Quantcast

●●●Thursday GMT●●●

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
FYIMF!!! (Fvck Yeah It's My Friday)

Wifey and I took tomorrow off to go skiing with a couple friends. Plus a fellow monkey is hooking us up with free lift passes. Double win!
:yes:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yesterdays local traffic between Pleasanton and Livermore was a nightmare. Some now dead fool tried to flip a U turn on a 55mph 4 lane highway in front of oncoming traffic Got broadsided and his car burned up with him inside. Road was closed from 1:30 until 8pm. there are only minor surface streets running east west besides the main freeway which was gridlocked from the extra traffic.

Today better be better, starting with some strong coffee I am making

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
New job offer with increased vacation showed up last night. Job accepted. Now the piles of paperwork required for background checks. levels of motivation at the current gig have reached an all time low.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Congratulations my good sir!
Thank you. I will soon escape this current hellish situation and find myself in a different hellish situation. :)

Kidding of course, new job ain't gonna be easy but the past year and a half have possibly been the worst of my 40 or so years.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
New job offer with increased vacation showed up last night. Job accepted. Now the piles of paperwork required for background checks. levels of motivation at the current gig have reached an all time low.
the call of the lizard people cannot be ignored. their plan is nearing completion. their machinations are complex but all will soon be revealed to you. do not waver in your resolve.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin peeps!

So the pup starting limping a couple days ago and it wasn't until last night that I discovered he ripped his pad trying to tear a new hole in the fence. Fucker. I have now purchased more 2x4s than anyone who doesn't frame for a living should and have been building a fence of my own to keep that little shit from destroying it any more.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Thank you. I will soon escape this current hellish situation and find myself in a different hellish situation. :)

Kidding of course, new job ain't gonna be easy but the past year and a half have possibly been the worst of my 40 or so years.
I remember how excited you seemed when you landed this last job. Bummer it turned out to be a suckfest.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Seattle proper or...? Depending on where you lay your hat year around riding will be at your fingertips.
Would be working in Everett. Would likely live somewhere between there and the north side of Seattle. Whidbey wouldn't be out of the question if I decided I wanted more of a pastoral setting.

Would probably try to form a TBBXC tribute band.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Would be working in Everett. Would likely live somewhere between there and the north side of Seattle. Whidbey wouldn't be out of the question if I decided I wanted more of a pastoral setting.

Would probably try to form a TBBXC tribute band.
That would be awesome, in my time there the shipyards didn't draw nearly as much traffic as Redmond. Not that it matter but... I was born on NAS Whidbey, somewhere on the Island is a real Flintstone mobile.

What I miss the most is the fresh and free seafood EVERYWHERE.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That would be awesome, in my time there the shipyards didn't draw nearly as much traffic as Redmond. Not that it matter but... I was born on NAS Whidbey, somewhere on the Island is a real Flintstone mobile.

What I miss the most is the fresh and free seafood EVERYWHERE.
From what I understand housing is cheaper on Whidbey, due to the pain in the ass mainland commute. I could execute that on a bike and skip over ferry traffic.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bucket splash from the weekend has leveled out some, but the water is still pretty murky. Spent a lot of time talking with my Mom (who I talk to almost daily - yes Mama's boy) and she was not really surprised that it came up, just how soon and with the intensity it did. Going to focus on restarting my career and getting myself back on track to the level I should be working at. I've got about 5 years of stagnation to catch up on, so it's A-Game all the way.

With work, the raise was on the way,but telling my boss that I don't want to be doing this job in 6-months is what pushed me to the priority position for the new sales team mgmt position. But my to-do list for the boss just became much longer, so my at work slow time will be going away substantially. Expect to see less of me in the immediate future. So if anything positive has come out of this, there you go.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Bucket splash from the weekend has leveled out some, but the water is still pretty murky. Spent a lot of time talking with my Mom (who I talk to almost daily - yes Mama's boy) and she was not really surprised that it came up, just how soon and with the intensity it did. Going to focus on restarting my career and getting myself back on track to the level I should be working at. I've got about 5 years of stagnation to catch up on, so it's A-Game all the way.

With work, the raise was on the way,but telling my boss that I don't want to be doing this job in 6-months is what pushed me to the priority position for the new sales team mgmt position. But my to-do list for the boss just became much longer, so my at work slow time will be going away substantially. Expect to see less of me in the immediate future. So if anything positive has come out of this, there you go.
This plan needs more skiing, biking, and beer.

Good luck, and do a lot of thinking before acting.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Congrats, Westy. Mukilteo ferry is the one you'd be taking, or is there one from Everett proper? Jessica took the Mukilteo ferry every weekday for several years...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Depressing news of the day:

http://archneur.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2487379

Cliffs Notes are that proton pump inhibitors (heartburn meds) are associated with dementia.

This is kind of a big deal, for me personally as well. Being fat I have heartburn. I take a PPI. Am I clouding my brain as a result? (Will I be more sane if I knock off a few neurons? Hmm.)
Less donuts, more running? I too am fat, but no hb. Am I doing it wrong?

Depressing news of the day:

http://archneur.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2487379

Cliffs Notes are that proton pump inhibitors (heartburn meds) are associated with dementia.

This is kind of a big deal, for me personally as well. Being fat I have heartburn. I take a PPI. Am I clouding my brain as a result? (Will I be more sane if I knock off a few neurons? Hmm.)
Simple. Don't take anything. Get outside and exercise. If you experience heartburn, drink a glass of water or milk.

That'll be $357.46, and we don't accept Medicare.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Friend at work gave me a quick lesson on TIG welding stainless this morning. Pretty happy with my feeble attempts 5 or 6 tries in:
IMAG1584.jpg

Other than that, taking tomorrow off to check out a Jeep and ride.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Less donuts, more running? I too am fat, but no hb. Am I doing it wrong?
Simple. Don't take anything. Get outside and exercise. If you experience heartburn, drink a glass of water or milk.

That'll be $357.46, and we don't accept Medicare.
Yeah, maybe this will be the motivation to shed some pounds as Eric has done. I'll start by actually paying attention to what I eat and stop bringing delicious but carb-heavy things into the house.

Yep Mukilteo.
And bike == motorcycle in this usage? Can't see how bicycling from the ferry would work unless you have a lot of time to burn. That's a big hill to climb and the only thing at the top of it is apartment units and the Boeing plant.