Quantcast

∆•∆•∆ Sam-dee GMT ∆•∆•∆

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sweatin' copper is one if the few satisfying and non-irritating parts of plumbing... but most of the rest of that shit? :rant:
Any day over drywall. FTS.

Wifey got to show off "her" handiwork with the home renovations we've done to all the moms. "We did [long list]." "OMG! How'd you find someone to do all the work?!" "Well, Stoney actually did [half of long list]". I think it finally registered just how much fucking work I've done when the other moms stopped and "wowed" mid conversation.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
boo this man. an efficient enderpo bike plus legs is the one bike to rule them all. my solution for 15+ years. the best.
If forced to, I could do that. With a really small apartment, I think I would be a 3 bikes guy: enduro with two wheelsets, gravel bike with a road and a offroad wheelset plus a DJ/pump track bike. But as I have the space, I am the N+1 guy. :D

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Have recently come to the conclusion that a nice hardtail with two sets of wheels is all one really needs for a bike, unless you are road racing, but why would you do that?
My old knees cannot tolerate large drops on a hardtail. Still think most people have to big a bike for nothing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Any day over drywall. FTS.

Wifey got to show off "her" handiwork with the home renovations we've done to all the moms. "We did [long list]." "OMG! How'd you find someone to do all the work?!" "Well, Stoney actually did [half of long list]". I think it finally registered just how much fucking work I've done when the other moms stopped and "wowed" mid conversation.
they should thank you in the way only a swinging neighborhood can

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
boo this man. an efficient enderpo bike plus legs is the one bike to rule them all. my solution for 15+ years. the best.

The most capable bike isn't necessarily the most fun bike, and certainly not on terrain that doesn't require it. But that is just me.

Enderpo bike is great fun in the mountains but I have to assume you also ride the trails in Charlotte?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My old knees cannot tolerate large drops on a hardtail. Still think most people have to big a bike for nothing.

My broken old hands are my weak point so I gravitate towards longer travel forks. I think nose diving every landing probably also helps with the knees and back.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
The most capable bike isn't necessarily the most fun bike, and certainly not on terrain that doesn't require it. But that is just me.

Enderpo bike is great fun in the mountains but I have to assume you also ride the trails in Charlotte?
yeah, i pedal it everywhere...and take it to dh days too. it's fine here. i'm not riding with xc racerbois here in town so i don't need to be the fastest locally. plus at this point the few local trails i bother riding are the ones with roots, rocks, small bits of steeps, and jumps. only place the nomad makes me sad is the pump track :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yeah, i pedal it everywhere...and take it to dh days too. it's fine here. i'm not riding with xc racerbois here in town so i don't need to be the fastest locally. plus at this point the few local trails i bother riding are the ones with roots, rocks, small bits of steeps, and jumps. only place the nomad makes me sad is the pump track :rofl:

For me it isn't about pedaling efficiency but having a bike that is easy to pop and pump over shit when it isn't the most challenging trail which is a lot of fun. Also what I do when the trail is challenging, which is a lot of fun.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
That was my thought building up the Element. (120/130)However, I scare myself way too often on the long downhills here, I‘m so used to the piggy sled. (170/170).

But climbing is dreamy in comparison.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
For me it isn't about pedaling efficiency but having a bike that is easy to pop and pump over shit when it isn't the most challenging trail which is a lot of fun. Also what I do when the trail is challenging, which is a lot of fun.
My 170/160 monster is uber fun popping and pumping over our shitshow chunky trails here. I'll keep my enderpo monster, thank you very much.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Also, the big SC bikes of late climb much better than they should be allowed to. XC racerbois may have an edge on flat trail sections, but FTS.