Quantcast

∆^∆ First 2024 snowmageddon GMT ∆^∆

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i have standing water on the drivers side of the wagon.

the rain was a bit much yesterday.

wondering if there is a grommet or some such thing missing in the drivers side of the firewall.

20240110_062325.jpg

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
i have standing water on the drivers side of the wagon.

the rain was a bit much yesterday.

wondering if there is a grommet or some such thing missing in the drivers side of the firewall.

View attachment 206200
Isn't it normally the opposite that some of the drain holes are clogged and water start making its way into the car? Used to happen to my first gen X3 from all the debris from the trees on the block.

I am still getting up to speed with this work life BS.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Power stayed on and nothing was flooded, so off to work I went. Got here early enough that I'm alone in the cube farm, which is optimal, cause I've got a lot of farts to get out before everyone else shows up.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Since we're leaving this winter, I hired Mr Plow to take care of our curb bank. Kinda happy about that this morning since I don't own a Honda snowblower™

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I ran 9 miles this morning and expected it to be very windy as we were promised, but there was no wind at all. None nada zilch. How can they be that wrong?? Not that I am complaining. After a solid 75 minute bike workout last night, my run this morning went well.

Due to the storm dud, my storm duty assignment for work was cancelled today. WOO HOO!!

I did a see tree lying across a crushed car in my neighborhood this morning, so at least there is that.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

At least 2" fell last night. When they say snow in Portland, they are usually wrong. Not today, Satan. Snowy walkies then WFH. My neighborhood isn't bad, but my guess is the pass is a shit show, so no thanks.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is crazy.

With a "ferocious blizzard" forecasted for Oregon today, officials at Mt. Hood Meadows announced that "with great storms come great responsibility and we have made the decision to suspend operations tomorrow, January 9."

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
new tires for the car...
what tires did you go with, and for which vehicle?

/me is going to wfh reading ultrasound then jet right on over to DIA to hop a non-Max 9 to PHX afterward

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Onsite work today.

Haley raced teen league last night. Her goal was podium in the C group or to get into the B group. She got 1st in B group, which was a bit of a surprise to everybody. We got a few comments about her being "too young" for the teen class and asking why she's still racing indoors when the plan was to move 100% to outdoors. There are a couple of kids who took a few years to work their way up to group B and she missed group A by one spot at .04sec too slow.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Onsite work today.

Haley raced teen league last night. Her goal was podium in the C group or to get into the B group. She got 1st in B group, which was a bit of a surprise to everybody. We got a few comments about her being "too young" for the teen class and asking why she's still racing indoors when the plan was to move 100% to outdoors. There are a couple of kids who took a few years to work their way up to group B and she missed group A by one spot at .04sec too slow.
Group C:

Group B:

Group A:

:D

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I am groot

army of messicans will arrive today to move the 500lb countertop back into place. Then the kitchen will be done, some small electrical projects. Few drywall repairs and it will be ready to stage and list.

in other news,

fucking dump is a racket, $112 for 1/2 a bed load, no wonder peeps dump shit in the woods

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
God dammit, someone as work is really asking for it. :banghead:

Last year I asked this person straight up "will this license work for us for this, if we upgrade it to version whatever". They said yes. I asked again, again it was a yes.

So now we have the upgraded license, which I give to that guy and he responds with a screenshot saying it won't work because its not the correct one. WTF man.

Its my fault for being too trusting, though. I trusted this guy, as it is software that his team handles on a day to day basis (IE, they are the experts). I put that thing into production, assuming what he told me was true. Now I have a week to figure shit out before the demo license resets itself.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
we lost power for the first time about 730, then was on / off a couple times until 9, then cut out for the night again a little after 11. came back on sometime before dawn. house was warm enough so didn't worry about the generator. kids had a 2 hr delay.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Group C:

Group B:

Group A:

:D
Not for indoor. There are 30 kids in the class (max allowed) with 10 per race group. It's mixed qualifying, fastest 10 to A, next 10 to B, last 10 to C. You fall into groups by times. Haley doesn't practice in the full-sized karts; she just shows up to race. That's why there were some butthurt folks. She just "showed up" and won group B, almost making it into group A.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Not for indoor. There are 30 kids in the class (max allowed) with 10 per race group. It's mixed qualifying, fastest 10 to A, next 10 to B, last 10 to C. You fall into groups by times. Haley doesn't practice in the full-sized karts; she just shows up to race. That's why there were some butthurt folks. She just "showed up" and won group B, almost making it into group A.