Quantcast

ヽ(´・`)ノ Thursderpen ヽ(´・`)ノ

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Today is the day I go to work but also the day I leave work early and build mountain bike trails. Trying to finish the rough-in on a new 1.5 mile coaster trail. It'll end at the trailhead so that is a dream.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Sorta busy day, drove lots and got lucky with three broken screws, they all came out with some LH drill, heat and Ezy out action.
PXL_20231116_021806529.jpg

Did kill a brand new solid carbide drill though.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Couple of bruins came through last night and wrecked whatever seed was left in the bird feeders. Well, and the feeders themselves too. Cheeky little buggers.

Guess I gotta go fix the fence and some feeders.

Screenshot_20231116_065943_eufy Security.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Work all day. Colleague texted me last night that an all-hands team meeting was scheduled mid-day today. No warning and for no apparent reason. There are a few things that could be issues, none of which are good, so this should be fun. :popcorn:

Board meeting for karting club last night. The attendance was interesting - about 1/3 parents from the jr1/micro/mini classes (7-12y/o), 1/3 from the elite group all classes, and 1/3 mixed bag. There is a really big question as to what classes are going to grow going forward, because there will be 4-5 kids getting into the Jr Rotax class (Micro>Mini>Jr Rotax) within 2-3 years. The motor can keep getting carried forward and is more resilient than the current 2-stroke, so it's cheaper. But it will force a large number of people to choose between two classes that directly compete with each other, but not against each other. Should be interesting.

Lightheaded since yesterday evening for whatever reason. :wave:
Dr. It's not a bad thing.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello
interview presentation today and then a second round phone screen/interview...maybe? then I'm hopping on the now-heavy MTB and ducking into some trails.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
So I set up my old bike last night for a friend who’s interested in buying it, and he’s really excited about it. I did a bunch of looking at comparable bikes on Pinkbike, CL, and Facebook Marketplace to come up with a fair price. But when when discussing price, he basically said whatever I settle on as a fair amount he trusts me. Dammit man, that’s some kinda pressure! I don’t want to take a bunch less than what the bike is worth, but I also don’t want him to blow his (wife’s) budget or feel like he got an unfair deal. And it’s a pile of money, he hasn’t bought a new bike in 8 years. So I’ve been a little stressed about it. But this morning I remembered there’s a thing called Bicycle Blue Book, and a mechanic friend in town told me recently that its value finder is actually pretty spot on. So I checked the bike I’m selling, and lo and behold it’s giving a value a few hundred higher than what my “market research” value was. So, I’m happy with that number and it gives me confidence my buddy is getting a fair deal. I know… cool story bro.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Teh cat appears to have layed on the keyboard on my laptop and somehow changed the colour theme and turned on high contrast mode. Wheres the undo button?

Coffee'ing it now. Pretty tired today, eh.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The wife is a hot mess trying to make sure everything is ready before we leave tomorrow and she's freaking out. She is the oldest in her family so she feels compelled to plan and organize everything. I, on the other hand am the baby who never did anything or have say in anything. As if I had a choice in my birth order, but she still finds it unfair. :rofl:

Gotta get a hair cut, hit the weed store and I'm ready to go.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello all

WFH today. should be chill.

shall drop off and pick up my Baby Aya via cargo bike, and drop off a full Land Cruiser load of excess recycling during the day here and there. also will run some Oh Yuk hot tub cleaner through the jets on both the hot tub and jetted tub upstairs for an hour if that arrives during the day.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
1st work moment coming up - eating Holiday Inn breakfast with an Australian and an Italian who are in town to "see the sights". They both work in the fruit storage industries and have explained that my region is hands down the global leader in refrigeration and storage technology. Theres more fruit storage in one facility here than in all of Australia. These guys are a good time. The Australian has a bunch of my equipment in use down under. It'd be fun to go see my instruments in use in Aussie land.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So I set up my old bike last night for a friend who’s interested in buying it, and he’s really excited about it. I did a bunch of looking at comparable bikes on Pinkbike, CL, and Facebook Marketplace to come up with a fair price. But when when discussing price, he basically said whatever I settle on as a fair amount he trusts me. Dammit man, that’s some kinda pressure! I don’t want to take a bunch less than what the bike is worth, but I also don’t want him to feel like he got an unfair deal. And it’s a pile of money, he hasn’t bought a new bike in 8 years. So I’ve been a little stressed about it. But this morning I remembered there’s a thing called Bicycle Blue Book, and a mechanic friend in town told me recently that its value finder is actually pretty spot on. So I checked the bike I’m selling, and lo and behold it’s giving a value a few hundred higher than what my “market research” value was. So, I’m happy with that number and it gives me confidence my buddy is getting a fair deal. I know… cool story bro.
'Karma Price Is Best Price' in these situations!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dammit, the barber doesn't open until 8 now, WTF. I might try to score a cut tomorrow, ugh. Weed store doesn't open until 9, so I will go after my 9:30 stand up that I am seated for. I hope eventually folks here will grasp the concept of the stand up meeting even though we are all remote and likely sitting. It should still be a sub 15 minute meeting.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
'Karma Price Is Best Price' in these situations!
Agreed. We settled on a price nearly $1k lower than BBB, and anywhere from $500-1500 lower than what other similar SB130s are being listed for on PB, CL, and FB. He’s a good dude, a friend, and I got a great deal on that bike and my new one so I don’t *need* to squeeze every penny out of it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
after 4 days of getting up at 0345 hitting the road no later than 0430 and driving 12 hours each day it felt so good to sleep in until 0730 this morning and not have to go anywhere. Savoring my espresso and slowly figuring out the plan to remove all the crap out of the truck and camper then clean out 16 days of dog hair, dirt and grime. Truck also needs an oil change