Quantcast

<|~•~|>X-Ray Wednesday<|~•~|>

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Oh Hai

Two in-person interviews this afternoon. I guess those are still a thing. . . I'm actually wearing a suit. . .

Cooking up burgers at the next county over's 4-H fair tonight for 5 hours. Usually a pretty good time actually

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey man! I got up early for a 2800 yard swim. It's an eight lane pool and six lanes were open, which was weird. The lifeguard let us start 10 minutes before the pool "officially" opens, so it was nice to bang out 20% of my workout before my workout was even supposed to start.

WFH this morning, then will head to the office this afternoon before a retirement party for one of my employees. I hate to lose this lady because she's that rare person that does everything, knows everything, knows everyone, and solves problems before you even know there was a problem.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Foot isn’t fractured nor do I have tendinitis. Lis Franc joint sprain is the official diagnosis. Doc said it should be better in a few weeks. And it’s okay to do some cross training so I don’t lose too much fitness. Light cycling is okay as long as it doesn’t irritate my foot. I’m down with a little dirt road riding.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Foot isn’t fractured nor do I have tendinitis. Lis Franc joint sprain is the official diagnosis. Doc said it should be better in a few weeks. And it’s okay to do some cross training so I don’t lose too much fitness. Light cycling is okay as long as it doesn’t irritate my foot. I’m down with a little dirt road riding.
you're joining some good company with that injury! That's what ultimately did Bryceland's racing career. Though he seems to be enjoying his non-racing life much more now...

edited to add: enjoy the dirt under your wheels! I'm 3.5 weeks off, and another 3 weeks away from riding again. can't wait!

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning!!! Yesterday was the Dr. day. Youngest has swimmer's ear and it hasn't gotten better with the OTC stuff so off to the dr. Oldest had her back xray and it's not broken, just muscular. My heel is not broken...just some scar tissue from muscle tears. Got that scraped and then injections to help with the healing/pain. PT exercises and ice massages are in my future followed by more scraping and taping to hopefully get things back to normal.
Camper is packed. Banana bread is baked. Bikes are being loaded. Trip west begins today. First stop WV then to KY, TN and west....should be epic.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Awake. I will not be going to the aquarium today. Instead some more breakfast, make them stop to get throat spray, and then work on finance stuff. Might do some DayQuil, but likely focus on sleep.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hallo ppls

a non-working day for me. well, until I moonlight tonight since that is the Way of July, or at least this one.

banged out a mostly generic but sufficient letter of recommendation for one of my PhD physicist colleagues going up for promotion. the rest of the day has me getting estimates for various potential house energy-related upgrades, and also dropping $6 on two Powerball tickets w/Powerplay since got to have my 2:292,000,000 chance at it.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Today is my Thursday, Fridays off FTW!

I shall consume a doughnut and then read a silly JPL paper. Bonus coffee may be a thing this afternoon

you're joining some good company with that injury! That's what ultimately did Bryceland's racing career. Though he seems to be enjoying his non-racing life much more now...
So we can all look forward to AMS living on a canal boat, getting weird haircuts and riding Cannondale e-bikes?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Decided to walk up two flights of stairs to get breakfast. That was not a good idea. Definitely not a good idea. They're pushing me to go to the aquarium, but I don't see how this would be good in any aspect or doable without DayQuil.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Today is my Thursday, Fridays off FTW!

I shall consume a doughnut and then read a silly JPL paper. Bonus coffee may be a thing this afternoon

So we can all look forward to AMS living on a canal boat, getting weird haircuts and riding Cannondale e-bikes?
Wait, whut ?

I had my pack sitting next to an outlet at an outdoor seating of a restaurant with my phone in the bag and it plugged into the outlet. Looked like I was charging my e-pack. Told a couple of hiking friends it was an e-pack.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
my dark inner voice was mocking me as I was hacking up a ton of thick mucous this morning. He kept asking if I would like some toast to go along with my lung butter? :disgust1:

espresso, oatmeal Paxlovid then I shall walk to the hammock and pass out for a few more hours

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Finally back on the bike after vacation. I was slow as expected.

Got an ultra sound scan of my left hip which has been bothering me. Doc just thought its muscle so that is good and I am already working with the physio.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Decided to walk up two flights of stairs to get breakfast. That was not a good idea. Definitely not a good idea. They're pushing me to go to the aquarium, but I don't see how this would be good in any aspect or doable without DayQuil.
Wait. Who in the fuck is pushing you to go out in public when you're sick? Tell 'em to fuck right off. :disgust1:

espresso, oatmeal Paxlovid then I shall walk to the hammock and pass out for a few more hours
They make oatmeal flavored Paxlovid? Sounds kinda gross, if I'm honest. :fie:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
you take a covid test?
and try brushing the inside of your cheek with the swab. before you put it in your nose unless you're down for that reverse mucus transfer grossness

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wait. Who in the fuck is pushing you to go out in public when you're sick? Tell 'em to fuck right off. :disgust1:

They make oatmeal flavored Paxlovid? Sounds kinda gross, if I'm honest. :fie:
Wifey. She's actually scared of driving the Jeep. Feels like she can't control it.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
DayQuil and an n35. Had it on for the drive down and I'm generally staying away from people. Very far from my preferred method of social interaction.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
There is a family wearing a collection of 'go merica' attire across the room from me. Should I go over sans mask and cough until I'm ready to pass out? :monkey: I mean, you can't get sick anymore, right?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
bored to death and feeling somewhat better so I decided to mow the back yard. It's 70 in the shade

Holy fuck did that wipe me out. I emptied the clipping bag twice and though I was going to overheat and pass out.

Drinking an N/A Corona and then going to nap in the hammock. Mowing the front yard can go fuck right off.