Quantcast

⇨⇨⇨♋︎♋︎♋︎ Turdsday ♋︎♋︎♋︎⇦⇦⇦

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
curious about the sulfur?
He built this giant closet and packs it with the trays of dried cots. He closes the doors and has a sulfur box at the base of the closet he uses to set the sulfur on fire. He then hotboxes the cots with sulfur smoke. Its wild how much this part of it controls the outcome of the cots. They maintain color and texture unlike un-sulfured cots. Theres no sulfur odor or taste. The drying racks are basically family heirlooms at this point. Over 100 years old and brought up to Yakima from Cali years ago.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
He built this giant closet and packs it with the trays of dried cots. He closes the doors and has a sulfur box at the base of the closet he uses to set the sulfur on fire. He then hotboxes the cots with sulfur smoke. Its wild how much this part of it controls the outcome of the cots. They maintain color and texture unlike un-sulfured cots. Theres no sulfur odor or taste. The drying racks are basically family heirlooms at this point. Over 100 years old and brought up to Yakima from Cali years ago.
So basically organic sulfur. :nerd:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
cool. food preservation processes are generally out of my wheelhouse (especially at an industrial scale) but I do find it fascinating. has he ever had them tested for trace residuals of sulfur?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
When in doubt, remember that winter tires have unlimited traction in snow. :thumb:
Well I'm not jimmydean'd in the ditch, so they did their job.

But damn, people doing 40kph or less on the freeway. And by people, I mean a line of them all together, all tail gating each other. And all jabbing their brakes on off on off on off. Nope, get me the F around and infront of those loons.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So my asshole of a BIL is back on Facebook. He had left for Parler and Truth Social, but I guess those didn't pan out. He didn't announce it or anything, just sort of showed up. :rofl:

I feel like I should say something but I know my sister would be pissed.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
My 7'6' 3wt Fly Rod arrived. it came with a nice case and as a bonus it came with a spare tip section. Very light in the hand, balances perfectly with the reel and 3 wt line. I can accurately cast it out to the backing. I might try and go out on one of the lakes this Saturday for a real test

20221215_161529.jpg20221215_162039.jpg

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
So basically organic sulfur. :nerd:
Funny about that…

I dunno about other industries, but you can spray as much elemental sulfur you want out in the vineyards and sell your fruit as organic.

Oxidize that shit and put as little as 1 ppm in your rotten grape juice (aka wine) and it is no longer eligible for that pretty little green and white usda organic sticker.

Boostin, I’d like to try some of them apricots. Any chance a person can buy them online? I love dried apricots, but have developed such a sensitivity to SO2 (from exposure) that most store bought stuff is inedible.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Had a slippy slidey muddy ride this AM, followed by a massage and now beer, 90s rap and mince pies. Pretty acceptable day. Think I got my 38 figured out mostly now, it’s only two proper rides deep but it’s well plush now and still got good mid-stroke support with 3 volume spacers and 85psi. I’m still running basically zero compression damping though, and when I put a bit on, it feels too much, so I’m gonna drop to 2.5wt in the damper at some point, and just a touch of low speed, but it was tracking real good over the wet rocks and roots today. Seriously I think it’s still bedding in, but still; there is defo a little cheat mode you get, a bit like a bigger wheel, it tracks so nice through the rough stuff. There’s this one particular ‘black’ (lol) alternate section in the middle of Ikigai where the trail gets super narrow, and deep like basically a big rut, and has three 1/2 foot little drops each with a root knurl sort of defining the edge and side of the drops. The 36 always seemed to get knocked about through that section, but now I’m just like ‘go this way’. Love it.

Man, the Fugees had a couple of great tracks.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Great, now I’m hungry for mince pie. That might be the gummy I just ate, that I got in the White Elephant gift exchange Teh Spousal Unit™ and I just got home from. She won a pair of shot glasses…

B879420C-AC87-4B89-B6A0-C8B854058F81.jpeg

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It's this scam where you give a bunch of money to someone else, and theoretically they'll give you a bunch of money in the future if you need it because some unforeseen shit hit the proverbial fan.
I dunno. Ive come out pretty far ahead on the old insurance game. At least Medical insurance. Critical illness too.

Finally have all the parts to do brakes and struts on the Mazda, so of course today's high is only going to be 28 freedoms. :mad:
Well that was an unmitigated fucking disaster. Couldn't get one of the rear struts to come off the arm and managed somehow to fuck up the electric parking brake. Was lucky to get the car back into it's proper spot in the garage. :mad:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
So my asshole of a BIL is back on Facebook. He had left for Parler and Truth Social, but I guess those didn't pan out. He didn't announce it or anything, just sort of showed up. :rofl:

I feel like I should say something but I know my sister would be pissed.
giphy.gif