Quantcast

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Money Monday @ GMT [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Who runs bartertown?

just about wrapped up with the house, swapped out 13 outlets, 4 switches, added 5 outlets, 4 fixtures, added a 60amp circuit in the garage, lots of replacement drywall, tape texture and paint, tinted some windows and refinished exterior beams. Chefs kiss for curb appeal.

uhaul is still going nowhere in the driveway due to road conditions so realized I have time to swap out a utility sink in the garage so will be spending the dough on the Propex tools since I will need them several more times.

In other news,

I’ve reached my third level of rewards with my Home Depot pro desk account.

have a seat on the couch and tell me how you slept, your local temps and what ya got planned for the day.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Berthoud pass still closed. Going to drive up to Kremmling then through the tunnel instead. Will add an hour but I do have work to do, eventually.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Berthoud pass still closed. Going to drive up to Kremmling then through the tunnel instead. Will add an hour but I do have work to do, eventually.
They keep closing/re-opening I-70 from Silverthorne up to the tunnel :p

edit: I say more speed, pull up and go for it over Corona Pass.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Lounging on the couch in front of the e-fire, sipping on coffee.

I shall work yes, but certainly am in no rush to do so. I've got some thinking to do first.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
-2*, feels like -23*. Wifey is having oral surgery, so I need to get MIL shortly so that she can watch the girls. After that, might go to the pool with the girls. Haley will use swimming as her cardio training instead of running, so we will do laps for a bit, then it's off to play with Hannah.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Caffeine with DSO. Walking her after said caffeine does its work. Dropping her @ the groomer later. Will sneak in a ride. Do some laundry. Work tonight. 19F ATM.

20240115_085841.jpg

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Day off from work. Weird that we are not experience the brutal cold weather that so many others are. Still cold...currently 17 degrees. Anyway, I slept late, ran 5 miles, then sat in the hot tub for 30 minutes. Up next will be a dog walk then a bike workout. Exciting day!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Didn't sleep much but did sleep soundly. cold is still kicking my ass, but I have shit to do1 Laundry going, doing some score work and listening to some other options for my 2 bands. Heading to proctor a basketball game later before groceries are picked up. It's rather cold today, but nothing like out west.
For reference - my 2 foot step into my hot tub was invigorating...if it was a 20 foot walk, I probably would have bailed.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Currently 19 freedoms and sunny. Took Lil Man to a Blazer game last night. There was maybe 1/3 full. Usher moved us up so the boy could see. We left with 4 minutes left, but my brilliant wife took us out the back door and by the time we made it around, the game was over and everyone was leaving.

I did manage to park near the exit of the garage, so we still got our ok in the end.

It's meeting Monday and I'm WFH. So y'all know where to find me. :drag:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Went to a local Les Schwab to buy a set of chains for the new thuper doodie since I have some “advanced” traveling to do soon and the tool behind the counter argued with me over my tire size and compatibility, to the point they were impossible to deal with, had to go to another store but not before calling the HQ in Prineville and talking to my peeps at the top of the food chain, they said he is already on review for similar behaviors but my report was enough for them to change management. I guess it’s been time for that store for a while.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Supposed to snow…
God speed my friend.

A look back at the day we froze our bojangles off at the top of the parkway. And somehow ended up Candler, as we didn't realize the road was closed.

Judging by the number of cars rammed into the rocks on the side of 276, I was the only one in town with snow tires. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Between which two dots is the toshi mobile?
Going south from Tabernash the road over Berthoud Pass is closed from avalanche yesterday, so he was going to go the long way with my expert pink line. But the interstate that goes east from Silverthorne and passes through a tunnel under the continental divide has been closed all day too. So hopefully he's just sitting at his mountain house safely.
1705351006377.png

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Going south from Tabernash the road over Berthoud Pass is closed from avalanche yesterday, so he was going to go the long way with my expert pink line. But the interstate that goes east from Silverthorne and passes through a tunnel under the continental divide has been closed all day too. So hopefully he's just sitting at his mountain house safely.
View attachment 206396
Was just on the phone telling the powers that be why a road trip to Grand Junction isn't feasible right now. I mean, I guess we could, if we go over Wolf Creek and circle back around through Four Corners and Moab. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was just on the phone telling the powers that be why a road trip to Grand Junction isn't feasible right now. I mean, I guess we could, if we go over Wolf Creek and circle back around through Four Corners and Moab. :rofl:
I'm sure Wolf Creek Pass is completely fine.

In a snow cat.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I just whipped up the googles and was looking at the traffic.

Mt Evans is called Mt Blue Sky now? :confused:
Yes, renamed a few months ago. Formly named after a state governor who oversaw a massacre of natives.

Now it's a tribal related name.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Still no snow. But everything is shut down just in case.
When I was a kid living in PA in the 80s I had to stand on top of two feet of snow waiting for the school bus. The straps on my backpack would freeze. Now, living in NC, if it might snow in the mountains then everything in the flats has to be canceled.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm sure Wolf Creek Pass is completely fine.

In a snow cat.
/jeremy renner intensifies.gif

I managed to make it to Silverthorne and am warming up at a friend’s house. But I’m stuck here now as conditions are really quite bad to the point that 9 to 285 isn’t feasible, and all other routes are closed.

A taste

IMG_0323.jpeg

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
God speed my friend.

A look back at the day we froze our bojangles off at the top of the parkway. And somehow ended up Candler, as we didn't realize the road was closed.

Judging by the number of cars rammed into the rocks on the side of 276, I was the only one in town with snow tires. :rofl:
Us southerners don’t know what snow tires are.:rofl:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Near as I can tell it's literally the only pass over the mountains that's open right now. It does however, look like total dog shit.
Aren't you working for an airline? Don't you need to go to fix a plane? If yes, I would assume there are airports on both ends, no? So may I suggest the obvious: take a plane. :homer: