Quantcast

☠☕☭ Toosday GMT ☠☕☭

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm sitting on ~20% cash just waiting for an opportunity.
I'm at 90% stocks, set and forget it in tax-deferred accounts. I figure they'll be the last thing I draw down when I retire besides from SEPP if I retire super early, so makes sense to be the most aggressive here.

In my taxable account 66% of my holdings are at 35% stocks, with the remaining third at 75% stocks, which makes my mix overall just under 50% stocks. I'll punt more of that 35% stock pile over to the 75% stock pile after the next nice dip in the market.

Cash doesn't appreciate or generate other benefits via tax loss harvesting so I hold essentially nothing month to month beyond that which I need to avoid fees (+ the $500 per account interest-bearing portion of my credit union accounts).

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm at 90% stocks, set and forget it in tax-deferred accounts. I figure they'll be the last thing I draw down when I retire besides from SEPP if I retire super early, so makes sense to be the most aggressive here.

In my taxable account 66% of my holdings are at 35% stocks, with the remaining third at 75% stocks, which makes my mix overall just under 50% stocks. I'll punt more of that 35% stock pile over to the 75% stock pile after the next nice dip in the market.

Cash doesn't appreciate or generate other benefits via tax loss harvesting so I hold essentially nothing month to month beyond that which I need to avoid fees (+ the $500 per account interest-bearing portion of my credit union accounts).
I tend to use muni funds as cash equivalents. They yield about 5% and their variance is small. If for some reason I'm down and I need cash, I'm using it for either an opportunistic trade or serious discount, so any loss is taken for tax purposes.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
You do realize that everything is fucked everywhere? I can say from if experience that if you want to avoid fuckage avoid, pharmaceuticals, automotive, heavy industrial, light industrial, software, test industry, printing industry, capitol equipment, robotics and food processing.
Don't forget capital construction projects, industrial, energy, resource, and municipal.

Got up. Loaded the Moonlander, Bob trailer, and implements of destruction in the van. Drove to the northern trail head of the Oak Ridge trail. Hitched the trailer to the Moonlander, Loaded up chain saw, fuel, bar oil, loppers and hand saws and pedaled my ass uphill for about forever. It got frostier as I climbed. Cut up and removed a bunch of blowdown, some invasives. Trimmed off a bunch of bat.you.in.the.face branches. Enjoyed the scenery and lack of people. Eventually returned to the van via USFS roads. Drove into town and ate lunch very late.

Edit: Someday I need to figure out what the rigging described above weighs fully loaded...

It's almost beer thirty.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I think Westy quoted by mistake you in his eagerness to jump on jd's taco truck post. Either that or he's becoming incoherent.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got up. Loaded the Moonlander, Bob trailer, and implements of destruction in the van. Drove to the northern trail head of the Oak Ridge trail. Hitched the trailer to the Moonlander, Loaded up chain saw, fuel, bar oil, loppers and hand saws and pedaled my ass uphill for about forever. It got frostier as I climbed. Cut up and removed a bunch of blowdown, some invasives. Trimmed off a bunch of bat.you.in.the.face branches. Enjoyed the scenery and lack of people. Eventually returned to the van via USFS roads. Drove into town and ate lunch very late.

Edit: Someday I need to figure out what the rigging described above weighs fully loaded...

It's almost beer thirty.
Denied, muther@#$%^&!!!

Can someone hit the old geezer with some Trail Karma rep for me ?

I call those, Face Slappers.