Quantcast

∆^∆ First 2024 snowmageddon GMT ∆^∆

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Spouse has outlined an ambitious plan for the next 8 months. Let the dominos fall! Haha

Plan is to finish prepping the lots by March. Have them sold in April (doubtful). Take the funds and have a building put up by September. This is going to be a shop/garage/apartment or "barndominium" as I heard some one call it.

Dismantle and re-install free pole barn, converting into house garage.

Re-side my house with a mud room addition.

The kids and spouse are getting a place in Laramie. Rent out the house. I'll live in the barndominium and hire/train someone to be on call while I am running around the Rky Mtns. I won't get to see my kids every day but also they won't be in these terrible schools. The investment is worth it. The gang land BS and brainwashed conservativism is off the charts here and it's on full display in the schools. The choices are war zone public schools or catholic schools.

I told Spouse the only way I'll fly back and forth is if I can get another mtb to leave in Wyoming. She seemed to be on board with that so I think I get to build a mountain bike.

At this point if we can make ends meet and the kids are in good schools, my wife isn't hating on our situation, and I have time to work and build trails, I am OK with whatever happens. If I can get someone on call for half the month, I can likely spend almost half my time in Wyoming.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Spouse has outlined an ambitious plan for the next 8 months. Let the dominos fall! Haha

Plan is to finish prepping the lots by March. Have them sold in April (doubtful). Take the funds and have a building put up by September. This is going to be a shop/garage/apartment or "barndominium" as I heard some one call it.

The kids and spouse are getting a place in Laramie. Rent out the house. I'll live in the barndominium and hire/train someone to be on call while I am running around the Rky Mtns. I won't get to see my kids every day but also they won't be in these terrible schools. The investment is worth it. The gang land BS and brainwashed conservativism is off the charts here and it's on full display in the schools. The choices are war zone public schools or catholic schools.

I told Spouse the only way I'll fly back and forth is if I can get another mtb to leave in Wyoming. She seemed to be on board with that so I think I get to build a mountain bike.

At this point if we can make ends meet and the kids are in good schools, my wife isn't hating on our situation, and I have time to work and build trails, I am OK with whatever happens. If I can get someone on call for half the month, I can likely spend almost half my time in Wyoming.
good luck, we're all rooting for you

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Good for you. Sounds like a lot of things to juggle, but in the end it will benefit everyone. :thumb:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Looks like a pretty classic loading event with the wind that morning. Seeing wind speeds on nearby stations at the peaks gusting to 100mph that morning, that would have been ripping the snow off at that speed, although it definitely was less at times and would have loaded NNE slopes and cross-loaded the gully on KT22. Different than what KCRA reported, but they were quoting "prevailing winds", which isn't really useful, they didn't seem to pull the historical snowtel/weather station data. Anyway, we call that red-light avy conditions. Palisades calls it fun I guess.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Dang. You must *really* have shit schools if you're moving to WY for better. :D