Quantcast

®®®®® Monday .... üüüüüü

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got the contract from our new big client back signed this morning. So now its a sprint to Monday next week when we go live with a several new services we have never delivered or tested before. I have worked on the contract since May. Feels really good to finally be done. Not that there is not other things giving me problems with that is life as a CEO.

Nice weather all week. Already have a mtb ride planned for Wednesday followed by Vietnamese hot pot post ride.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Not sure why but random people seemed extra nice and quite chatty today, I think three people told me to "Have a great afternoon/rest of your day"
What made it more strange was that they didn't seem to sound sarcastic.

A good day was had, bird photography, walked probably a mile to get a kebab to find the shop was shut so I went and got a beer and a burger which was pretty damn tasty.
Hullo.jpg

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Not sure why but random people seemed extra nice and quite chatty today, I think three people told me to "Have a great afternoon/rest of your day"
What made it more strange was that they didn't seem to sound sarcastic.
I had the same experience on my ride last night. I was on a mission and 4 different groups engaged me at various points of my ride. I was cordial but never stopped and every time they were standing there like they expected more as I pedaled off. Strange indeed..

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I had the same experience on my ride last night. I was on a mission and 4 different groups engaged me at various points of my ride. I was cordial but never stopped and every time they were standing there like they expected more as I pedaled off. Strange indeed..
I look for the trail chat these days, if nobody chats to me I start pulling weeds out.
Not because I am fat and need a rest but because it's the right thing to do, hahaha!
I'd rather have rests than get an E-bike.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

@gonefirefightin might be on to something. 2 nights of pretty solid sleep. I've always functioned well on about 6 hours sleep, but was getting maybe 4. No caffeine after 10:00, and I haven't had any headache.

As a side, my beverage budget is now way less than a buck a day. It used to be about $5 a day between soda and Monsters. Kinda crazy.

Screenshot_20240826-064048.png

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I look for the trail chat these days, if nobody chats to me I start pulling weeds out.
Not because I am fat and need a rest but because it's the right thing to do, hahaha!
I'd rather have rests than get an E-bike.
Haha usually I am the fierce chatter and I kept wondering if I should abandon the shred for social time with strangers.

It was hilarious when I aced a punchy, janky, stair-step granite feature. These 4 Indian dudes getting their dose of nature said "Oh my look at him he's doing it! Oh wow he is climbing it! You can do it! You are doing it!" LOL

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Nuke it from orbit, just to be safe….

Final mission preps today, last checks on tools materials and supplies before the helo and packers mobilize. Everybody else is arriving from the airport today and should be ready with a half day of buffer for flight delays. Charging all my gadgets and getting my park fishing license today. (All online now)

In other news,

Nothing here in the Mormon Bible Belt is open on Sundays except for the Applebees and chilis in the hotel parking lot, ate at both yesterday and now I can shit through a screen door. #soblessed #cleansing

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

@gonefirefightin might be on to something. 2 nights of pretty solid sleep. I've always functioned well on about 6 hours sleep, but was getting maybe 4. No caffeine after 10:00, and I haven't had any headache.

As a side, my beverage budget is now way less than a buck a day. It used to be about $5 a day between soda and Monsters. Kinda crazy.

View attachment 217426
amazing how that works huh.

in other sleep news, i slept like shit saturday night, was up at 3 (instead of my planned 4) to leave for OC NJ for diving. so barely 5 hours of crap sleep. didn't jive well with my stomach. wasn't seasick, just felt like crap almost the entire time. felt fine in the water thankfully.

made up for it with 9 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night.

kids start school tomo.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Nuke it from orbit, just to be safe….

Final mission preps today, last checks on tools materials and supplies before the helo and packers mobilize. Everybody else is arriving from the airport today and should be ready with a half day of buffer for flight delays. Charging all my gadgets and getting my park fishing license today. (All online now)

In other news,

Nothing here in the Mormon Bible Belt is open on Sundays except for the Applebees and chilis in the hotel parking lot, ate at both yesterday and now I can shit through a screen door. #soblessed #cleansing
Dude…I needed a shower after the airport Carnitas blew through me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Jeezus. No wonder your sleep was all fucked up. :panic:
There was a guy on my ship that would make this drink:

Packed of cocoa and 2 tea bags with 2 sugars into a cup of coffee, then left to steep for about an hour when it's room temperature. Then take it like a whiskey shot.

Beverage, Coffee Type. 1 each
(Navy coffee) Was enough for me on its own.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatcha say there, bub! Still dealing with some lingering covid symptoms, mainly a sore throat and fatigue. It's been nine days since I tested positive. I ignored that though and had a good 8.2 mile run before work. I have not done any pedaling during that nine days, so I'll climb onto the KICKR later and remedy that.