Quantcast

♌︎◆︎⧫︎⧫︎⬧︎ technically thursday GMT ♌︎◆︎⧫︎⧫︎⬧︎

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Youngest son tested covid positive yesterday. He was way to energetic yesterday but to not so much but not sick like a dog with the flu like we both were in December.

Yet, another organizational change in the company. It seems like a lot of people like this. Maybe there are some good course in business school I missed :-)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I know that's what I should do, but I don't have any good tri shops around here and certainly none that are worth visiting. I'll get stem-mount aero bars and blip shifters for my current road bike (for $200) if I can't find a shitty old quintana roo for $500....I will never be a great time trialist but there's a local 8 mile TT that could be fun on a random wednesday night
A TT bike will push your front end lower and further out. You'll probably want to get a second post with a TT saddle. The soft nose with keep your boys happy.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
I know that's what I should do, but I don't have any good tri shops around here and certainly none that are worth visiting. I'll get stem-mount aero bars and blip shifters for my current road bike (for $200) if I can't find a shitty old quintana roo for $500....I will never be a great time trialist but there's a local 8 mile TT that could be fun on a random wednesday night
Have never ridden in TT position but have learned that the era in which the bikes you're considering were in use, the riding position was vastly different than now. Today the position of the arms is given the most focus with their ability to hold the upper-back in a rounded shape across the shoulders and - don't quote me - like 90° to 100° of arch along the back. Bikes today are not as low slung, you can probably find some TT Teams having 24" front wheels during the particular era.

Ideally you're going to be more forward, like riding on the nose of the saddle on a road bike for efficiencies sake. Even w/o ever trying, I know I would have to be on a smaller size frame than either my road or gravel frames if riding in TT.

I created a segment before I left Florida which was near to the TT training-standard of 20min /10mile and was completely straight. Alot of work to hold an optimal aero position on a road bike for that long, but managed just under 29mph for 8.75miles Wattage average was maybe 580watts!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I had a company come give a quote to replace ONE STANDARD SIZED SET OF FRENCH DOORS this fall . . . $15K, but we can get a "discounted" price of $11K. GTFO and don't ever come back.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Why don't they just call them portes?
Yeah, portes tabarnak!

We did our entire house with tri-brides, argon, low-e, bunch of big ass windows and a 12 foot x 8 foot "porte patio" for $16k worht of Trudeau coins. Of course we did get those at cost and installed them ourselves.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
every day

im getting closer

to taking a bath

with a fucking toaster....

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
E2DECE54-01A1-47FE-B2D4-9A836EFAC740.jpeg

Gaht daaaymn weather mandated mask requirement is impedin mah freedom of frost biiiite.

Busy day plowing out older neighbors. I was supposed to “working” from home. Still snowing. I guess the wind is going to pick up at some point. Neat.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh, 39F and raining like hell into a foot of snow. Streets and sidewalks are draining poorly, it's a fucking ugly mess out there.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I'll get stem-mount aero bars and blip shifters for my current road bike (for $200) if I can't find a shitty old quintana roo for $500....I will never be a great time trialist but there's a local 8 mile TT that could be fun on a random wednesday night
I used TT bars on my regular road bike, shifted the setback seatpost with one with zero offset and pushed the saddle all to the front. I could not get as low as it was fashionable at that time, but today the more upright upper body seems to have proven faster anyway. Further, IDGAF when people teased me on the drop bar and external cables, that shit doesn't matter. Rider position, clothing, helmet, wheels is what gets you 90% there.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Broke my recent ride drought, thought I would be/was well off the pace after quite a while without a ‘real’ ride. However somehow PB’d my favourite top-to-bottom at Mākara and have the best time of 2022 by 40ish seconds, literally no idea how I did that, but pretty stoked. Having a post ride pickle beer. Apparently it has been super-popular, the brewery is having trouble keeping up.

D0E297F5-1291-4E08-A922-08965B5F111A.jpeg

E450FE2B-76DA-4283-B4E9-7A1071C42234.jpeg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still cold. My CO alarm decided to go off during my last call. That was fun.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I have a number of acquaintances that are SAR, Ski Potrol, Nurses, Paramedics, Firefighters, etc.
They had a fucked up day today.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey has been having issues with one of the owners in her building and it finally came to a head today. They had been spreading some false rumors about her company (all which make the resident look like a wonderful person) due to a previous situation that had arisen with them and today they sent an email out with a "copy/paste this portion and send it to [wifey & CEO]" segment in it, and it's brutal to them - probably real close to slander. There was already an attorney involved regarding the situation, which was relatively neutral and procedural, when this arose and they went crazy/drama queen.

So, guy is a giant asshole, Wifey was about to breakdown into tears, and his entire argument is "big, bad corporation is out to get me", where if you even listen to why the situation arose, it's because he caused it. I told them to get the attorney involved to write a statement detailing the entire situation, why it occured, how it can be (and is being) corrected, and any falsehoods in the email sent out by asshole resident. Wifey and CEO are generally non-confrontational, so it wasn't even on their radar.

Well, they got one and it was distributed by the attorney to all the owners in the building, directing all questions back to the attorney. The attorney has apparently gotten a few responses back already asking to clarify exactly what parts of the owner's email were even accurate. And a few scathing sociopaths who wrote emails threatening the attorney with false reviews on Yelp and other unpleasantries. Those ones sound like they'll be getting cease and desist orders shortly.

Wifey has gotten a few emails that were sent by other owners to all owners, ripping this guy to shit. He wants to be HOA president, control everything, and maintain this image of perfection. And his arrogance was just laid waste by a 2 page legal statement undermining everything he has said, including boldfaced lying to other owners. I really hope this guy gets ostracized out of the building...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So, I have a number of acquaintances that are SAR, Ski Potrol, Nurses, Paramedics, Firefighters, etc.
They had a fucked up day today.
Ugh. That's a rough day. My best friend is up there for his honeymoon right now. Guess it's time to check in on him.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
When I was a customs builder for Pozzi, I was amazed at the markup for anything. Ended up doing field work on customs and found that to be even more of a racket.
This sounds like part of Kevin Spacey's narrative in The Usual Suspects.