Quantcast

+×÷=Saturday GMT =÷×+

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Can't sleep. I've watched Idiocracy, Little Nicky, and I'm now into Ghostbusters. This will probably catch up to me mid-day, which will be awesome.

Haley rode again after school. She found a triangular island on one of our bike paths and stated sessioning it to see how fast she could go. Her identification of an apex is troubling. She got it too quickly and has figured out when in her pedal stroke she needs to stop to lean more. This will undoubtedly end well.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Apparently sleep is not for me either. High danger of purchasing something I don't need due to aimless web wandering.

Now that Ghostbusters has been mentioned, that could happen too.

Raining now so round 1 of coffee is inbound. Prolly be beer time by 9 or 10 at this rate.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HELLO AND WHATNOT. I am about to hop on the bike trainer for two hours. :dead: Last time I watched Spectre. I think I'll give Mission Impossible Rogue Nation a try this morning. First though, POOOOOOOP!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
^

i think i have that book somewhere...plenty of thousand yard stares contained.

i got lucky on a out of print book for hiking in the cabinet mountains....a lot of amazon resellers were asking 85.00 for it...scored a copy for 18.00 off of ebay.

lightbulb clicked in my head....blue tooth with phone...finally a lap top with blue tooth....so why the fuck am i still using a cable for file transfers...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Up.

Was going to attempt to ride to the bike shop and then to a buddies house, but weather guy says it will not get much past the freezing point and 76% chance of rain and snow. So nope, going to go tool around the path through town for a bit.

Tomorrow should be a great day for riding.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
On ski train with whole family. Another day of groomers with Yuna attached to me.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Where are you heading today?
Probably a lap of Apex, MW, RR, GM, Chimney. Haven't investigated the technical delights of GM so figured it's about time. On call so can't head too far.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
My tennis match got cancelled due to rain this morning. No big deal, as I wanted to go to work anyway. Now that I am here, I have to figure out what happened in the bracket yesterday and go update the large bracket we posted for executive types and visitors. then probably polishing plexiglass or building led lightboxes. Final Four assets need to get on a truck early next week for the remote broadcast and there is still a new competitors desk to finish for eLeague.

I wish jenson could deliver to the east coast in 2 days without additional shipping charges. Then I could work on making one of my two ancient rides 100% operational. I guess that will have to wait until next week.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Possibly. Not this year, but the following, as I will turn 40 that May. Start in Waterton on my birthday, go south.
Everything goes south once you turn 40. :busted:

Good workout this morning, a little slushy towards the end as I started a bit late. With the sunny skies and rising temperatures, I don't think we have any more snow riding days left. Good, I am ready for brown pow!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Rolled into the show grounds at 9:30pm and got a good nights sleep. Hooked the trailer up to my truck this morning. Drinking Coffee and eating breakfast in the camper then heading off to Auburn with the trailer to get a stall divider fixed ( latch snapped off the wall) while Ruth stays at the show with the other truck and camper. I hope I get back in time to see her ride.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
In the mid to late 90s I had a fascination with the Olympic National Rain forest and hiked EVERY trail there was near Quinault, Hoh & Queets. Twas awesome. :)

On today's agenda was was a 2" hitch for the Subaru but, since I cant get the rack I want until May, Ima gonna wait. its about 50 degrees out now but should warn up to 60 my noon. I will be hitting the boring but dry side of the river for a few hours this afternoon. My spider sense tells me it will be dry...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Beautiful ride this morning. Started cold at - 10,but was warm at 0 when we got back to the car. Was riding bare handed in the pogies by the end. Trails are still in midwinter conditions after Tuesday and Wednesday's storm. I think we still have at least three weeks of snow biking left.

Going to take the boys tobogganing or hiking this afternoon, its warm and sunny out.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
My tennis match got cancelled due to rain this morning. No big deal, as I wanted to go to work anyway. Now that I am here, I have to figure out what happened in the bracket yesterday and go update the large bracket we posted for executive types and visitors. then probably polishing plexiglass or building led lightboxes. Final Four assets need to get on a truck early next week for the remote broadcast and there is still a new competitors desk to finish for eLeague.

I wish jenson could deliver to the east coast in 2 days without additional shipping charges. Then I could work on making one of my two ancient rides 100% operational. I guess that will have to wait until next week.
I know you are all on the edge of your seats on what my afternoon looks like. I will be polishing plexiglass.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Legs feel great after a late night trail session. Since getting the helmet lamp in conjunction with the bar lamp, night riding is more fun!

Currently digesting some MIL elk/beefalo meatloaf. Yummy

@canadmos how many miles do you have on the drop bar skinny tire thingy?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
In the mid to late 90s I had a fascination with the Olympic National Rain forest and hiked EVERY trail there was near Quinault, Hoh & Queets. Twas awesome. :)
The Hall of Moses is definitely on my bucket list.

I too watched (some) of Ghostbusters last night and had trouble going to sleep.

Rained last night, might be a bit too wet to move rocks. May have to find out.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@Nick discovered GM is crap. Wife will only do it again on her rigid bike.

@Pesqueeb wife and I have slowly been working our way down the CT by bike. Through hike would be a tough one, GL.

30 miles, 4500ft vert and 82 feckin degrees freedum in March...Hungry now.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just heard my dumbass workmate tell a customer "skiing snow king is better than skiing Teton Village, because they get sun, like, 24-7 out there..."

(Yes, this is the kid who just got a DUI and blew out his ACL in the same week)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Legs feel great after a late night trail session. Since getting the helmet lamp in conjunction with the bar lamp, night riding is more fun!

Currently digesting some MIL elk/beefalo meatloaf. Yummy

@canadmos how many miles do you have on the drop bar skinny tire thingy?
Not many, around 70 or so. It keeps friggin' snowing.