- food expensive but awesome, as usual
- holy shit this KCBC IPA knocked my socks off

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
@mandown ....for your consideration

Ooh. I’ll spin that shortly.

My buddy and I decided we wanted to watch some classic horror that inspired Misfits songs. We ended up watching Astro Zombies. What a mess of a film. I can’t imagine Glenn & Jerry watching it and getting inspired to put pen to paper. I think some of those old horror films were just about getting 90 minutes of content on a screen.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ooh. I’ll spin that shortly.

My buddy and I decided we wanted to watch some classic horror that inspired Misfits songs. We ended up watching Astro Zombies. What a mess of a film. I can’t imagine Glenn & Jerry watching it and getting inspired to put pen to paper. I think some of those old horror films were just about getting 90 minutes of content on a screen.
i've definitely seen some old movies where i recall thinking "da fuq did i just watch? da fuq did this get approved and released?"

also glenn and jerry were from NJ. that right there says a lot.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well, the dishwasher guy came out and gave us the bad news - circulation pump/inline heater unit crapped out. Repair by them approaching the cost of a new dishwasher (of course).

So guess who is buying the pump/heater online and spending the weekend with appliance fuckery? This guy. FTMFL.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Well, the dishwasher guy came out and gave us the bad news - circulation pump/inline heater unit crapped out. Repair by them approaching the cost of a new dishwasher (of course).

So guess who is buying the pump/heater online and spending the weekend with appliance fuckery? This guy. FTMFL.
You will wear the skinsuit. You will love the skinsuit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Repairclinic.com cheap for oem and super helpful for install instructions. Highly recommend. Used them for multiple appliances I've done.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Pfft......
Watch it, you smug motherfucker. :mad:

Today marks the end of the outside of the house. I caulked all day.
Nice caulk!

Repairclinic.com cheap for oem and super helpful for install instructions. Highly recommend. Used them for multiple appliances I've done.
I believe this repair will be reasonably straightforward... I just don't look forward to the removal/reinstallation fuckery, and the inevitable leaks that I'll need to deal with post-repair. :rant:

ETA: If I'm lucky, the shutoff valve for the dishwasher will either not work at all or leak like a motherfucker around the handle after I'm done.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Good, cause I hear those things are spendy to repair and only getting more expensive.
Ya, it’s good and bad for that old one. At some point it’s going to break and it will not be even remotely cost effective to repair it. But until then, send it.
A new John Deere X9-1100(biggest bastard they make) is $800,000 give or take a few thousand.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i want to say my older brother got about 20 years out of a drier....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Got the chance to demo a few Cannondale and GT Bikes. Scalpel was cool (really fast bike). So was the Fury. I like Shimano XT drivetrains. The Yamaha Ebike was cool too. Bottle rocketed and had to driven back to my car. I pulled over and rode my bike home to be safe. Pushing the Fury back up the hills did me in.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ya, it’s good and bad for that old one. At some point it’s going to break and it will not be even remotely cost effective to repair it. But until then, send it.
A new John Deere X9-1100(biggest bastard they make) is $800,000 give or take a few thousand.
Isn't there some massive farm equipment salvage yard in Western PA that has acres upon acres of stuff for old machines?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
What a shit sleep, I had a dream that my new frame was finished but was a hardtail mullet with a 20" rear wheel and it looked like it had been painted by a crackie with two rattle cans.
Then I had the same dream again.

It is a slow day, I am not feeling intelligents.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i want to say my older brother got about 20 years out of a drier....
We're at 11yrs on the washer and dryer. I've replaced a heating element once, and tensioner and belt twice (new stuff on counter) in that time line. Washer needs a new tub bearing. They work just fine, so we'll keep them going.