Quantcast

♌︎◆︎⧫︎⧫︎⬧︎ technically thursday GMT ♌︎◆︎⧫︎⧫︎⬧︎

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Moonfall: quite stupid! but I was entertained despite its lack of craft. Or good writing even. MOONcraft.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Took the snow off only to discover a 1/2 inch of ice underneath on the Car. I decided to go back inside and have some Progresso Lentil soup with saltines. Got a good workout shoveling snow. Got my heart rate up dragging the trash bins down the snow-covered driveway.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I used TT bars on my regular road bike, shifted the setback seatpost with one with zero offset and pushed the saddle all to the front. I could not get as low as it was fashionable at that time, but today the more upright upper body seems to have proven faster anyway. Further, IDGAF when people teased me on the drop bar and external cables, that shit doesn't matter. Rider position, clothing, helmet, wheels is what gets you 90% there.
This has been the internal debate I've been having. I have a nice, aero, comfortable road bike. 50mm wheels, AXS shifters, and a two-position seatpost. I can probably throw on a tri saddle, clip on aero bars, and axs blips and get a fairly aero position...but I'd have to do that every time I wanted to ride TT style. I was hoping I could find an old junker, but no luck.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
This has been the internal debate I've been having. I have a nice, aero, comfortable road bike. 50mm wheels, AXS shifters, and a two-position seatpost. I can probably throw on a tri saddle, clip on aero bars, and axs blips and get a fairly aero position...but I'd have to do that every time I wanted to ride TT style. I was hoping I could find an old junker, but no luck.
On my bike it was a thing of 20 minutes to get it set up for TT. But it was in the old days with round bars, so you could just bolt the TT bars on after you had initially found the perfect setup.