Quantcast

︎◆︎⧫︎⧫︎ How much Butt could Pete Buttigieg Gieg if Pete Buttigieg could Gieg Butt?︎◆︎⧫︎⧫︎ FRIDAY GMT

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hmmm...bossman showed up at my building today and told me that my title will be changing - basically adding senior to my existing one...he's just waiting for the budget approval for it. Does that mean a raise is coming this way?

Also its Friday afternoon, so of course right now is a fabulous time to attempt to upgrade my laptop from Windows 1607 LTSB to 1909. I expect it to go up in flames, in which case I shall leave for beers. :D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Hmmm...bossman showed up at my building today and told me that my title will be changing - basically adding senior to my existing one...he's just waiting for the budget approval for it. Does that mean a raise is coming this way?
He must be aware of your impending wedding, mortgage, kids, mid-life crisis, etc. Sounds like a concerned boss.

Also its Friday afternoon, so of course right now is a fabulous time to attempt to upgrade my laptop from Windows 1607 LTSB to 1909. I expect it to go up in flames, in which case I shall leave for beers. :D
1909 works fine...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
how many cakes could pete bootycakes bake it pete's booty could

Follow up: the leveler levels and tamps?
Sorry, forgot about that part. Yes it does. technically, that's not what it was designed to do, but it accomplishes the task quite well. In fact, better than my tamp. So I'm really impressed with it.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, doesn't matter which if it has High Fructose Corn Syrup added to it because it's Crap* !

*said in Mike Myers Scottish accent
99% cocoa, yo.

He must be aware of your impending wedding, mortgage, kids, mid-life crisis, etc. Sounds like a concerned boss.
What you think doesn't matter here. It's what she thinks, my bro-tato
:stupid:

@canadmos better starts saving for the ring of diminished power from @AMS ASAP. :D

And, don't forget
2020-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4535996)
2020-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 (KB4537572)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
And, don't forget
2020-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4535996)
2020-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 (KB4537572)
It was still in place upgrading when I left. Hopefully it's not actually on fire right now??

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
how many cakes could pete bootycakes bake it pete's booty could

Follow up: the leveler levels and tamps?
Now that I'm back at home... I can answer more fulsomely.

Gaggia Classic is a nice machine. I assume you've found the home-barista.com forums? They're very serious over there... They also seem to like the Gaggia Classic, and people have shared many tips and tricks on it.

I think the most important part of any setup is the grinder. I'd invest in a good one now, and it'll carry you through whatever machine comes next. When I thought I'd borked my K3, I was looking at new grinders. I was leaning towards the Eureka Mignon Specialita. I felt like it has the right balance of features and simplicity, and good potential for long-term durability. It also sounds like it can be had for a decent price if you're patient.

I also found that a good shower screen and precision basket made a noticeable difference in coffee extraction. They're pretty simple "upgrades" and fairly inexpensive too, especially if you work it into the maintenance de routine (i.e. when it's time to replace the screen, upgrade). But that leveler brought it all together. I didn't buy it to replace my tamper, but found that with a bit of adjustments in height, it works really well. Took me about 4-5 shots to get it where I wanted. I used to tamp after leveling, but found it wasn't necessary in the end.

Another little thing that made a big difference is a portafilter funnel. (I got this one). I thought it was stupid to buy one when I could use a cut out youghurt container. But this one fits on the rim of the portafilter and makes no mess.

Basically, when I make my coffee I weigh my beans and grind them into portafilter with the funnel on. I stir the grounds to break up the clumps, level (and tamp), lock in and pull the shot. the funnel and leveler have simplified the process, and made everything less messy. I like it.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Now that I'm back at home... I can answer more fulsomely.

Gaggia Classic is a nice machine. I assume you've found the home-barista.com forums? They're very serious over there... They also seem to like the Gaggia Classic, and people have shared many tips and tricks on it.

I think the most important part of any setup is the grinder. I'd invest in a good one now, and it'll carry you through whatever machine comes next. When I thought I'd borked my K3, I was looking at new grinders. I was leaning towards the Eureka Mignon Specialita. I felt like it has the right balance of features and simplicity, and good potential for long-term durability. It also sounds like it can be had for a decent price if you're patient.

I also found that a good shower screen and precision basket made a noticeable difference in coffee extraction. They're pretty simple "upgrades" and fairly inexpensive too, especially if you work it into the maintenance de routine (i.e. when it's time to replace the screen, upgrade). But that leveler brought it all together. I didn't buy it to replace my tamper, but found that with a bit of adjustments in height, it works really well. Took me about 4-5 shots to get it where I wanted. I used to tamp after leveling, but found it wasn't necessary in the end.

Another little thing that made a big difference is a portafilter funnel. (I got this one). I thought it was stupid to buy one when I could use a cut out youghurt container. But this one fits on the rim of the portafilter and makes no mess.

Basically, when I make my coffee I weigh my beans and grind them into portafilter with the funnel on. I stir the grounds to break up the clumps, level (and tamp), lock in and pull the shot. the funnel and leveler have simplified the process, and made everything less messy. I like it.
Heck, this deserves a bigger :fancy: