Quantcast

︎◆︎⧫︎⧫︎ How much Butt could Pete Buttigieg Gieg if Pete Buttigieg could Gieg Butt?︎◆︎⧫︎⧫︎ FRIDAY GMT

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I think dead means that it was done broked.
Dead car, not dead person. Although I suppose it could be a dead person, and then my post here would make me look like a total asshole. The hazard lights were on though so if the driver experienced some sort of fatal health problem, he/she most likely would not have the capacity to turn on the hazards. Anyway, milk chocolate > dark chocolate.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dead car, not dead person. Although I suppose it could be a dead person, and then my post here would make me look like a total asshole. The hazard lights were on though so if the driver experienced some sort of fatal health problem, he/she most likely would not have the capacity to turn on the hazards. Anyway, milk chocolate > dark chocolate.
Gas. Even new cars need gas.

I thought they were just cruising at dead slow speed in the left lane. That involves lots of horn because last time I checked, you Outback doesn't have fuck you speed.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Gas. Even new cars need gas.

I thought they were just cruising at dead slow speed in the left lane. That involves lots of horn because last time I checked, you Outback doesn't have fuck you speed.
Another possibility is that it has been remotely disabled by the repo man for missed payments.

:D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If by milk chocolate he means that Hershey crap that smells like cheesy feet he should be banned twice.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am working on a Hammond's Toffee Brittle bar. It is made with dark chocolate, which I knew when I bought it. I don't dislike dark chocolate, I'm just saying milk chocolate is better, and chocolate toffee is awesome.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
People who prefer dark chocolate remind me of Flat Earthers. No matter what you tell them and despite all evidence to the contrary, they will always believe they are right.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My son just left for the hospital, for what is hopefully his last scope. teachers are on strike, so my other son is at home. I am (trying to) wfh.
just heard from my wife, doc says my son is all healed up! fukin A!!!
I think I'm going rhum and coke at lunch today.
well that was a good idea!
Hot damn... just pulled an excellent espresso. excellent. light, sweet and bright, with only a hint of bitterness in the aftertaste.

the chinese knock-off leveler I bought is making a way bigger difference than I ever expected. I guess because the bed of grounds is evenly compacted and perfectly level, the water can go through it evenly. it's honestly a thing of beauty. I can't get enough of watching the coffee bubble through the naked portafilter... I'll try and get a picture for my afternoon espresso...
crummy pic taken with my phone. this shot pulled a little too fast, but you get the idea!
1582915663730.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hot damn... just pulled an excellent espresso. excellent. light, sweet and bright, with only a hint of bitterness in the aftertaste.

the chinese knock-off leveler I bought is making a way bigger difference than I ever expected. I guess because the bed of grounds is evenly compacted and perfectly level, the water can go through it evenly. it's honestly a thing of beauty. I can't get enough of watching the coffee bubble through the naked portafilter... I'll try and get a picture for my afternoon espresso...
i've been curious about levelers, wondering if they're worthwhile. which one do you have? are you using a bottomless PF?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
i've been curious about levelers, wondering if they're worthwhile. which one do you have? are you using a bottomless PF?
Yeah, I've been really impressed with the leveler. like I said I think it prepares the puck really well. plus it makes it consistent, so that helps take a variable out of the equation. I have this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01NAQ0YO5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

yes to the bottomless PF. I just like watching the coffee "be born" (as it were...) :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, I've been really impressed with the leveler. like I said I think it prepares the puck really well. plus it makes it consistent, so that helps take a variable out of the equation. I have this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01NAQ0YO5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

yes to the bottomless PF. I just like watching the coffee "be born" (as it were...) :D
so it levels + tamps? how long did it take you to get the height set properly for your grind weight?

also, that's a fancy looking machine, but can't tell which one.

i just got a new machine a few weeks ago, will probably get a bottomless pf once i get a proper grinder.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
so it levels + tamps? how long did it take you to get the height set properly for your grind weight?

also, that's a fancy looking machine, but can't tell which one.

i just got a new machine a few weeks ago, will probably get a bottomless pf once i get a proper grinder.
Quick Mill QM67. it's great. I have a Compak k3 touch. It's also solid. Just be very careful not to cross thread the burr assembly... :/

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Quick Mill QM67. it's great. I have a Compak k3 touch. It's also solid. Just be very careful not to cross thread the burr assembly... :/
nice. i just got a gaggia classic. someday i'll get something super monocle, but for my skillz right now this gives me plenty of opportunity to learn and improve. plus given the age of the platform there are lots of available mods/upgrades for it.