Quantcast

•○●weds gfmt●○•

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Don't put it on the deck. It's fucking uninhabitable when it warms up outside. I'm going to have to put a fucking pergola on to keep it shaded and habitable.
We have it as decking. Installed in 2013. ZERO maintenance since installation. Sure it gets hot - we just make sure we aren't running around on it barefoot.

I'd suggest a pergola anyways, with some hops growing up over it, 'cause that shit's cool.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We have it as decking. Installed in 2013. ZERO maintenance since installation. Sure it gets hot - we just make sure we aren't running around on it barefoot.

I'd suggest a pergola anyways, with some hops growing up over it, 'cause that shit's cool.
You haven't been to our land of scorched earth... It's barren back there. I can't keep anything alive, despite trying. The native, low water garden I planted 2 weekends ago is already taking off. That's how fucking inhospitable it is - the desert/high plains plants are taking off like weeds.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
You haven't been to our land of scorched earth... It's barren back there. I can't keep anything alive, despite trying. The native, low water garden I planted 2 weekends ago is already taking off. That's how fucking inhospitable it is - the desert/high plains plants are taking off like weeds.
I live in that land of scorched earth. We get full afternoon sun on our deck. I, too, have considered adding a pergola to make it more afternoon habitable.

I'd still recommend the fake decking if you have zero interest in deck maintenance, though. Pick a lighter color. :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I live in that land of scorched earth. We get full afternoon sun on our deck. I, too, have considered adding a pergola to make it more afternoon habitable.

I'd still recommend the fake decking if you have zero interest in deck maintenance, though. Pick a lighter color. :D
Afternoon? Hahaha. Our sun starts at 10am and doesn't stop until sundown. The panels on the back and south side of the house are defined as 0% impeded. I've been to your hood. You have trees. We just have death of anything not native. And even that's questionable.

But yes, pergola is on the list of things. But way down there. Because they're expensive.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Afternoon? Hahaha. Our sun starts at 10am and doesn't stop until sundown. The panels on the back and south side of the house are defined as 0% impeded. I've been to your hood. You have trees. We just have death of anything not native. And even that's questionable.

But yes, pergola is on the list of things. But way down there. Because they're expensive.
We put up a motorized awning. It has been surprisingly useful. Is your deck on the south side of the house? :fie::fie:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stoney needs a new deck :popcorn:
My $35k from when me moved in tell me otherwise. I might remount the decking using the hidden clips at some point) vs screws, as they keep popping out due to heat expansion. But this fucker will be here when the grandkids show up.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Neighbors are putting in mahogany decking for this reason. Well, that and apparently it's cheaper than Trex.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well... I just got chastised for swearing. Apparently this new team I'm on has people that are offended by swearing. I wasn't even aware that I was swearing. This will be... challenging.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
list "swears like a sailor" under skills in your resume/CV. fight the system.
That was a given at Institutional level. I just told a buddy who still works at BBG and he just started laughing his ass off.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I used to be fairly skillful at turning it on or off according to audience, not sure that I can really still do that.
I'm pretty good with clients. PD being the exception, because they're generally worse than me. Internally it's hard, as I tend to be more relaxed.