.

I'm hoping for a quick day.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
I ended up racing some bikes in the woods last. Top 3 places got gift cards to the local brewery that sponsors their team. I put in a solid effort for the sake of free beer and got 3rd. Free growler fill today.

Full Ridemonkey disclosure. I did it on an VVP bike with a too short top tube and a CCDB air.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Department team builder yesterday afternoon. Consisted of food (I made carne asada), cornhole, and beer.

Will be leaving work early today to ride.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Forgot to mention... last night was the second ride on the Spec Slaugther. I'm still really liking it. As much as it grips on rocks and roots, it doesn't brake so well in loose, deep loam. But I don't care 'bout that really, caus' it corners like it's on rails. It really outclasses the Hans Dampf I have on the front. I knew the HD wasn't the best cornering tire, but it's bonkers how bad it is compared to the Slaughter. My rear tire will hook up and carve in a corner, but the front will just skip, bounce and slide on the same lean. I'll slow down the rebound in the fork, maybe go a click lower in LSC, but really, I think I need to sell the Hans Dampf and get a better front tire. Either a DHRII or a Butcher. We'll see about prices and weights.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin bishes!

Short day today as I will be heading home to pack up the bike, camping stuffs, and guns for a weekend in Moab. Thinking the wife and I will ride some trails, white water raft, and do some 4 wheeling.

Looking forward to driving down this.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Leaving for Vail > Fruita > Salida trip later today. Back in a week or so to visit with my Dad when he rolls through Denver. Plans are starting to look pretty solid for the British Columbia trip later this month... the whole reason I'd go is I have a buddy who's racing the Test of Metal and we talked about making it a longer "ride a bunch of cool shit in Canada" sort of deal. Him doing a road trip or just flying in for the race was kinda contingent on what his girlfriend wanted to do, and well... uh... he just split up with her. I'm sad and happy for him, but it also means he's probably down for a big road trip of bikes and beers.

#funemployment #doingitright

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Forgot to mention... last night was the second ride on the Spec Slaugther. I'm still really liking it. As much as it grips on rocks and roots, it doesn't brake so well in loose, deep loam. But I don't care 'bout that really, caus' it corners like it's on rails. It really outclasses the Hans Dampf I have on the front. I knew the HD wasn't the best cornering tire, but it's bonkers how bad it is compared to the Slaughter. My rear tire will hook up and carve in a corner, but the front will just skip, bounce and slide on the same lean. I'll slow down the rebound in the fork, maybe go a click lower in LSC, but really, I think I need to sell the Hans Dampf and get a better front tire. Either a DHRII or a Butcher. We'll see about prices and weights.
I found the Butcher small for its size, I liked the DHRII a bit better.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Rode 8.5 miles last night, then mowed the lawn after the sunset. It is much more fun when it's too dark to see the grass. :busted:
1/2 day of home office work, then all sorts of chores that need to be done before we leave for deep South tomorrow morning.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Everyone is a winner on Friday. :)

Locally the weather kooks chaotic so no bike ride foe me today, Saturday and Sunday look great so I'll be doing my best to be the one who calls "on your left" since I forgot to take my bell of a bike I no longer own. I haven't found another pirate bell yet...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Looking forward to driving down this.

That's 4 wheeling?! Looks doable in a Focus. Where are the r0x?!

Was hoping to get to work early today so I could leave early. In my groggy state this morning I changed the clock time instead of the alarm time. Didn't get to work until 9:30. FML.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
swapped a pickup in a guitar last night, after having a couple of beers, somehow wired it correctly.
As a guitar player, this impresses me. Nearly all of my (sober) guitar wiring/soldering attempts have failed miserably.

Maybe the sober part is the problem....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That's 4 wheeling?! Looks doable in a Focus. Where are the r0x?!

Was hoping to get to work early today so I could leave early. In my groggy state this morning I changed the clock time instead of the alarm time. Didn't get to work until 9:30. FML.
That's one of the more scenic sections. The current plan is to take all dirt from CO into Moab. Perhaps go down into the Maze district of Canyonlands if time allows.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
As a guitar player, this impresses me. Nearly all of my (sober) guitar wiring/soldering attempts have failed miserably.

Maybe the sober part is the problem....
thanks. I suggest a beer for any wrenching, playing, cleaning, surgery ... pretty much anything.
old: SD '59, single wire - new: SD JB, 4 wire

Short day in the office is shorter the longer I stay in bed.
because, MATH !

My new bass has EMG pickups with solder less connections. In theory, it's 5 minutes to pop out one pickup and plug another in.
EMGs setup is the best. A drunken monkey could change pickups, pots, etc.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My new bass has EMG pickups with solder less connections. In theory, it's 5 minutes to pop out one pickup and plug another in.
The EMG pickups I bought a few years back came with those plug-type connections, had no idea when I bought them. Opened the box and said WTF.

Wound up just soldering the pickups, as I wasn't replacing the pots/selector switch. Saved all the parts though, so I may switch over at some point.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just starting to get used to waking god awful early. Will look forward to sleeping in this weekend though. Volvo gets delivered today, funny thing is I had someone contact me that they saw it getting hauled through Colorado.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work.

Wifey likes the Infinit more than the Audi at this point. Cheaper, so much more to my delight. Leasing is something I have just started looking at though. Wifey really likes to have new cars and a 4 year lease of the Infinit would only end up being ~$16k total. She could get a new car afterwards, which she would like. She put a whopping 9400 miles on the Subie in the last year, so given it is a low mileage car, going over mileage probably would not be a problem. Cost of the lease would be low enough to justify keeping the Forester too.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
beer acquired. bike broken down to fit into back of loaner car. gear packed. coffee consumed. ready to head to sbowshoe. fuck yeahhhhhhhhh. plus the loaner is nicer than my car. bonus on the 5 hour drive.

which infiniti @stoney ? one of the qx?

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
beer acquired. bike broken down to fit into back of loaner car. gear packed. coffee consumed. ready to head to sbowshoe. fuck yeahhhhhhhhh. plus the loaner is nicer than my car. bonus on the 5 hour drive.

which infiniti @stoney ? one of the qx?
QX60

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Gold Bar Rim is the place to go for 4x4.

What's the planned dirty route?
Taking the Gateway Road out of you guessed it, Gateway,CO. Then we can either go Polar Mesa -> Thomson Canyon -> Onion Creek, or head south towards the La Salles. There is also the Kokopelli Trail but we did the beginning section of that last year and are looking for something new.