Quantcast

¬¬¬¬¬ God start to week MONDAY GTM ΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
after anything in particular? planet cyclery has gp5ks in stock and on sale

ideally looking for tubeless pirellis or gp5ks. They are impossible to find in 28mm. One of the challenges is that I don't know exactly what I want...some people love road tubeless, others swear by latex and say tubeless isn't worth the hassle. I am looking for the fattest 28-30c tire I can get, as my bike will fit 30mm but no more. The way they name and measure these things is bananas, too.

Thanks for the tip. Are you on the Corsa G 2.0, or the first version? I can get those cheap but many people complain about flats- have you experienced much?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
ideally looking for tubeless pirellis or gp5ks. They are impossible to find in 28mm. One of the challenges is that I don't know exactly what I want...some people love road tubeless, others swear by latex and say tubeless isn't worth the hassle. I am looking for the fattest 28-30c tire I can get, as my bike will fit 30mm but no more. The way they name and measure these things is bananas, too.

Thanks for the tip. Are you on the Corsa G 2.0, or the first version? I can get those cheap but many people complain about flats- have you experienced much?
Why are you not looking at the GP4Season if you are afraid of flats? A little slower but quite more durable.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A few tablespoons of sealant in a road tube does wonders for reliability and isn't enough to impact weight or rolling resistance. I have swapped out tires to find the tube suffered dozens of tiny punctures that I never noticed.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Why are you not looking at the GP4Season if you are afraid of flats? A little slower but quite more durable.
I'm not "afraid of flats" but I don't want a flat-prone tire. Something like the GP5k isn't known to be prone to punctures, but the pro one and corsa are.
A few tablespoons of sealant in a road tube does wonders for reliability and isn't enough to impact weight or rolling resistance. I have swapped out tires to find the tube suffered dozens of tiny punctures that I never noticed.
I haven't thought of nor heard of that, but I'm not too worried about it, just want to buy a tire that's the right combo of fast and durable.
Y U no tubulars?
I don't have tubular rims?