Quantcast

શુક્રવાર Friderp શુક્રવાર

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Also......

It would seem that my payment plan I put in place five months ago had paid down my debt faster than expected, did a consolidation loan the other day to put it all in one payment....... now I have three grand left over........

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
"Have an exciting career in signs and graphics" they said. Little did I know that would entail so much rolling around on the floors of all kinds of places you wouldn't even normally walk without shoes on. I spent my morning installing graphics on stair risers at a local college....6 sets of stairs, and my knees now feel like a Ukrainian whore on New Years Day.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It's not ice on Telsa's you have to worry about. Its when they spontaneously combust.
Better or worse than Ford?

:rofl:

Here we go, leaving Bend now for our full time RV mountain biking, hiking, paddling trip. First stop.....Death Valley. Woot woot. All these years of planning!
Love Death Valley... so cool. Great time to visit, too.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
"Have an exciting career in signs and graphics" they said. Little did I know that would entail so much rolling around on the floors of all kinds of places you wouldn't even normally walk without shoes on. I spent my morning installing graphics on stair risers at a local college....6 sets of stairs, and my knees now feel like a Ukrainian whore on New Years Day.
well rested and fresh as a daisy?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
<snip>
Speaking of the cold ..... why the eff is it still positive temps here? Who did the voodoo to steal Montana weather?
Dude - it hasn't been *really* cold in Montana for 25 years. :disgust1:

<snip>
It would seem that my payment plan I put in place five months ago had paid down my debt faster than expected, did a consolidation loan the other day to put it all in one payment....... now I have three grand left over........
:think: How the fuck does this happen? You had no idea what the debt balance was before you set up the "consolidation loan"? :confused:

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Speaking of the cold ..... why the eff is it still positive temps here? Who did the voodoo to steal Montana weather?
I think it has to do with all the Californians moving there. The hot headedness is warming it.
Better or worse than Ford?

:rofl:
Severity, worse. Not sure about their new models, but in 2011 IIRC, T got a patent for their fuel cells that would reduce the risk of fire spreading to other cells, but still failed to use it even in 2014. One kid got into an accident at over 100Mph after speed limiter was removed for some reason and the fire engulfed the car within seconds. There was another that caught fire after it got a flat tire, and recombusted at the tow lot. Anther randomly caught fire for an unknown reason. I believe they were all Model S's. :panic:

Number of combust is likely on par.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Severity, worse. Not sure about their new models, but in 2011 IIRC, T got a patent for their fuel cells that would reduce the risk of fire spreading to other cells, but still failed to use it even in 2014. One kid got into an accident at over 100Mph after speed limiter was removed for some reason and the fire engulfed the car within seconds. There was another that caught fire after it got a flat tire, and recombusted at the tow lot. Anther randomly caught fire for an unknown reason. I believe they were all Model S's. :panic:
having a patent for something doesn't necessarily mean it can be manufactured at a commercial scale.

Number of combust is likely on par.
not really. https://money.cnn.com/2018/05/17/news/companies/electric-car-fire-risk/index.html

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
having a patent for something doesn't necessarily mean it can be manufactured at a commercial scale.

not really. https://money.cnn.com/2018/05/17/news/companies/electric-car-fire-risk/index.html
I said likely, never did the research. Haha.
To be fair, there a lot more gas cars than Electric. And their research doesn't seem to pool all the other E-cars like they pooled all gas cars. Not a fair comparison. 300,000 Tesla's are less likely to get into an accident than gas cars since are say 300,000M gas cars. Same odds, but less chances.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
8" of snow so far, shoveled the driveway, plowed the hood, then had to shovel the driveway again.

Looks like tomorrow will have to be snowshoeing not biking.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I said likely, never did the research. Haha.
To be fair, their are a lot more gas cars than Electric. And their research doesn't seem to pool all the other E-cars like they pooled all gas cars. Not a fair comparison. 300,000 Tesla's are less likely to get into an accident than gas cars since are say 300,000M gas cars. Same odds, but less chances.
statistics. population vs sample.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
such a shitty thing to have happen to such a pretty car. how you liking it so far? Do you still have the Pacifica?
I’m finally used to it. Very quirky car what with the spartan interior. Given my various hangups* it’s pretty damn well suited for me.

* things I like:

- good visibility
- peace and quiet
- zoom zoom-ability
- AWD
- 2” hitch
- headroom for my oddly proportioned self
- different but not ostentatious
- green
- clean dashboard layout
- perception that it’s a good deal

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
8" of snow so far, shoveled the driveway, plowed the hood, then had to shovel the driveway again.

Looks like tomorrow will have to be snowshoeing not biking.
darn. maaaaybe 2" of wet snow down here.

(6th lives about 1,600' above me and a few miles south as the crows fly)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I’m finally used to it. Very quirky car what with the spartan interior. Given my various hangups* it’s pretty damn well suited for me.

* things I like:

- good visibility
- peace and quiet
- zoom zoom-ability
- AWD
- 2” hitch
- headroom for my oddly proportioned self
- different but not ostentatious
- green
- clean dashboard layout
- perception that it’s a good deal
:clapping::rofl:

Mornin!

Made it up to VT last night, in spite of the cold and snowy roads. Of course the air bed I borrowed from my parents was missing the cap and we had to crash on couches instead. My back is letting me know it too.

Time to go plug in the truck. It’ll be happier with me when we go out for the day.
Where in Vermont?

I took one run at Bolton in VT when it was 30 below. Fucking brutal.
I don’t go out under zero, or under 8” of fresh now.
Rode all day a couple times at 30 below, Stowe and up Quebec way. It can be done.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Dude - it hasn't been *really* cold in Montana for 25 years. :disgust1:

:think: How the fuck does this happen? You had no idea what the debt balance was before you set up the "consolidation loan"? :confused:
So, to the first part. True.... but even over the five years I have been here.....this winter is quite warm. I haven't had to truly shovel my driveway at all yet. I mean November last year I was in the back yard building snow ramps for the boy to sled on, right now i could probably still run the mower.

For the second, about six months the ago, the wife and I sat down and make an attack plan to rid us of all the small debt, little 25 dollar a month stuff, doctor stuff, etc. We set them up in order, started with one at 400 a month till done and minimums on all the rest. Once one was done, move to the next. The stuff with minimums ended up payed down lower than I had expected. I didn't take the time to call every location for exact numbers.

Its perfect though, everything is in one payment now, will be 600 towards consolidation a month, with a monthly minimum of 190.

Feels nice to see the end for debt, even better that we are able to even do this.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
So, to the first part. True.... but even over the five years I have been here.....this winter is quite warm. I haven't had to truly shovel my driveway at all yet. I mean November last year I was in the back yard building snow ramps for the boy to sled on, right now i could probably still run the mower.

For the second, about six months the ago, the wife and I sat down and make an attack plan to rid us of all the small debt, little 25 dollar a month stuff, doctor stuff, etc. We set them up in order, started with one at 400 a month till done and minimums on all the rest. Once one was done, move to the next. The stuff with minimums ended up payed down lower than I had expected. I didn't take the time to call every location for exact numbers.

Its perfect though, everything is in one payment now, will be 600 towards consolidation a month, with a monthly minimum of 190.

Feels nice to see the end for debt, even better that we are able to even do this.
Good on ya. Debt sucks.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wow. How does that happen with only 200+ reviews???

The tacos are amazing. Like, amazing. No gringo tacos. Delicious. 11/10. (proper tequila selection also.)
Food get together sometime soon?