Quantcast

《《《 Sunday GMT 》》》

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sup.

430 was apparently the time I was destined to wake up this morning. Don't even have a bike ride to look forward to, as it rained yesterday and the trails are liable to be in some fragile, gooey icey state. Boo.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Legs are still hurting from the ride yesterday... was also having some knee pain and I think maybe it could be attributed to the gravel bike isn't level on the trainer, so the fit is off and putting some stress where it shouldn't be. I guess it could also be the nature of riding on a trainer (pedaling for 30-60 minutes straight with no "coasting") could just be putting some undo stress on muscles causing them to tighten up and make with the knee pain as well. Could also be that I just need to implement some stretching/rolling into my life to keep things more limber.

Anycrap, the skis are staged at the back door, ready to load up and head out. Just gotta finish breakfast, walk the dogs, and I'm out. Probably gonna be stuck as part of traffic, but IDGAF because all I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz... and I'm fine.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Holy fuck am I sore this morning. Core and back are reminding me that skiing isn't just a leg workout.

Errands throughout today with the girls.

Need to pick up a water-powered scrub brush so I can use it in conjunction with my power washer. The Subaru has a box, so I have to wash it at power washer self-service car wash. No point in not just washing it at home and not paying $20 every week to wash it. And then, time to wash a car in 40* outside temp. Fun.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. $700 poorer via vet bill for middle cat (fever, labs, subq fluids, antibiotics). REI returns later.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Holy fuck am I sore this morning. Core and back are reminding me that skiing isn't just a leg workout.

Need to pick up a water-powered scrub brush so I can use it in conjunction with my power washer. The Subaru has a box, so I have to wash it at power washer self-service car wash. No point in not just washing it at home and not paying $20 every week to wash it. And then, time to wash a car in 40* outside temp. Fun.
You could just take the cargo box off.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

I use the brush at the DIY carwash, like twice a season.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Hey isn't Toshi the king of REI returns or something? I think I might have returned 5 items total in my entire lifetime.

Espresso then do an oil change on the truck followed by moving it out to the street. Windstorm predicted this afternoon with gusts to 50mph. So the street is probably the best place with the least chance of falling tree branches hitting it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
GOOD MORNING!! ROFL! I ran 10 miles on the trusty rail trail this morning. I feel lucky to have that available to me. The only problem is that it's flat as hell, so if I want hills I need to hit the roads and I hate cars. cool story, bro. Gyro for lunch!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Still frozen with the sun peaking through the clouds. Put another rear tire on as the Schwalbe MM had no grip anymore although still 2/3 of the thread is left. Funnily, the 10 year-old, fairly worn UST casing Maxxis DHR in ST has more grip then the Schwalbe. Guess which tire is in the bin now. ;)
But boy, was seating an UST tire on a regular rim with a tube in a bitch. On the upside, the tire has grip and because of the thicker casing (DH vs. SG) feels so much better in the rock gardens. Too bad Maxxis stopped selling UST casing tires.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hey isn't Toshi the king of REI returns or something? I think I might have returned 5 items total in my entire lifetime.

Espresso then do an oil change on the truck followed by moving it out to the street. Windstorm predicted this afternoon with gusts to 50mph. So the street is probably the best place with the least chance of falling tree branches hitting it.
These aren’t 10 year old hiking boots or the like (as I’d see at the garage sale before they changed their rule and rightfully so to 1 year).

Things returned today:

- XL MIPS ski helmet that was just too heavy and bulky, used once
- Zippo power pack/handwarmer thing (bought because @Full Trucker spoke highly of a similar thing on a cold Loveland day about which he posted) that just frankly wasn’t that warm at all and thus not useful, used once
- two unopened fuzzy balaclavas, wrong non-over-the-helmet size
- unopened flashing taillight for commuter bike, forgotten since fall on my workbench––guess I really didn’t need it after all

And then I gave some of that money right back to them by impulse purchasing super fuzzy jackets for kids 1 and 2, because super fuzzy.

4EBA2F47-2C1C-4773-8AAB-79C317381CD1.jpeg

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Beside som small 22mm i found this in the basement left from the previous owner. The police came and picked them up. Cleaning up the basement as the renovation starts tomorrow. Last part of the house not touched since takeover.

84172CDD-8D11-4423-93C0-C44700EC25AB.jpeg

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Some of the SG Schwalbes and the studded Wrathchilds are similarly fun to install. The Cushcore tire lever makes this nightmare bearable, get one.
No, installation was easy. But when airing the tire up the bead would not snap into the hook.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It's a good thing I only do this every 9-12 months ( mileage and heavy towing dependent), 13.5 quarts of Full synthetic Rotella T6 oil and a oil filter $140.00

Only took me about 20 minutes to do it
Where do you purchase your oil? My truck takes 12 qts, Rotella T6 full synthetic 5W-40, and that usually only runs $65 +/- $5 (through Amazon). Call it $15 for a filter and its $80 total for the oil change.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I built a rack for my cargo box that's about car roof height, so I don't have to lift it from the ground.

How is someone supposed to express themselves as outdoorsy and adventurous with out a box permanently attached to their Subaru. I hope it has appropriately branded stickers on it.