Quantcast

☭☭☭ Frei gag GMT☭☭☭

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I had a good swim this morning...my fastest yet. Swim coach gave me some pointers which are really helping. I had a good 24 mile road ride yesterday too. Probably my last ride in short sleeves this year, but I'll take the 70 degree October day.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Got my OCD on last night and made some power cables. I couldn't deal with the fact that the ones supplied had open lugs, regular heat shrink, and no abrasion protection. Maybe I should become an electrician instead of a desk jockey.

image1.JPG

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
The front desk lady at work sent out an email to the entire building this morning with the title "lost toy found in back". Also, the context of said email stated that an electronic toy was found at the back entrance and to come up to the front desk to claim it. Luckily, I work with a lot of dirty minds so a lot of hilarity ensued :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

btw... it was actually some children's Vtech electronic game toy.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Assuming they have time for me I'm getting ski boots fitted this morning up in Boulder.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Raining out here all day and into the night. Seems like a good day for Black Sabbath and shed visits.
Dong shed.

Saw the 20th Anniversary Return to Roots, with Max and Iggor reuniting to play the whole freaking album. It was fantastic. I've seen Sepultura and Soulfly play, and Max is slowing down a little but still going strong.

Weird opening act choices. Caught the end of Oni, which wasn't bad. Hail the Yeti, which was awful nu metal by numbers. Combichrist, which I love as an electronic project, doing a decent two drummer Rammstein/Manson thing.

Roots. Bloody roots.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I may ride despite rain.
Pick up some waterproof shorts and enjoy wet rides again.

I have some RF Agent Winter shorts, which are a little too warm for summer, but alpinestars, Bontrager and fox also make them.

Hitting the dirt when it's raining is one of my favorite things and the trails are always empty.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I have some RF Agent Winter shorts, which are a little too warm for summer, but alpinestars, Bontrager and fox also make them.

Hitting the dirt when it's raining is one of my favorite things and the trails are always empty.
I seem to recall riding with you, Bill, and Crabjoe a few years ago on a day where it was dumping and I have to say it still sticks out in my mind as one of my favorite rides.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A winch I have had sitting in my garage for a while. Finally started pulling together the electrical supplies to wire it up.
Bumped into your build thread on EP yesterday, I might have caught up to the winch install by the time you install it.

I'm seeking out you and @Full Trucker if we get a 4Runner and I need to do any work on it :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

One (of the many) things that sucks working for a large company that isn't all Engineering is the need to grandstand. The work I do doesn't get noticed because sh!t just works. When sh!t doesn't work, it is my fault. But keeping sh!t working gets no applause. So you have to point out the fact that it has been X number of days since sh!t went south and it is all thanks to you. I get to do a 15 minute powerpoint fueled presentation to management today so they understand why I get a paycheck.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Thank fuck its Friday!

Day two of rain here...

Not sure what the plans are this weekend, but riding will be done; rain or shine. If everyone bails on riding, I've got some new routes to check out in my go-to spot.

If the rain clears up, I might even venture even further up north to go ride some rocks...on new (to me) trails...which will be wet...and covered in leaves...what could go wrong? :brows:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

Has anyone every tried treating old shorts with a DWR? I'm thinking of giving this a go to see if it works. I'm pretty sure I have some TX-Direct lying around, so it wouldn't really cost me much...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
wtf are you people doing wearing shorts in the winter?
Shorts plus some PI knee warmers or Craft leg warmers work for me down to the teens if in the woods. I run hot. I have some craft wind front pants too but they're a pita.

Any colder than that and I don't ride as suspension seals start failing. I don't fatbike,

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yes, yes and more yes! Rain rides are the absolute best, for many reasons. The only thing that can be tricky is using the portable shed, if its really pissing out.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Shorts plus some PI knee warmers or Craft leg warmers work for me down to the teens if in the woods. I run hot. I have some craft wind front pants too but they're a pita.

Any colder than that and I don't ride as suspension seals start failing. I don't fatbike,
where i am it doesn't get cold enough to stop me from riding. have never had seals fail on me. then again, up until now all i would ride in the winter is coil suspension or CX

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Instructions says to drink now. Are you doing so?

Also I wear shorts for as long as I can. Fuck pants, man. Even for riding, shorts with knee high wool socks and maybe some long underwear if it gets balls cold.
not yet. after work. wanted to get it before they sold out.

for winter, when its below freezing - bibs + wind layer

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I quit my last job due to this. And less than 3 weeks later... things went south. :rofl:
Not only am I new here (3 months), but the role is also somewhat new (a year maybe) and was done by someone who read some things on how to do it. So half of my job is trying to establish processes and best practices for how things should be done while the other half is trying to do the things. I like the idea of being able to build out the process how I think is best for our organization, but getting people to follow a process here is a challenge and a new process is proving even worse.

But this current project is a do or die type project that can work if done correctly. But there is no margin for error. Right now my biggest challenge is getting other groups to understand the importance (it touches everyone). Being I'm just some new engineer guy, managers have not been told about this project from the VP level so they think I'm just some dude who wants to jack with their sh!t. So not only has the technical aspect of the project been a challenge, but I have no pull and so nobody wants to even answer my god damn emails. :shakefist:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
T2 rack mod pics per @Adventurous request. Very easy to replicate if anyone else is interested. Actuates much, much easier as you're pulling in the direction the locking bar moves, rather than the cam action that tends to bind up. And you don't have to lean over the rack as an added bonus. Thanks to @Westy for the idea.

Parts needed:
- 2-arm pull handle with 5/16-18 stud from McMaster-Carr
- 3/8" bronze flanged bushing
- 19" section of 3/8" stainless tubing (.035" wall), one end tapped with 5/16-18 thread
- 2" section of 5/16-18 threaded rod with 1/2 the length turned down to press fit into the end of the tube. Cross drill a 1/8" hole through the threaded end, about 1/4" from the end of the rod.
- New stainless "locking bar" made from 1/2" key stock, with a 5-16-18 threaded thru hole in the center

Steps:
1) Press fit turned down end of threaded rod into non-threaded end of tube.
2) Pinned them together by drilling and pressing in (2) 1/8" spring pins, then ground flush.
3) Remove existing lever/bar/spring assembly.
4) Insert new bar.
5) Insert new tube, threading fully into block.
6) Hook end of spring through cross drilled hole in threaded rod, and hook other end into hole in tube.
7) Drill hole into existing etube end cap and install bronze bushing.
8) Thread 2-arm pull handle into end of tube.
9) Drink beer and stare at bike on bike rack.

/coolstorybro
IMAG2028.jpg
IMAG2029.jpg
IMAG2030.jpg
IMAG2032.jpg

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Half day at work today. F yea. Heading to Big Bear in about 2 hours. Hopefully nice pedal ride this afternoon, then two days on the DH bike to round out the lift season here. Bringing some shredded pork I made and uncooked Costco tortillas for breakfast burritos this weekend. Booya. Plus I think Oktoberfest is going down up there right now. Should be a damn fine weekend. Then, in class for the two weeks and no work. Very niiiiice.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Half day at work today. F yea. Heading to Big Bear in about 2 hours. Hopefully nice pedal ride this afternoon, then two days on the DH bike to round out the lift season here. Bringing some shredded pork I made and uncooked Costco tortillas for breakfast burritos this weekend. Booya. Plus I think Oktoberfest is going down up there right now. Should be a damn fine weekend. Then, in class for the two weeks and no work. Very niiiiice.
i've been to the big bear oktoberfest before. :rofl: