Quantcast

♌︎◆︎⧫︎⧫︎⬧︎ technically thursday GMT ♌︎◆︎⧫︎⧫︎⬧︎

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Anybody with experience sizing TT bikes? @i_r_baboon @Nick anybody else? I'm 5'11"/6' and ride a large/57cm road bike and it feels pretty good. I'm eyeballing used bikes in my area and of course there's nothing perfect, but there is an old QR Kilo that is a size too big, but the TT is 57cm and the HT is shorter than my road bike. Current rider is same height. I need a TT bike like I need a punch in the knee, but $500 is $500

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Anybody with experience sizing TT bikes? @i_r_baboon @Nick anybody else? I'm 5'11"/6' and ride a large/57cm road bike and it feels pretty good. I'm eyeballing used bikes in my area and of course there's nothing perfect, but there is an old QR Kilo that is a size too big, but the TT is 57cm and the HT is shorter than my road bike. Current rider is same height. I need a TT bike like I need a punch in the knee, but $500 is $500
I knew it was only a matter of time.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
been a while since I went there but go here https://www.slowtwitch.com/Bike_Fit/

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
dogs woke me up at 3 am, I blew them off and went back to sleep They persisted, I got up to doggie tootsie rolls by the back door. Should have taken the hint. I might have gotten back to some fitful sleep for another hour or so, Espresso then I'm out of here.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Freezing rain here so we are having a virtual learning day (RIP Snow Days) which means I get to enjoy my coffee and teach in my cozy clothes with slippers on while I surf the monkey and book a lodge for monkeyfest. Supposed to get snow here starting soon and ending tomorrow so I hope to get all of my work done today so tomorrow we can play.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Shoveled the driveway last night, which was pretty much all slush.

Will need to shovel it again tonight. Joy.

Le coffee. Le work. Le ??.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Zero freedums outside. The monkeys down in Kansas below have probably all frozen to death as its colder down below this morning.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Lovely outside. Driveway is cleared. Now heading out the door for some Hok exploring with the ladies.

272907366_514861253296482_4474163860321400675_n.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
-5 Freedoms here

today I hang out with the baby. In particular she has parent-kid gymnastics at 10, so I’m doing that. (I don’t have to tumble but instead walk her to different stations where she does beam, trampoline, etc)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Work and spending loads of money ordering house shit.

Wife wanted to get a quote on window replacement (she naively thought maybe we could have someone do it for us). Andersen Renewal came back at $57K, which was discounted from $83K. ROLF. I'll be DIYing that one.

I live close enough that I can come punch you in the knee. I'll do it for free too. $500 saved!

-5 Freedoms here

today I hang out with the baby. In particular she has parent-kid gymnastics at 10, so I’m doing that. (I don’t have to tumble but instead walk her to different stations where she does beam, trampoline, etc)
I would pay to see you doing gymnastics.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
57cm TT is what I prefer on a road bike with a 110mm stem and I'm 6'2" with 6'5" wingspan.

I'd think that might be too big on a TT bike despite the normally steeper STA but I've never ridden a TT bike :p

IMG_0009.JPG

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Wassup Beeyotches,

Still no taste or smell, Cough and flem seems to be lightening due to 600mg of CBD the last few nights.

Might go into the garage and work the heavy bag for a little

@Sandwich

They actually have more forgiveness in size than a regular frame due to the amount of movement they can make with aero bars and seat path. A ton more fitting parts out there as well.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Zero freedums outside. The monkeys down in Kansas below have probably all frozen to death as its colder down below this morning.
Fack. -2* down here. I guess I'll skip jogging today.
-5 Freedoms here
-1 here. Guess I'm staying inside again. Time to crawl out of bed and fire up the espresso machine.
-7 Freedoms here at the moment. I had to take the garbage out... shit's COLD out there, yo!

Wife wanted to get a quote on window replacement (she naively thought maybe we could have someone do it for us). Andersen Renewal came back at $57K, which was discounted from $83K. ROLF. I'll be DIYing that one.
Get several more quotes - we got a range of quotes for *all* our windows being replaced and they ranged from $15K to $60K. It's quite possible Anderson is the MOST expensive quote you'll get. I was actually pretty surprised how the quotes we got were all over the place...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Anybody with experience sizing TT bikes? @i_r_baboon

HI, and thank you for asking this question. Unfortunately I cannot be of much assistance. I got fitted at a bike shop that specializes in tri bikes and let them fit me and sell me a bike. This was way back in 2015. I went to Fit Werx in Peabody, MA (pronounced 'PEE-biddy'). When the times comes for a new tri bike, I'll visit them again. Worth it for three hours in the car.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
HI, and thank you for asking this question. Unfortunately I cannot be of much assistance. I got fitted at a bike shop that specializes in tri bikes and let them fit me and sell me a bike. This was way back in 2015. I went to Fit Werx in Peabody, MA (pronounced 'PEE-biddy'). When the times comes for a new tri bike, I'll visit them again. Worth it for three hours in the car.
pee buddy

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
pee b'dee

thanks for the note. I am quite happy on my road bike (571mm TT) but of course a TT bike is a different beast. I know there is some adjustability but most available info suggests going a size down, or 2cm off your road bike. I don't see why I couldn't take the same size and shorten the stem 20mm or adjust the armrests down as @gonefirefightin suggests, but I'm a dum dum when it comes to this stuff right now.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Last edited:

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Held moderate pace during a 2hr / 30mile ride yesterday, intentionally heading to some hill-area where other local BMX racers would sprint BITD. Also chose to fully descend to the lowest-point on a climb segment as opposed to holding my standard route from around 1/4 way up. 1.7miles and near 600' Giving thought to attempting to 'Everest' this segment, 50 laps and 85miles.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

42 freedoms this morning and the heater in the shed is doing it's thing. I will actually get stuff done today, might even get this task that's been "in process" for way too long done. Now for a raise, bitches.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
:wave:

Work and spending loads of money ordering house shit.

2018 was the summer of house projects for us. New siding, new garage doors, new windows and a new front door (still haven't done the deck but we did do the pole barn too). We did it ourselves and saved a ton! If you're handy and your house isn't too old (non-custom size windows and level) then it's fairly easy to do yourself (if you have 2-3 solid helpers....windows are heavy and hard to get up a 30 foot ladder without 2 people or a lift).

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
2018 was the summer of house projects for us. New siding, new garage doors, new windows and a new front door (still haven't done the deck but we did do the pole barn too). We did it ourselves and saved a ton! If you're handy and your house isn't too old (non-custom size windows and level) then it's fairly easy to do yourself (if you have 2-3 solid helpers....windows are heavy and hard to get up a 30 foot ladder without 2 people or a lift).
That's probably going to be the route I go. My dad is local and had done a bunch of window replacements, @CrabJoe StretchPants has been a huge help, and my FIL is close too. At that point it's just a battle to see who goes up on the ladder, the old guys or the young guys who are scared of heights.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
That's probably going to be the route I go. My dad is local and had done a bunch of window replacements, @CrabJoe StretchPants has been a huge help, and my FIL is close too. At that point it's just a battle to see who goes up on the ladder, the old guys or the young guys who are scared of heights.
When I was a customs builder for Pozzi, I was amazed at the markup for anything. Ended up doing field work on customs and found that to be even more of a racket.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
When I was a customs builder for Pozzi, I was amazed at the markup for anything. Ended up doing field work on customs and found that to be even more of a racket.
Dude looked at the bay window and was like, "That's a $10K window right there!" Starting going on about LVL headers and elevator cables.

I'll be properly fucked if I spend $10K replacing ONE stupid window. I could pour a pad, build a small bump out off the house and put a new bay window in for half that.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Cold as fuck. I took this after I'd been up for over an hour.
Screenshot_20220203-071410.png

@Sandwich After IAB, I probably have the most time on a TT bike than anybody here, even @6thElement. I had an XXL 2012 Spec Transition and it honestly felt small still. Previously I had a Look TT (vintage 2006-ish), largest size, which was small, but not bad. I was also 45# lighter and way more flexible, so less back arch issues.

In both cases, the best thing I had done was go into a shop that specialized in triathlon or TT and had a long conversation with someone who had been racing either for a very long time. I rode a lot of different bikes before I found one that fit me well and was in my budget. It's hard to buy one based off numbers, if you don't know what your numbers should be.

Renewal by Andersen is not Andersen. The quite for 8 windows + install at MIL1's condo, in CA, was $11k. Talk to a normal contractor or buy them and do your own install. You can likely get a person from the window builder to come measure for you.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
@Sandwich After IAB, I probably have the most time on a TT bike than anybody here, even @6thElement. I had an XXL 2012 Spec Transition and it honestly felt small still. Previously I had a Look TT (vintage 2006-ish), largest size, which was small, but not bad. I was also 45# lighter and way more flexible, so less back arch issues.

In both cases, the best thing I had done was go into a shop that specialized in triathlon or TT and had a long conversation with someone who had been racing either for a very long time. I rode a lot of different bikes before I found one that fit me well and was in my budget. It's hard to buy one based off numbers, if you don't know what your numbers should be.
I know that's what I should do, but I don't have any good tri shops around here and certainly none that are worth visiting. I'll get stem-mount aero bars and blip shifters for my current road bike (for $200) if I can't find a shitty old quintana roo for $500....I will never be a great time trialist but there's a local 8 mile TT that could be fun on a random wednesday night

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I probably have the most time on a TT bike than anybody here, even @6thElement.
I have a combined zero minutes on a TT bike.

The photo I posted above is my 29er when it had aero bars for Tour Divide.