Quantcast

ÆÆÆÆÆ > Monday GTM >>>>>>>

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning....errr....afternoon!

I'm worn out today...stood on that damn boat all weekend fishing as hard as one can fish....I don't even know how you fish hard, but I'm pretty sure I did it. Just got chased around by storms the whole time....this has been a frustrating summer for being out on the water here in the South. The upside, is my yard looks like it was tended to by the grounds crew at Augusta National....

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
5 hours of drinking beer and riding at the BMX track yesterday. Got fully zoned in and hit some lines that I had been too sissy to hit since I separated my AC joint. I am sore and mighty dehydrated.

Work sucks.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Just learned an acquaintance (our wives are work friends) just broke his C3 and C4 vertebrae and damaged his spinal column while out riding. I don't know the details of how it happened, but he usually rides the mellower trails around here. Ya never know when something might catch out out. He can just wiggle his toes...so hopefully he'll keep improving. Scary shit.

Take it easy out there, fellers.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Did they have Squeebs problem?
No appreciable change. My 3 year old has always had large poops. That's her talent, I guess.

Just learned an acquaintance (our wives are work friends) just broke his C3 and C4 vertebrae and damaged his spinal column while out riding. I don't know the details of how it happened, but he usually rides the mellower trails around here. Ya never know when something might catch out out. He can just wiggle his toes...so hopefully he'll keep improving. Scary shit.

Yikes. You never know what's around the corner--I read imaging studies on a lot of people my age or even younger who have metastatic cancer. Play hard but stay well insured.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...

Jeeze. A guy out here just broke his neck after a crash as well. Apparently he went OTB and landed on his head as he after getting overconfident on his new stumpjumper. He said the bike is ok.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Made it to Denali National Park yesterday. Rain shrouded most mountains, but couldn’t see shit anyway as we aren’t going to pay the absurd fee to ride a bus down the park road. Sad. Wish I could experience more of the park.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

One of the best riders I know from college broke his neck on an XC ride on Telonics in Laguna Canyon - Danny Minx; he was a Superhero way back when. He's the dude that taught me how to hit monster jumps and is fully paralyzed from an XC crash.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Went out on a family hike yesterday morning. 2 miles is pretty good to wear out a 5 year old and a 2 year old. My oldest did the whole thing and the little guy made it a little over half way until I had to carry him. Everything closely accessible around us has pretty much been burned, which is a bummer. Planning a longer hike on Saturday with a few of the guys from work. Want to get some gear sorted out and then start doing some overnights and hitting up the Sierras and some only hike accessible fishing.

One of the best riders I know from college broke his neck on an XC ride on Telonics in Laguna Canyon - Danny Minx; he was a Superhero way back when. He's the dude that taught me how to hit monster jumps and is fully paralyzed from an XC crash.
Telonics isn't really an XC trail, even less so on an XC bike. It can easily bite hard even on a DH bike.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Was in a meeting from time i got to work until lunch... FTS.
My sister in Oregon told me that my youngest nephew likes to climb things and not afraid of heights. I suggested a climbing gym... She said there is a ninja warrior gym near her that she will sign him up for when he turns 3 in December. I should go get them into biking... I should go meet them... Haven't met either of my nephews, and the older one i think is 4, turning 5.

I find out Wednesday if i got a promotion.
Go see your nephews. Your really missing out and will regret it the rest of your life.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was going to ride, then looking out the window realized the visibility is so shit today from the smoke I'd probably come back smelling like BBQ. :/

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Go see your nephews. Your really missing out and will regret it the rest of your life.
To be fair, When they were born, i was still living in P.A. then moved to Texas. Would be nice to go see them, but it's still expensive from AZ. I should try to find some training in Portland to attend... Then i would get paid to go there!

I'd probably come back smelling like BBQ. :/
i see no issues with that.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Was going to ride, then looking out the window realized the visibility is so shit today from the smoke I'd probably come back smelling like BBQ. :/
Mmm... BBQ. :drool:

Trail ratings are a theoretical construct of The Man™ created to encourage inequality and divisiveness.

Eschew The Man™.
Also: All Trails are XC Trails™.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Search teams recovered the Captain's son yesterday.

News release came out today.

Sad as it kills the little thought that maybe he is just lost...... At the same time.... The family can now have closer and lay their son/brother to rest

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You can ride an XC/trail bike on a that trail. It's not full of mandatory rampage airs, but the guy in @stoney 's story did not get wrecked on a chill lunch ride. Riding that trail at speed is serious business.
It was down in the swithbacks at the bottom. Stuffed a switchback corner and landed flat on his head, iirc.