Quantcast

+×÷=Saturday GMT =÷×+

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Did three miles with Haley amd Wifey today. Only a few crashes and she started getting mad when I tried to help her get started when we were pointing uphill. She's getting this and getting it very well.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Laid down around 2 while the kid was napping. Figured I'd catch about an hour before the kid was up. Wife didn't wake me when my son got up, slept until 5:15 or so. Oops.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Went riding, managed 19.5 miles of roadie trails, everything interesting is still too wet to ride, amazing how much water seeps out of the prairie into the river. 20 MPH tail wind on the way out, 20 MPH headwind on the way back. Still beats ovens in air planes. :) ALSO: an amazing 750 vertical feet +/- according to the Garmin watch. Also averaged a blistering 8MPH. KNAR.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm having an excellent day, thankyouverymuch. Had a great ride on a fun trail with some awesome people this morning, had beers and nachos at a great brewpub afterwards, picked up my MacBook Pro with a brand new OS install and some other upgrades from the repair shop, just installated some MOAR FASTERER RAM into said MacBook Pro afterwards, drinking a Hercules Double IPA, eating some chickens vindaloo, and about to pedal the roadie towards downtown to see some prewar blues at an awesome bar.

Probably a lap of Apex, MW, RR, GM, Chimney. Haven't investigated the technical delights of GM so figured it's about time. On call so can't head too far.
No Dakota? And you mapped this? Why?

@Nick discovered GM is crap. Wife will only do it again on her rigid bike.
Or at night. It's fun at night. In the daytime when there's plenty of other dirt to ride? Not so fun. But it also connects things, sorta, so there's that. Strong work on the ride, even though you had to map it.

Just heard my dumbass workmate tell a customer "skiing snow king is better than skiing Teton Village, because they get sun, like, 24-7 out there..."

(Yes, this is the kid who just got a DUI and blew out his ACL in the same week)
Kill list.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
showed up at 8:30 in light drizzle with a camelback full of imperial stout. 3-4 friends prepared in a similar fashion. 300 or so riders rode all over town, some stopping at various points for stage races. we pre-rode the race sections and then heckled the hell out of the actual racers. also rode through all mud puddles, etc, hucked off of everything in sight, skidded around as many corners as possible, and generally terrorized everyone else. it was muddy and sloppy as hell. many of the participants had no idea what they'd gotten into. people were tackled. people were wrecked. blood was drawn. one of my buddies rocked a full face. i wore a hawaiian shirt the whole time and wore my helmet backwards for added aero styling.
stoutlebak:

pre-race shenanigans

dude with the fullface got rejected

i, on the other hand, clearly won:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Pushed slush around at Winter Park. Shit's wayyy too warm there. While skiing in a t-shirt is fun, the snow quality was not and there's even dirt showing now here and there! I'm done for the season barring 12"+ more snow there before one of the days I'm free in April.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
showed up at 8:30 in light drizzle with a camelback full of imperial stout. 3-4 friends prepared in a similar fashion. 300 or so riders rode all over town, some stopping at various points for stage races. we pre-rode the race sections and then heckled the hell out of the actual racers. also rode through all mud puddles, etc, hucked off of everything in sight, skidded around as many corners as possible, and generally terrorized everyone else. it was muddy and sloppy as hell. many of the participants had no idea what they'd gotten into. people were tackled. people were wrecked. blood was drawn. one of my buddies rocked a full face. i wore a hawaiian shirt the whole time and wore my helmet backwards for added aero styling.
stoutlebak:

pre-race shenanigans

dude with the fullface got rejected

i, on the other hand, clearly won:
On an uzzi? That's some skilz

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I was a guest Chef today. Did the whole menu. Made all the drinks. It was fun. Commercial equipment is the bomb. High temp salamander and oven pans. Cooking with gobs of butter. Sharp knives. A talented Sous Chef. Making plates dirty and not worrying about a thing. A fucking Kitchenaid mixer mounted to a stainless table. Escargot in a fucking actual cooler. All the ingredients to make Cevichi in the cooler. Lemons in the cooler like I store potatoes or onions.... A jar of Saffron. A tin of Madras Curry. Actual Romanian Smoked Paprika or some shit. Tubs of Ghee. I did well. Ithaca is a nice place.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No Dakota? And you mapped this? Why?
Wife likes an idea of mileage and climbing before I take her on death marches, plus we'd never set wheels on GM.

She's coming around to the idea of trying Dakota again after a bad first ride there, she liked the section of South Dakota we hit today.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
...a camelback full of imperial stout....
Go on...

Pushed slush around at Winter Park. Shit's wayyy too warm there. While skiing in a t-shirt is fun, the snow quality was not and there's even dirt showing now here and there! I'm done for the season barring 12"+ more snow there before one of the days I'm free in April.
I firmly believe we'll have MOAR winter before it's over.

Wife likes an idea of mileage and climbing before I take her on death marches, plus we'd never set wheels on GM.

She's coming around to the idea of trying Dakota again after a bad first ride there, she liked the section of South Dakota we hit today.
Fair. You have to manage expectations. GM is teh suck, except at night. Pretty fun at night.