Quantcast

☞ Turdsday ☜

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
not 9 different flavor configurations. 2 of the flavors are the same, but vary in texture.

:nerd:
Missed opportunity for almond butter. I bought some peanut butter pretzels at Trader Joe’s and found some almond butter ones also. At first I was certain the peanut would be my favorite but I think I decided the almond ones were a bit better.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Have successfully passed through the void of nothingness between Kingston and the Quebec border. Man that is a boring stretch.

Large police presence at this rest stop...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I hate buying things online because you don't have the opportunity to locally, then receiving said item and not having it meet your expectations so you have to mail it back.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
:panic:

dragged myself outta bed; herded kids to school; emails; bid on things at auction for work (nothing major but got 3 outta 4); grabbed sushi and a beer for a late lunch; now, meetings, more meetings, event, then get kid at rex kwon do and head home around 9. tomorrow is still possibly a fuckit day...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
A 2016 review of wildlife studies spanning four decades found that human traffic on trails forces animals to flee, limiting their feeding time and forcing them to expend valuable energy. And a study out of Steamboat Springs, Colorado, from earlier this year found that mountain biking ranked second only to ATV use in disturbing elk populations in a 120,000-acre parcel of land east of town
I wonder what the population overlap of hunters and ATV users is? I'd guess it's pretty damn high.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well this just fell into our lap. About 15% below market, maintained by shop owner who is one of local league committee members, new and only used in a league that had 2 kids, so was cancelled mid-season (Rok vs. LO206 for @jebfour), motor will be replaced with a compliant motor. Owned by Haley's friend, who is her #1 competitor, so dad wants her in a kart to push him.
IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

So this escalated quickly...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Weather forecast getting chilly SOON so stole the pupper for what could be one of the last lazy river floats of '22 --2 drink minimum ™

How it started -- forgot opener but wanted stout so used edge of full can to open, profit.

IMG_20221006_142557161_copy_2000x1500.jpg

Charcoal was super duper happy to be off leash -- I'm the only good time Charlie re: off leash.

IMG_20221006_143737546_copy_2000x1500.jpg

Late season conditions equaled 5 other humanoids this far

Saw this gal from far away hence potato cam ;) == 2-3 year old -- so called charcoal to left bank, where he proceeded to try to splash / herd but responded immediately to shh...

IMG_20221006_154218617_copy_2000x1500.jpg

All praise to ground beef patty bites.

But once we turned the corner I realized
It was THAT kind of party...

IMG_20221006_154658898_copy_2000x1500.jpg

First bull moose I've seen on the lazy river since last year (on the right, perspective makes him seem smaller, but he was probably 20% bigger and 3 years old or so...)

Charcoal did so good though, he noped the fuck downstream and pulled over (opposite side of them and stayed quiet while I gawked for 5) and waited for me to catch up...

Glad I brought three beers, 5 miles bike ride back to car will be spicier ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Weather forecast getting chilly SOON so stole the pupper for what could be one of the last lazy river floats of '22 --2 drink minimum ™

How it started -- forgot opener but wanted stout so used edge of full can to open, profit.

View attachment 182894

Charcoal was super duper happy

View attachment 182896

Saw this gal so called charcoal to left bank, where he proceeded to try to splash / herd but responded immediately to shh...

View attachment 182897

All praise to gound beef patty bites.

View attachment 182898

First bull moose I've seen in 1.5 yrs on the river.

Charcoal did so good though, he noped the fuck downstream and pulled over (opposite side of them and stayed quiet while I gawked for 5) and waited for me to catch up...

the only thing i saw in JH was one fox and two elk....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well this just fell into our lap. About 15% below market, maintained by shop owner who is one of local league committee members, new and only used in a league that had 2 kids, so was cancelled mid-season (Rok vs. LO206 for @jebfour), motor will be replaced with a compliant motor. Owned by Haley's friend, who is her #1 competitor, so dad wants her in a kart to push him.
View attachment 182892
View attachment 182893

nice fart cannon

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

View attachment 182894

Charcoal was super duper happy

View attachment 182896

Saw this gal so called charcoal to left bank, where he proceeded to try to splash / herd but responded immediately to shh...

View attachment 182897

All praise to gound beef patty bites.

View attachment 182898

First bull moose I've seen in 1.5 yrs on the river.

Next time we're in your hood, we need to do the same volume of drinking and moar floating. :thumb:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
View attachment 182892
View attachment 182893

That’s awesome! It’s always good when you can buy one that you know the history of. I always bought my chassis’ from a guy who would turn them over every year or so, but got them directly from the factory. Congratulations! You’re going to have fun.

Now it’s time for daddy and daughter karts :D If my ribs could handle it and my daughter had interest I’d be allllll about it.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Wife wanted to do an after work ride tonight. She’s been riding with a local women’s group and damn I got my ass handed to me. She’s getting fast, I’m getting old.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That’s awesome! It’s always good when you can buy one that you know the history of. I always bought my chassis’ from a guy who would turn them over every year or so, but got them directly from the factory. Congratulations! You’re going to have fun.

Now it’s time for daddy and daughter karts :D If my ribs could handle it and my daughter had interest I’d be allllll about it.
I wasn't super clear. This deal. She's driving it Sunday, but we're probably getting it.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Had a great ride with the guys last night. Definitely felt a little more zip in my zigging and zagging down ze hills. Great weather too.

Packing the car and off for the 6.5 hour annual pilgrimage to Bromont now. Going to be chilly out there, fingers crossed the rain holds out.
There is a race this weekend in Bromont. Some trails might be closed

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've reached out to a local. No closed trails. Just a shitload of signs and people. Last chair week-end also
Sweet yeah checked out the map, looks like the bike race stay mostly on the Enduro side or on the green trails so should be good :thumb:

They calling for a chance of snow flurries tomorrow night. :o

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Sweet yeah checked out the map, looks like the bike race stay mostly on the Enduro side or on the green trails so should be good :thumb:

They calling for a chance of snow flurries tomorrow night. :o
But the Enduro side is the best side. :rockout: