Quantcast

~•~Hmph Day~•~

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Another long day of teaching too many classes at school. I can't believe how many people are out and we have no subs! Anyway, kids of off to gymnastics, SqEarl's at the dentist and I am having some tea and getting in the hot tub.

Rando thought - the other day I was sitting in traffic next to a transport truck and could read the torque specs on the trailer wheel's lugs. 600ft/lbs. Jeebus, had no idea it was so high.

And yet they still come off...

Also I really need to take two minutes out of my day and order some winter tires.
After I removed the lug bolts I needed an eight pound sledge hammer to dislodge the wheels. I'm glad that I never had to deal with a flat tire in the last 18,000 miles.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I know most folks are anti-facebook, but this is a BNIB turner six-pack...daaaang
Still one of the best bikes made. I'd happily buy one again if they were released with modern geometry and parts compatibility.

After I removed the lug bolts I needed an eight pound sledge hammer to dislodge the wheels. I'm glad that I never had to deal with a flat tire in the last 18,000 miles.
I've had good luck slathering anti-seize on the hub wherever the wheel makes contact. Never needed anything more than a good kick to free them.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Girlfriend has this problem with her Tacoma. The aluminum wheels weld themselves on there something good. She had a flat in our driveway a few weeks ago and I thought no biggie, I put anti seize on the interface back in april, so should be good. Nope, duped again. Called the CAA guy and he had to go to town on it, to get it off.

One trick that a tire shop mentioned once, is if you're wheel is stuck, sometimes taking the spare or whatever and rolling it full tilt into the stuck wheel can help knock it off.

Need to start taking a wire wheel to them like @gonefirefightin does.

Meanwhile I drove around my shitbox with the winter wheels for like 3 years without a change and those took barely a kick a to fall right off, when I finally swapped them out. :busted:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
It's a PITA for sure. I decided early on that winter approved AT tires would suffice for the winter use I make of the van.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Girlfriend has this problem with her Tacoma. The aluminum wheels weld themselves on there something good. She had a flat in our driveway a few weeks ago and I thought no biggie, I put anti seize on the interface back in april, so should be good. Nope, duped again. Called the CAA guy and he had to go to town on it, to get it off.

One trick that a tire shop mentioned once, is if you're wheel is stuck, sometimes taking the spare or whatever and rolling it full tilt into the stuck wheel can help knock it off.

Meanwhile I drove around my shitbox with the winter wheels for like 3 years without a change and those took barely a kick a to fall right off, when I finally swapped them out. :busted:
The best way to get a stuck wheel off the rotor or drum is to loosen the lug nuts and back them off one thread (one turn) from tight, while the tire is on the ground run your steering lock to lock a time or two. The lug nuts will keep the wheel on tight enough to not damage the studs/wheel but will still break the wheel loose. If it's on the rear a slight roll and stab on the brakes will do the job.

follow me for more recipes

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I used to use that technique (sort of) with seized cranks on spindles, or if the crank threads were buggered…loosen the crank bolts, and do a few acid drops off of a loading dock.
Blammo, cranks came off.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Every year when I change over to snow wheels, I clean both surfaces and anti-seize them good. normally the wheels comes off easily, or needs a light tap with a mallet, at worst.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
It's on sale. :brows:
Didn't a COUNTRY covert their investments into btc? el Salvador?

Yea, how's that working out?

Edit. And others.

Ukraine primed to cash in if it ever recovers.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I posted this in the NFT thread a couple days ago, but with all your chatter I'm just going to throw it here again:
FhBFYjjVQAA7YOo.jpg