Quantcast

——//////ThrustingHumpDay

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The whole concept of credit score sucks when you arrive an as immigrant in this country and to get even basic utilities or rent an apartment, you have to magically produce an OK one. Those days...
Agreed. Took me a while to get just a credit card with a massive $750 limit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You know when you watch a company shoot itself in the foot in an effort to retain business?

Four years ago I switched off Quicken to a small company called Count About for minding our day-day finances, budgeting, etc. It was a really good interface that's easy to use and the app is really simple, in a good way. I've been having issues the last 6 months or so with keeping connectivity with my accounts to their platform. I've had similar issues with the same accounts on my Personal Capital account, so I know it's a broader issue.

Just for kicks, I decided to try Quicken again to see if I like it. The thing is, I have 4 years of data to carry over working as an anchor. So I need to be able to move that data for historical analysis. The last time I did this move, my categorizing got fucked, so I spent days getting things cleared up. I decided that I would never spend that time again, so if I couldn't keep my existing categories, I wasn't going to make a change like that. This morning I went to pull me data and Count About has changed their policies to only allow for .csv downloads. The thing is, Quicken can't accept that file type. So for me to even see if I can transfer that data cleanly, I need to spent $50 to buy a program. CA is a relatively raw program in that you have to build your own reports. So someone that is going to use it is very likely already a relatively analytical type of person - the type of person who would go through the effort to convert the file. And the kind of person who tracks their spending in Quicken or the like, having decided to make a notable financial investment to do this type of data conversion, aren't going to stay.

Because it's a small company, it expands largely by word of mouth. This action is one that is just going to piss people off, not helping that in the slightest. All because they wouldn't give me access to my data in an easy to use format, I'm walking away and saying "hey, maybe stick with YNAB and Quicken". I would guess nobody else here is going to go into the app accordingly. And to add insult to injury? They accept Quicken data files when you start.
/Rant

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Had to do one little upgrade before they go on the bike.

FB34E701-ED84-4D8D-9A44-CC3A5107B1B3.jpeg

I have my own scales in the workshop but, couldn’t wait. Don’t tell my wife.:panic:

197F007A-491A-433A-B418-763562DD54A6.jpeg

569EE903-458F-4137-874E-5CE58FB1F7FE.jpeg

Yeah baby!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Oh and I forgot (from last week); 1 sachet of Muc-Off after ~7 months ish. That thicker bit is actually still flowing down. It’s good stuff I recon.
7E2F5AA1-FA10-44FB-BD8A-95D305833864.jpeg

Edit: So I just checked. I changed it last when I put my foot through the spokes on a ride at Mākara. Pretty sure that was a few months before Xmas.
/checks on Strava
Nope it was Dec 2020. Fucking Old Man Brain. So that’s 2 1/4 year old slime. Super impressive. And embarrassing I haven’t changed it since.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I-70 should be closed. Horrid visibility. Multiple jackknifed trucks and stuck cars, with a cluster of at least a dozen at Floyd Hill. EB Floyd Hill totally blocked and closed due to the same. Total shitshow out there!

I made it past the wrecking yard and am taking a breather in Empire. Visibility is better here, thank tech FSM.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Tomorrow will be fun, I get to see if our apprentice quits as he says he will or he gets fired first.
That'll be four from four that haven't completed their time, hahaha!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
What's the duration of the apprenticeship?
Four years but Covid has messed things around.
I talked to one of the previous apprentice's dads and said that his son needs to quit.
But our workplace is much better since then, the boss's son quit and the place got a lot better.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
@HardtailHack what do you do for a living again ? I forget.
[/QUOTE]
Qualified as a truck mech partly because the gov was giving out good incentives when I did my apprenticeship, I was an adult apprentice so my wage was topped up by the gov and everyone at the time got ~$700 a year as a tool allowance.

I work on light plant stuff now, I'm paranoid about driving trucks on the road, hahaha!