Quantcast

¿■£weds gfmt£■¿

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Got all cut up at the Doc office today. 6-8 weeks now being off bikes, 2 weeks of this weird bandage/brace thing, then 4 weeks hard cast. Woke up from general anesthesia feeling pretty good, no nausea or anything else. Popped a percocet post-op and generally don't feel groggy or bad. They said to stay off Amazon and Ebay, but didn't say anything about Jenson.

Foot is completely dead from the nerve-blocker.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Got all cut up at the Doc office today. 6-8 weeks now being off bikes, 2 weeks of this weird bandage/brace thing, then 4 weeks hard cast. Woke up from general anesthesia feeling pretty good, no nausea or anything else. Popped a percocet post-op and generally don't feel groggy or bad. They said to stay off Amazon and Ebay, but didn't say anything about Jenson.

Foot is completely dead from the nerve-blocker.
What happened? I must have missed it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What happened? I must have missed it.
I've had it planned for a while. Sometime almost 2 years ago, I rolled my ankle. It's hard to bring it down to a proximal event, but I have a general idea. That chipped some bone from my talus and that has then proceeded to mess up the joint. Didn't happen right away though, took a while and about a year and a half ago I was starting to feel some significant effects, if I didn't do anything for a while, like sleep, sit, etc, I had a bunch of pain and then my ankle would work "normally" if I kept walking or whatever. Doc at the ortho seemed to know exactly what it was, said could give a cortizone shot and said it would be good to see how that does, but that I'd probably need surgery later. Cortizone was great, like having a freaking new foot for about 8 months, but it started to come back, differently, but starting to affect everything I do. I could walk and ride, but running was out of the question, downhill hiking was sketchy, I could go a mile or two, but then I'd be about done. Even over the last few weeks my foot position was starting to get affected on my bike, so definitely time to get it done. They went in and did arthroscopic microfracture and curettage, to get some clotting which will hopefully form into fibro-cartilage and then it'll work good again. Will be off bikes for about 6 weeks.

Ooh, and another aftershock just now, yay!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
cool, wet, and windy 20 mile ride this afternoon. I think I rode through 3-4 good rain squalls and a bunch of light stuff. I had on the perfect gear to stay warm and dry though all of it. The only low point is that after riding hard the 3 previous days I had no snap left in these old legs. Damn fun ride even though I had to take all the turns really slow due to the water and sand making all the corners quite treacherous.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So for those that don't know (as I obviously didn't), the International Standard disc mount for Marzocchi is further from the hub than the International Standard for Fox.

So I guess the "standard" only relates to the bolt spacing. :rofl:

I've had it planned for a while. Sometime almost 2 years ago, I rolled my ankle. It's hard to bring it down to a proximal event, but I have a general idea. That chipped some bone from my talus and that has then proceeded to mess up the joint. Didn't happen right away though, took a while and about a year and a half ago I was starting to feel some significant effects, if I didn't do anything for a while, like sleep, sit, etc, I had a bunch of pain and then my ankle would work "normally" if I kept walking or whatever. Doc at the ortho seemed to know exactly what it was, said could give a cortizone shot and said it would be good to see how that does, but that I'd probably need surgery later. Cortizone was great, like having a freaking new foot for about 8 months, but it started to come back, differently, but starting to affect everything I do. I could walk and ride, but running was out of the question, downhill hiking was sketchy, I could go a mile or two, but then I'd be about done. Even over the last few weeks my foot position was starting to get affected on my bike, so definitely time to get it done. They went in and did arthroscopic microfracture and curettage, to get some clotting which will hopefully form into fibro-cartilage and then it'll work good again. Will be off bikes for about 6 weeks.

Ooh, and another aftershock just now, yay!
heal up!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Good Afternoon,

It's been a busy morning of attempting to install graphics in the howling, cold wind.....you know, everything the industry recommends against. Install a graphic, go warm up in the van, install a graphic, question my career decision, warm up....etc.

I get over to the OB/GYN clinic to get some new doctor names on the reception area glass, and they are kind enough to point out to me the 8 speculums they have dressed as reindeer and pulling Santa behind them in 4 menstrual cups duct taped together. Merry Christmas from The South, y'all.
The laughter from everyone in the reception room who were already aware of the decoration, when they saw my reaction, was a very weird moment.
you did take a photo of it didn't you?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Canadians? They hate our Beer. Yet they still drink any quantity you put before them? 3 cases of Beer between 4 people in 2 days, and a 18pack to go home with. They packed a cooler full of Hotdogs and Bacon.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Canadians? They hate our Beer. Yet they still drink any quantity you put before them? 3 cases of Beer between 4 people in 2 days, and a 18pack to go home with. They packed a cooler full of Hotdogs and Bacon.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
grocery store is starting to run low on bread
end times are nigh
I assume the whole state of NC will catch fire the second snow starts falling