Quantcast

× Wednesday MT ×

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That happened to me once. We were riding ... starvation creek? And a left turn just barely gave under my tires. I was sure i was done for but got thru the turn fine.

Then @Adventurous followed 5 seconds behind me, blew right through the turn and tumbled straight down the hillside.:D
I watched that thin slice of real estate, a sliver of land I needed to rail that turn, washed away before my very eyes.

Thanks @Nick. Some friend you are.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Oh damn thats cool! My grandma lived in Annville for a couple years. The wife and I always say how cute that town is. Even the college is like perfectly set in the town. Plus you have Rotunda Brewing which is pretty sweet. So what do you do for Troegs? We accessed the trail just north of Lebanon and hiked East. This is where we parked:
That's a nice hike too. Not too far from the swimming hole I mentioned. I've done a bit of everything at Troegs. I started in packaging in 2008. I currently manage the brewing team and am also a member of the recipe-development team.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
That's a nice hike too. Not too far from the swimming hole I mentioned. I've done a bit of everything at Troegs. I started in packaging in 2008. I currently manage the brewing team and am also a member of the recipe-development team.
Damn bro, that’s a pretty serious part of Troegs. Well the next time we’re down we’ll swing by and say hi, we love the beer and the food is killer.
I generally see the hike you’re talking about. I’ll ask you for details when we’re down that way. Where do you usually Mtn bike in the area?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Damn bro, that’s a pretty serious part of Troegs. Well the next time we’re down we’ll swing by and say hi, we love the beer and the food is killer.
I generally see the hike you’re talking about. I’ll ask you for details when we’re down that way. Where do you usually Mtn bike in the area?
I'm at Mt Gretna a lot, since it's only a couple of miles from my house. Swatara State Park and Hershey Medical Center trails get mixed in too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm at Mt Gretna a lot, since it's only a couple of miles from my house. Swatara State Park and Hershey Medical Center trails get mixed in too.
Ahhh Mt Gretna and Swatara were 2 places I saw that looked like they worth visiting. I'll have to bring my bike next time. There are trails at Hershey Medical? Crazy! Long story but a few years back my daughter got sick while we were on Spring Break visiting the area and she ended up Hershey Medical for 4 days. I've often said if my children were ever seriously sick I would drive to go there.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Ahhh Mt Gretna and Swatara were 2 places I saw that looked like they worth visiting. I'll have to bring my bike next time. There are trails at Hershey Medical? Crazy! Long story but a few years back my daughter got sick while we were on Spring Break visiting the area and she ended up Hershey Medical for 4 days. I've often said if my children were ever seriously sick I would drive to go there.
A couple of years ago the local mtb club pitched multi-use trails to the Med Center as a wellness option for their employees. Penn State University liked the idea and now we have 10 miles in the woods behind the hospital.

I really like Gretna; something about rocky trails that I really enjoy. Governor Dick is the only part that's official and mapped, but there is some really fun stuff in other areas around the town too. Just pay attention to the trail markers, some trails are off limits to bikes and they've been cracking down on illegal use lately. There are a couple of trailhead options, but I tend to park near The Hideaway so that I can finish my ride on their patio with a beer.

Swatara used to be some of the easiest trails in the area, but they are pretty rooty anymore. All the rain this spring didn't help. Still worth the trip.

Give me a yell next time.