Quantcast

☠️☠️☠️ Existential Weariness Thursday ☠️☠️☠️

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
^ my two-year-old has been obsessed with Jump in the Fire recently. Jumps around like a madman.

PQ work at the vendor continues, new product launch a couple months away. Been working more during this shut down then I have in the past three years, though I guess I should be happy about that. Also, hired my first direct report the other day....stole him from said vendor. So that's exciting.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning!

Work is picking up, so thats neato. Still no word on when we may be back in the office however.

^ my two-year-old has been obsessed with Jump in the Fire recently. Jumps around like a madman.

PQ work at the vendor continues, new product launch a couple months away. Been working more during this shut down then I have in the past three years, though I guess I should be happy about that. Also, hired my first direct report the other day....stole him from said vendor. So that's exciting.
Bet working with them won't be awkward at all now.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Bet working with them won't be awkward at all now.
Even better...he was in a contract position and they weren't able to bring him on full-time unless he wanted to move cross-country, which he didn't. They were happy for him to see him come here.

So with that, I'm hoping he can handle some if not most post-launch support at said vendor when needed instead of me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Been working more during this shut down then I have in the past three years, though I guess I should be happy about that.
Same story here. Our plants mostly shut down and somehow the work ramped up. Oh well...

Sounds like production at a few of our buildings in this area are going to start back up in the next few weeks. Saw word that FCA is starting back up, too.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Now is as good time as any to start a long fast, so I'm going to do that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Here at work. Sometimes you just have to lol at what people did before your time... went to go replace one of our time clocks and found the power cable tied into this other mystery wire. Who knows where it goes....

And fuck this shit. Thank god for modern phones.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Here at work. Sometimes you just have to lol at what people did before your time... went to go replace one of our time clocks and found the power cable tied into this other mystery wire. Who knows where it goes....

And fuck this shit. Thank god for modern phones.
The blue wire. Always cut the blue wire.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fridge has been acting up, making horrible death noises. Saw the price of a new one and decided to tear mine apart. Condensation drain froze up causing ice to build up on a fan resulting in a near catastrophic off balance condition. Stuffed my frozen food into a cooler and thawed the whole thing out, now all is bueno.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fridge has been acting up, making horrible death noises. Saw the price of a new one and decided to tear mine apart. Condensation drain froze up causing ice to build up on a fan resulting in a near catastrophic off balance condition. Stuffed my frozen food into a cooler and thawed the whole thing out, now all is bueno.
went through that last year. chances are the defrost coil in the fan area has gone bad. that's why the ice build up. Replaced it and no more problems

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
went through that last year. chances are the defrost coil in the fan area has gone bad. that's why the ice build up. Replaced it and no more problems
Nah, freezer door wasn't shut all the way one day. Coils were ice free, drain was overwhelmed. Actually I have no special defrost coil, the evap and condenser just swap roles in the defrost cycle.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
m to the e to the h. drizzly all day. coffeeing it repeatedly. helping kids get through their stuff. might run into work to grab some stuff later. trying to write anything that requires much focus seems difficult. unfortunately, i need to do quite a bit of that over the next week or so. le ugh.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Now having urge for more useful fast car... Something AWD... Wagon-ish... Long enough to fit Haley or Hannah behind me... STI? Ooo Polestar!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Here. Now having urge for more useful fast car... Something AWD... Wagon-ish... Long enough to fit Haley or Hannah behind me... STI? Ooo Polestar!
You're wrong.

The answer to that is always e63 amg wagon.

Or an r63, if one could be found.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You're wrong.

The answer to that is always e63 amg wagon.

Or an r63, if one could be found.
If I showed up with a car that's... Cheapest one is 62k and $5k more than her Pilot was, that's a second reason for me to die. But the e350 is a beast too.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Especially if the question is: how does my mechanic afford a new boat?
They arent as expensive as people think they are.
Assume 3k per year in service/parts including tires and you are good to go.

Mine (8 years old) has been around that for the last 3+ years, including sport cup2 tires and ocasional track days, and most friend´s amgs have been around that as well.

I joke with a couple friends of mine (Honda CRV and GT86, bought brand new) that my TCO (depreciation, service, etc) has been lower than theirs.