Quantcast

°° gmt? Ok sure °°

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
COVID microchip install #4 yesterday, was free at work so hey why not. Was pfizer this time and they side effects were significantly less bad, no waking up shivering then waking up sweating. Not sure if feeling off this morning is from the side effects or psychosomatic, but I'm milking it for a few hours anyways.

Also debating buying a second brake for the TT bike. Finally got things sorted with the vendor in china but already ordered one from ebay. Having two wouldn't be bad as these are impossible to find, or have been, but I also won't need two so it might be $75 wasted. Ah well

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yeah well LOL. I woke up at 5:00 and swam 2600 yards. I've been slacking on my swimming since my Ironman and I am ok with that, but I am "back" now since I've got another Ironman in June. Anyway, getting up at 5:00 was very easy after four days of 2:00 wake ups followed by a fuckload of sleep the past three nights.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Hump day indeed. While it has rained a lot the last few days, it hasn't rained on walkies at all. But old dog has a mass on her belly, so we know she doesn't have much longer. We've had her 3 years and I didn't give her 18 months, so I'll take it. I should have stolen her 12 years ago, but you know.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello peoples

it is snauing again

WFH but not working at moment: waiting for a package at the FedEx depot

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
boy went to children's hospital for a follow up for his crushed finger. looks like ligament damage only, no fractures. still, cannot ski DH for another 2 weeks. which I suppose is fine since there's no fucking snow here at the moment. goddammit.

today was my first day back in the office in person. spent 2.5 hours on Monday night getting the winter commuter back in workable shape. new bb installed, fixed the cranks, greased the brake pivots, aired up the tires. went to leave this morning, and the rear tire was flat. didn't have a new tube anymore. so i had to patch the tube this morning and hope it holds for the day... I gotta be there to pick up the boy when he gets off the bus! worst case I walk back with my bike, it's only 2 miles.

went for a skate ski last night while the other boy was at practice. skate skiing in marginal conditions, at night with no light is ill-advised. tripped a whole bunch, kept catching myself with my arm with the bad elbow. fell on my face a couple of times too. back, elbow and ribs are all a bit sore.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
we have had no measurable snow to date and are creeping towards the record. we had flurries for about an hour the day before xmas eve, but that's it.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rubber spokes showed up in the mailbox. :panic:
Work is kinda all over the place, but I hope I'll be able to steal a ride before the sunset again, so that might be nice.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Does he love goooold? :D
I'll try to get him to select Tunnel Engineering if he ends up choosing Mines. :homer:

That's commutable, right? I see foresee someone living in your house another 4 years. :D
It's def commutable. No Aerospace Enginerding program, though... so we'll see.

<snip> They do however teach you how to blow shit up.
This guy gets it.

Will probably need another pickup in the family for the drive. And so the other Mines students recognize rugged individualism.
Still contemplating the fate of the pick-em-up truck. Parking in Golden is a fk'n nightmare, though - so maybe he should take the train and bike from the station.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'll try to get him to select Tunnel Engineering if he ends up choosing Mines. :homer:

It's def commutable. No Aerospace Enginerding program, though... so we'll see.

This guy gets it.

Still contemplating the fate of the pick-em-up truck. Parking in Golden is a fk'n nightmare, though - so maybe he should take the train and bike from the station.

Double check to make sure that wasn't actually the Colorado School of Mimes.