Quantcast

Əə predirF əƏ

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
the meth levels in this house are up to 20X passable levels, and the interior is mostly wood. This is a full strip to the studs and replace all ductwork level project.

Frig. Such a nice property too.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
392486D6-77A6-4BD7-BCA6-120C754FA67D.jpeg

Photo is from November, but I “rode” Dakota Ridge today. I rode this pictured line (the proper line down the rock ridge, behind the bike from this perspective).

I certainly don’t clean every section on DR consistently but nothing there really scared me save for this bit, so it’s nice to get that out of the way.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
View attachment 140347

Photo is from November, but I “rode” Dakota Ridge today. I rode this pictured line (the proper line down the rock ridge, behind the bike from this perspective).

I certainly don’t clean every section on DR consistently but nothing there really scared me save for this bit, so it’s nice to get that out of the way.
Can you Trust that fork?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
View attachment 140347

Your bike appears to be a bit overweight in the down-tube area. Or is that the lighting ?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
the meth levels in this house are up to 20X passable levels, and the interior is mostly wood. This is a full strip to the studs and replace all ductwork level project.

Frig. Such a nice property too.
Turns out my house, 2 owners ago, was a drug house; some good stories from the neighbors about the bust. Part of why it was a full renovation before we got it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Someone with potential snake flu in Lakewood. Could all you Kansas dwellers stay out of the mountains please.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
What did you find out about clean up?
Location and lot are prime for me.
Remediation quotes from $30-$50k, which is just gutting and haul/ disposal, All drywall, flooring, all HVAC duct work, pretty much stripped to the studs.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Sounds like a fun project.
At that point, wouldn’t it be cheaper to “scrape”? $20k to remove the house.

Find a “prefab” house and fill it with IKEA.

Sweet lot, sweet house.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Sounds like a fun project.
At that point, wouldn’t it be cheaper to “scrape”? $20k to remove the house.

Find a “prefab” house and fill it with IKEA.

Sweet lot, sweet house.
Fire departments will sometimes use these to train and then haul away debris in return.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Oh so close
Making the right turn from 580 onto Hopyard in Pleasanton, we had a green light. BMW on my left turning left. Audi TT doing 50 mph northbound on Hopyard blew the red light slammed the BMW spinning it toward me. I slammed my brakes. The Audi hit the center concrete median went into the air spraying parts and spun back towards me. Missed me by 3 feet. Neither driver was hurt. Airbags and seatbelts plus crumple zones did the job. I still can't believe I didn't get hit.

in addition: the Audi Driver is claiming that the BMW ran the red. He doesn't yet know that I gave testimony that he ran it to the 911 operator and it was recorded and they have all my info. The BMW driver and CHP know it too. he is screwed. I will testify if it goes to court.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I’m glad you weren’t hurt or hit, Eric.
No shit me too. It was weird watching it happen and not thinking about what to do. I have gone over so many training scenarios over the years that I just reacted. In my mind I was thinking: just don't get collected into the accident by the Audi. the only option I had was turning right and braking hard. It worked.