Quantcast

️️‍happy Friday you apes️

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Cute. Does it come in an adult version?
Sure:

Interesting note - these have a "Recco Reflector Inside" - I wonder if all the other beacon mfg'rs are doing this as well...

More interesting stuff down the "find my body" rabbit hole:

http://www.outsideoutfitters.com/p-48465-marmot-zodiac-recco-belt.aspx?variantID=199439&gclid=CjwKCAiAlL_UBRBoEiwAXKgW5yUcQaR0wkvfR58SFwl6uZKkvKlFF5__aCZSArWA_-3PwpvUF8gmMxoCVroQAvD_BwE

@Pesqueeb - might be a good way to get some peace-of-mind on the cheap?

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Sure:

Interesting note - these have a "Recco Reflector Inside" - I wonder if all the other beacon mfg'rs are doing this as well...

http://www.outsideoutfitters.com/p-48465-marmot-zodiac-recco-belt.aspx?variantID=199439&gclid=CjwKCAiAlL_UBRBoEiwAXKgW5yUcQaR0wkvfR58SFwl6uZKkvKlFF5__aCZSArWA_-3PwpvUF8gmMxoCVroQAvD_BwE

Big fan of RECCO, not that I've ever needed it. But, nearly all ski areas have the detectors, and a veritable crap-ton of winter outerwear for skiing/snowboarding has reflectors built right in. All my 'gucci shit does. Still doesn't replace a beacon and knowing how to use it, but for some piece of mind in knowing they'll likely find your carcass at a ski area you know... eventually, it's a'ight. :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
edit: I really want to pony up for a day of cat skiing.....
Relevant to the quoted post, FUFriday, and avy safety talk: I just got an invite to go cat skiing in late March up off Jones Pass with a couple friends who won 4 spots in a raffle at an avy awareness fundraiser last season. So. Stoked.

Official FU to @SkaredShtles @Toshi @Pesqueeb @Nick and any other jealous :monkey: ski friends

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Relevant to the quoted post, FUFriday, and avy safety talk: I just got an invite to go cat skiing in late March up off Jones Pass with a couple friends who won 4 spots in a raffle at an avy awareness fundraiser last season. So. Stoked.

Official FU to @SkaredShtles @Toshi @Pesqueeb @Nick and any other jealous :monkey: ski friends
I know one of the blokes that has an ownership stake in that company... I really oughta get hold of him. :brows:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sure:

I've also been eyeballing some pant upgrades. Seems a goodly portion of the newest, hot off the presses gear is coming with RECCO stuff.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I know one of the blokes that has an ownership stake in that company... I really oughta get hold of him. :brows:
Right? A day of cat skiing gets you... well... a whole day of cat skiing PLUS someone else's skis to smash into buried rocks, lunch, and beer.

@Nick while this is true, this is also true: http://www.recco.com/resorts-operations/all-recco-resorts and if you're skiing solo, ain't noone near you have a beacon to search for you because, well, you're skiing Han Solo.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hey stop pointing that finger at me, I swear it wasn't me!

I fumed at my manager today. Someone from our international IT team has shutoff our esxi hosts in our head office, which is where one of our network traffic monitoring tools are. Hey TOOLS, thanks for the notification before turning shit off. I'm glad I didn't try to use it today(I did)!!

On that note, I have put beering and bike maintenance first in line tonight before dinner. So far much success. Putting the Fox 36 on the Transition Scout. Gone be good!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
70* and much fun to be had deep in the other pisgah. too bad my legs hate me. did some exploring and some short classic routes. new bike is dope. not too low (heck, 2018 bike’s gonna be lower than a 2009 bike anyway, isn’t it?) and just a few pedal strikes. felt solid as heck taking rock drops at speed. prolly need to switch from 500# spring to 450#.

obligatory shot of the 2650b at the church of his holy gnarliness.
FDAC331C-1664-4CB8-9BE8-634837B2B891.jpeg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I went to my Garden Plot. it is in fine shape. Neighbors built a fence on the south facing side. The women I share it with is now in a Nursing Home. I am on my own. Permission to continue has been secured. My plan is to start my hot peppers early so they are somewhat mature during the heat of the summer. Last year I put the compost pile in a Apple Crate on a pallet. Worked like a champ. No robins or buds on the trees yet....