Quantcast

☞☞☞☕☕☕❄❄❄ Sunday ︎︎︎❄❄❄☕☕☕︎☜☜☜

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley fork travel done. Feels buttery good. Pulled two tokens out too, which is very helpful for feel. It led to a total reset of suspension and cockpit, and she's loving it.

Took the spacers out of Wifey's 34 as well. She's been cooking all day, but I can already tell it's going to be a lot better for her. I still have to run the air spring at a higher psi that works for her weight, but the spacers being pulled should help soften the total feel.

Went over mine as well, and it has all the spacers my shock can take, but I'm still blowing through it at max psi. Frame just has a high, linear leverage ratio and I'm gigante. I should have listened to @Nick on day one and gotten a coil. Doing some tire swaps to get rid of the Asegai, because it's slow as fuck and you can feel it when you're pedalling.

Haley fork travel done. Feels buttery good. Pulled two tokens out too, which is very helpful for feel. It led to a total reset of suspension and cockpit, and she's loving it.

Took the spacers out of Wifey's 34 as well. She's been cooking all day, but I can already tell it's going to be a lot better for her. I still have to run the air spring at a higher psi that works for her weight, but the spacers being pulled should help soften the total feel.

Went over mine as well, and it has all the spacers my shock can take, but I'm still blowing through it at max psi. Frame just has a high, linear leverage ratio and I'm gigante. I should have listened to @Nick on day one and gotten a coil. Doing some tire swaps to get rid of the Asegai, because it's slow as fuck and you can feel it when you're pedalling.
Have @SkaredShtles ride it, after which it will consider you light and stop bottoming out when you're on it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Success. Some rocks for @jdcamb . Didn't even get my feet wet, bonus.

Did just crush two finger tips in the window here at the hotel though. Time for a beer.

/end spam

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Well speaking of fantasy, I’m going to go ride the same old stuff and daydream I am somewhere else. Suppose you could call it a poor man’s Peloton. Damn you poverty for forcing me outdoors to exercise when I could be sweat free in a climate controlled setting. Oh the horror.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Went over mine as well, and it has all the spacers my shock can take, but I'm still blowing through it at max psi. Frame just has a high, linear leverage ratio and I'm gigante. I should have listened to @Nick on day one and gotten a coil.
Isn't a coil shock the wrong choice for a linear frame? How do you get bottom out progression?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Isn't a coil shock the wrong choice for a linear frame? How do you get bottom out progression?
My issue is that even w 4 spacers in the Float X2 RVS, I'm using 100% of air spring capacity just for ride height. It's also a damn near 3:1 leverage ratio (160mm/55mm=2.91). I just take the suspension to it's limit.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My issue is that even w 4 spacers in the Float X2 RVS, I'm using 100% of air spring capacity just for ride height. It's also a damn near 3:1 leverage ratio (160mm/55mm=2.91). I just take the suspension to it's limit.
What happened to new ///Yeti?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The wife had been putting off doing the taxes because "we are going to owe thousands..." With her dad's estate and now PERS retirement, she just knew with the COVID money we were screwed.

Turns out we are eligible for the state kicker and are getting $600 back from feds and $2800 back from state. :rofl:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
In laws vastly overstated their welcome, brunch is stupid, kid got overly sugared out, but we spent the last few hours at the park drinking beers and hanging out with the neighbors drawing Dino’s with chalk.

Turns out the key to making friends is to wait for all your neighbors to show up to the park after their kids have gone stir crazy at family Easter events all day, leave your garage door open and tell them to help themselves to your beer, I think I may now be the king of the neighborhood.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Spacers are only for mid-stroke and bottom out control. If you max out on air pressure your have the wrong frame...or have too strong bones. ;)