Quantcast

へ( ●`ㅅ Already stuck in traffic Saturday GMT `☆)ლ

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
It’s fye vay ehm and I feel like a sack of hammered assholes. Must be time to go skiing. I’m already stuck in traffic. Coffee me nao.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Stayed in Frisco last night. 6 minutes to Copper this morning. Now sitting hooked up to a ChargePoint umbilical in my nice warm car, boot bag plugged in.

First lift is 8 am (American Eagle only, Premier pass perk) so I shall veg here for a half hour more yet.

Roads don’t look pretty at this hour for laggards from Denver:

35C4C179-5FDD-4EC8-8844-517C95C10358.png

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
To you Colorado folks. How are the slopes once you get on the mountain? I always here about crowds, backups on 70, etc. Seems like a lot of work to ski with a shit ton of other assholes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Headed back to Canaderp. At least there is a nice drive through NC, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia before hitting boring Pennsylvania and New York.

Fingers crossed for no snow blowing across from Lake Erie....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It’s fye vay ehm and I feel like a sack of hammered assholes. Must be time to go skiing. I’m already stuck in traffic. Coffee me nao.
We crossed 70 at 6:30 and traffic was slow all the way through Empire. Some shit was going down at the bridge on the other side because five State Troopers came hauling ass West and there were about a dozen there when we pulled off.

I'm currently sitting in the cafeteria at Winter Park working on bills/Mint while Haley skis. Hannah woke up four times last night, so I'm fucking exhausted and don't think skiing would be a good idea. I'm behind on my Mint anyways, so it's time to get caught up; I'll take it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
To you Colorado folks. How are the slopes once you get on the mountain? I always here about crowds, backups on 70, etc. Seems like a lot of work to ski with a shit ton of other assholes.
Granted, I'm much further south than the Denver folks, but as a general rule, I do not ski on weekends. Fuck everything about the I70 corridor, and screw those crowds. Most of these problems are resolved by visiting ski areas with less :monocle: status on off days, but this gets hard with work/kid schedules. I would never hit anything up that way on a holiday weekend.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This is for the Denver-area resorts. Aspen, Steamboat, Monarch, etc are all beyond 70-corridor.

- Winter Park/Mary Jane is pretty thin right now and even full season is the thinnest of the resort mountains. It's not near anything, as you peel off way before the tunnels and go north over Berthoud Pass. On the way home, when you merge back into 70 it's right at the beginning of the toll lane, so you can drop into that thoroughfare for $7 if you are willing to spend the money to save 20-30min.

- Copper and WP/MJ are on Ikon Pass, so you get some crossover, but Copper is true resort and more lodging is available in Silverthorne/Breck/Frisco, so that crowd goes there

- Loveland is always pretty thin, but it's also a really spartan mountain, so you don't get a lot of the 'I want a resort' folk and their pass only works there.

- A-Basin flipped into that category this year because they aren't on the Epic (Vail, Breck, Keystone, Beaver) Pass anymore.

- Epic Pass is a god damned clusterfuck and including Copper are all on the other side of the tunnels, so it's a massive pinch point on the way home especially. I refuse to acknowledge the existence of Epic resorts at this point because of how crowded they are and the tunnel traffic.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, superstars. Busy morning for me. 4 mile treadmill run, 60 minute TrainerRoad workout, and grocery shopping in between. Now tending to the mountain of laundry.

Two more sleeps on our 24 year old mattress until the new one arrives Monday. I am oddly excited about this.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Rode the local trails. Just about freezing temps, strong wind and fairly muddy. Fun was had.
Encountered 3 e-mopeds and 3 MTB-ers. WTF is going on, did everybody get e-mopeds for Christmas? :rant:
Ran into one of the local trail builders in charge. He was building a small hip jump and I helped until we needed to leave because of low light. Nearly done though.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
somebody just decided to pull the fire alarm in the main restaurant at the base. Glad I had a nice comfortable spot with a plug at it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ended up at the indoor trampoline place with the 9yo and his friend. they did many flips. i was pleased to see that they finally realized the value of adding a bar for parents, and took full advantage.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
@stoney Copper is Ikon/Alterra, not Epic. But yes, everything is beyond the tunnel for Epic now.

@Dirtrider :

On the slopes is not so bad. Weekends, especially holiday weekends are a traffic and parking shitshow, though. Lift lines are variable by resort. Pretty bad at base of Copper/Breck/Vail and the like… which is why I did Copper this year as they have their Premier Pass perk, which lets one cut lines, more or less. Me likey.

Is it worth it for me on weekdays? Definitely yes. Is it worth it on the weekends? Yes, but that’s largely because that’s when the kids can get their time on the slopes in.

Related, from earlier today:

6026A435-06A8-4C86-A96D-FD6601C14D3C.jpeg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney Copper is Ikon/Alterra, not Epic. But yes, everything is beyond the tunnel for Epic now.
You don't say?

- Copper and WP/MJ are on Ikon Pass, so you get some crossover, but Copper is true resort and more lodging is available in Silverthorne/Breck/Frisco, so that crowd goes there

- Epic Pass is a god damned clusterfuck and including Copper are all on the other side of the tunnels, ...
Copper referenced in inclusion of the far side of tunnels, but separate from Epic...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You don't say?

Copper referenced in inclusion of the far side of tunnels, but separate from Epic...
I realized that you had used awkward language that way after I posted. “Epic is all on the far side of the tunnel. Copper, which is not Epic, is similarly on the far side.”

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Productive day.

Started pan frying chicken “tender” cuts lately. Pretty east prep and clean. Add a bit of Penzy’s Galena Street Rub and boom! Instant upgrade from meh to okay.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@Dirtrider...anything is good compared to the carnage of sugar on a president's day weekend! :rofl:

took all our gear for wax/edge, as i decided i was too lazy to do it myself. plans for tonight include: sushi. tuning le bike. and drinking some founders imperial stout.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Drank a lot of bourbon last night.
Shot a lot of ammo this afternoon.
Xmas tree on curb, making chicken soup.
Should probably resume drinking.