Quantcast

°° Wednesday GMT °°

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
yeah, I love them a lot, just not loving those poorly installed spacers, I will see if I can run down some steelies with better backspacing, and install those
Those mole grips were holding it all together, put them back!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Probably up to 30+ power flickers as they try and restore service.

I've kept wanting solar and a powerwall...

Edit: flipped the main breaker for a while otherwise something was going to break.
Assuming no need for a power wall, www.solarwholesale.com. way cheaper installed than Tesla. Actually just got an email this am that their financing is down to 1.99% (still checking term). Depending on your current electric bill, that might be a near wash on costs.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Assuming no need for a power wall, www.solarwholesale.com. way cheaper installed than Tesla. Actually just got an email this am that their financing is down to 1.99% (still checking term). Depending on your current electric bill, that might be a near wash on costs.
What price did you get quoted per installed W? I paid $2.20/installed W for Tesla last spring and it's cheaper now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
As for lifted oddball cars, out in farm country near home there is a yard which has a Pontiac Sunfire running a 12" or so lift kit on mud tires.

Spectacular.

Can barely see it, but there it is in the background.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
6.84kw @ $13209 after tax credit.
That's less than I was thinking at the back of my mind. But if I do a solar install I also want battery backup in the solution as we do lose power a couple, three times a year. Our electricity part of the bill is feck all each month, $40ish mebbe.

@SkaredShtles hopefully they can put some sort of fairing over the gaps to stop the wind getting underneath them! :D

*Power back on after 6 1/2 hours, hoping it stays on.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That's less than I was thinking at the back of my mind. But if I do a solar install I also want battery backup in the solution as we do lose power a couple, three times a year.

@SkaredShtles hopefully they can put some sort of fairing over the gaps to stop the wind getting underneath them! :D
These don't seem to have it, so you'd need to address with the provider. Worth reaching out. I'll connect you to who I'm working with if you want. Really nice guy, not salesy. Plus I get a kickback. :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What's your rough electricity bill per month @stoney ?

Ours is low, ~$35 electrons and ~$35 dinosaur farts in the september bill I just glanced at. That's hard to break even any time soon. @Toshi does your array cover your daily needs or are you still buying power on top? I'm wondering how much "money" is feasible selling excess back to xcel.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
The wall requirement pushes a Tesla install up to $22k for same wattage.
I have no Powerwall. Maybe they changed things later.

Ours is low, ~$35 electrons and ~$35 dinosaur farts in the september bill I just glanced at. That's hard to break even any time soon. @Toshi does your array cover your daily needs or are you still buying power on top? I'm wondering how much "money" is feasible selling excess back to xcel.
I also have 2.6 kW more up there from when the house was built. So 13.94 kW total, I think, and that works out to be way oversized for our current usage (noting that I had the Tesla when these systems were installed). Note the Y axis despite the upwards facing bars--negative usage all but Jan and Feb of this calendar year and much of it very negative...

overproducing.PNG

Gosh, if you liked tubgirl. Have you heard of the nice love story of two girls with a cup and no idea what to do the cup? It’s a great story line that unfolds.
Never sullied my brain with that either!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Electric is $100/m annualized. We've done just about everything possible to be more efficient - insulation, LED everything, unplug unused everything, smart t-stat & open/close blinds to control temp, etc. We can't do much more, but it's a big house with 4 people.

I don't factor the sell back in my break-even calculations. Just cost of the financing over the term vs. paying my monthly bill. If I have money in pocket, I will almost always invest it when I can get lower rate loan options - especially when the payment is a lateral expense ($ from bill > loan). At 1.99%, that's sub-inflation and fixed rate - perfect inflation hedge and on a 10yr term the cost is negligible vs. what I can save long-term on electricity costs.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
yeah, I love them a lot, just not loving those poorly installed spacers, I will see if I can run down some steelies with better backspacing, and install those
I took alloys with 33MTs off to go to 235 ATs on OEM steelies, but painted matte silver since I can't find proper chrome ones locally.

I am trying for a mostly factory-ish family truckster, not the halfass-modernized wannabe mudder that it was.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Second huge ponderosa just snapped in half.
Damage report.

The second one is sitting across a chunk of fence along the southern property line. I'm expecting an influx of migrants any minute now that the wind has died down to take advantage of the security lapse.

I guess I better go find the chainsaw and chaps...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Gosh, if you liked tubgirl. Have you heard of the nice love story of two girls with a cup and no idea what to do the cup? It’s a great story line that unfolds.
Of all things, its kind of amazing how it seems like all traces of tubgirl and goatse have been effectively erased from the interwebs.

Of course, ascii art not included.