Quantcast

︎◆︎⧫︎⧫︎ How much Butt could Pete Buttigieg Gieg if Pete Buttigieg could Gieg Butt?︎◆︎⧫︎⧫︎ FRIDAY GMT

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

I've got nothing. Well, other than anxiety, that's always whispering in my ear.

EDIT: Fun fact, my company makes machines that shoot lasers at vaginas.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I've got something, 20 inches of snow that is. Today will consist mostly of digging out.
I know I have a big white van somewhere...

I've got something, 20 inches of snow that is. Today will consist mostly of digging out.
I know I have a big white van somewhere...
Get out your ladder!

We got a bunch of rain, a dusting of snow, and now we are to have cold for three or four days.

In other news, our DSL "service's" download rate is allegedly to rise from 3 mbps to a stunning 10 mbps. And the Sprinter is now a WiFi hot spot.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Not thrilled about life today...but ironically I had a colleague who bailed out on this company to join another one reach out to me that they are hiring. #timing

Looking forward to riding bikes this weekend. And drinking beer. I LIKE BEER

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wooo, friday.

Back at work after 4 days of training. Let's see how much bullshit has piled up in my absence.

Going with the lady friend tomorrow to pickup a new Tacoma.

Can't wait for a beer tonight!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
new job time already?
Might be. I left my old job as I found the lack of guidance difficult to succeed with. Had nobody to rely on to guide projects or even ask simple questions. This new position is pure micromanagement though, with a young PHD that went from post doc to 7 direct reports in two years...not a good mix. I'm also finding that HR is full of shit and they successfully lowballed me on a phony promise. Not a good look.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Looking forward to getting out of work so I can go home and.... work on the house.....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was 20 minutes late to work because a new-looking Mercedes was just sitting there dead in the passing lane of the highway, causing a two mile backup. Fuck you and your Mercedeses!!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Might be. I left my old job as I found the lack of guidance difficult to succeed with. Had nobody to rely on to guide projects or even ask simple questions. This new position is pure micromanagement though, with a young PHD that went from post doc to 7 direct reports in two years...not a good mix. I'm also finding that HR is full of shit and they successfully lowballed me on a phony promise. Not a good look.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Back home after four days in Cabo with the wife all on the company dime.

I just deleted 100+ of the ~500 unread emails in my inbox, I should probably read some of the rest at some point.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I hear I have yet again been extended another month. While I appreciate the money, there isn't a lot for me until the dude who's job I am automating documents what he actually does.

I know he hasn't because he doesn't actually do anything, but nobody has really noticed before. They just assumed since he always seems busy, that he was being productive. :rofl:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Back home after four days in Cabo with the wife all on the company dime.

I just deleted 100+ of the ~500 unread emails in my inbox, I should probably read some of the rest at some point.
Someone has been invited to a President's club? :D

Morning. I am no longer so sure about this new work thing. People have phony titles, phds on their first job after graduation calling the shots because founders, and really weird shots at that. I report to the CEO because he wants change but that likely won't happen without a major redistribution of power that they just may not have the appetite for.

I need to ride some bikes this weekend.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My son just left for the hospital, for what is hopefully his last scope. teachers are on strike, so my other son is at home. I am (trying to) wfh. I think I'm going rhum and coke at lunch today.

one of the best parts of wfh is that I have access to my fancy espresso machine all day. I tend to go from my usual 3 espressos a day to 5 or so. so yummy.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is a midday beer frowned upon?
Yeah unfortunately they have a zero tolerance policy here. Something to do with safety around the machinery in the plant and getting your shirt stuck in the paper shredder? IDK.

That rule seems to be ignored the day before christmas break, though.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Yeah unfortunately they have a zero tolerance policy here. Something to do with safety around the machinery in the plant and getting your shirt stuck in the paper shredder? IDK.

That rule seems to be ignored the day before christmas break, though.
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
TGIF. This week seemed to drag ass. Looks like a chilly day today and tomorrow and low 60s Sunday onward. Gonna work on the van and get a ride in this weekend.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello. Concert to perform in tonight, another one tomorrow night, and then Maui time for a week.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I was 20 minutes late to work because a new-looking Mercedes was just sitting there dead in the passing lane of the highway, causing a two mile backup. Fuck you and your Mercedeses!!!
That's when you use your horn and don't let up until he realizes he's a cunt.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Waiting for panicked calls and emails, but none yet. This makes me think that I have done a good job preparing people for the shit-show. Working on presentations and reporting otherwise today.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Hot damn... just pulled an excellent espresso. excellent. light, sweet and bright, with only a hint of bitterness in the aftertaste.

the chinese knock-off leveler I bought is making a way bigger difference than I ever expected. I guess because the bed of grounds is evenly compacted and perfectly level, the water can go through it evenly. it's honestly a thing of beauty. I can't get enough of watching the coffee bubble through the naked portafilter... I'll try and get a picture for my afternoon espresso...