Quantcast

07 Enduro

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
thats what they should have done in the first place. but now it just looks like everything else out there.
i still love it

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
SXtrailrider said:
wow that is a great looking bike anyone know what the 07 SX trail looks like.

the argyle demo 7.
i think the 05/06 enduros went a little too far with the FR market and they are trying to bring it back to the AM name they're known for.

i think it doesnt look like anything special, just another 4 bar bike--im kinda disappointed.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Yeah, I must say it looks pretty vanilla. At least the lines are clean, but I'll miss the agressive look of the 05-06 models.

Chimponarope

Chimp
Feb 11, 2006
UK
Well I won't be swapping my 05 for the new one I think.

Looks like a step backwards to me, almost like that should be the xc model.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Dogboy said:
The chainstays aren't long, the seat tube is just swept forward for clearance making it appear that way.
They said the sesatstays look long, not the chainstays. :rolleyes:

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
that's just a terrible locking job on an unreleased bike. anyone with a three-way allen would be walking off with a lot of stuff.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
That bike looks cheap and easy, normally something I'd go in for... but not in a bike. Too bad, the Enduro's put out the last few years were pretty cool.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Looks like an FSR'd reign/coiler, I like it because it shows spec. is willing to swallow their pride and go with something that is more simple/light even if some see it as a step backwards in terms of aesthetics.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Awesome...They have the ability to make it a straight seat tube like my turner, yet they still manage to screw it up.

pbr

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
San Francisco
I've been pestering our Specialized rep, and the S-works Enduros have carbon ft triangles and are going light weight.. I heard something about 7" of travel too.. not sure what I think of 7" of carbon.. the resale value can't be good.

It looks like there is plenty of seat post. I get full leg extension on my 05 Enduro, although with a gravity dropper post, it doesn't matter to me as much anymore.

I'm looking forward to seeing the SX trail myself in Reno at the dealer launch..

be-radd

Chimp
May 31, 2004
O-town
to the carbon s-works enduro, i went to that SBCU class they give, most of it is marketing BS but i did learn a bunch about the s-works. they have been taking a s-works stumpy to the demo trails that apparently have built stunts and drops and what not and have been trying to brake the frame, which is full carbon, and they cant do it. i took one out my self and did a few drops and tried my hardest to brake somthing and to its prevail nothing happened. i have faith in their carbon so far. so a carbon enduro i think would be pretty cool.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The carbon part doesn't bother me, the design does.

That SBCU thing sucks, huh? I had to do the online "course" to get an EP...

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I like it, I've been riding the 6POINT and Type 6 for a while now and thats a fun type of bike. 6&6 baby. I'd like it more with a DRS but thats my personal taste :)

Dave

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
dw said:
I like it, I've been riding the 6POINT and Type 6 for a while now and thats a fun type of bike. 6&6 baby. I'd like it more with a DRS but thats my personal taste :)

Dave
So when are us Northeast monkey going to get a look at the 6point [he said anxiously]?

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
dogwonder said:
So when are us Northeast monkey going to get a look at the 6point [he said anxiously]?
Well, If you live up near Dave Smutok in VT, there's a chance you may catch a glimpse. (Dave is part of the newly formed WWC Product Development Group with Lars Tribus and Len Hornidge). Otherwise, I'd say keep your eyes peeled in the Soutwest of Canada for the month of July...

Dave

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
dw said:
Well, If you live up near Dave Smutok in VT, there's a chance you may catch a glimpse. (Dave is part of the newly formed WWC Product Development Group with Lars Tribus and Len Hornidge). Otherwise, I'd say keep your eyes peeled in the Soutwest of Canada for the month of July...

Dave
Not as close as I probably should be. Are there any protos kicking around IH in Islandia? May be going to the city some time soon...

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
dw said:

Dave
So, what you're saying is, go to crankworx?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I can't believe all the hate for the new design. Looks all right to me.
+More seat height range (always been a prob with Spec. bikes)
+more room for shock clearance
+simpler structure, which hopefully means less expensive to produce and maybe lighter.

This is an aggressive trailbike folks, not a freerider. It fits well with the upcoming Demo7 taking up the Gnar-Gnar market and lightening up the bike for the less gnarly (me)

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
I like the aesthetics of the 05/06 frame more but it would be nice if this is lighter... Even if it is cheaper to produce, the buyer probably won't see the difference.... Just more profit for the big S! They're already charging the price of an American made frame but paying the Taiwanese manufacturing costs...

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
coma13 said:
I like the aesthetics of the 05/06 frame more but it would be nice if this is lighter... Even if it is cheaper to produce, the buyer probably won't see the difference.... Just more profit for the big S! They're already charging the price of an American made frame but paying the Taiwanese manufacturing costs...
You're probably right, we wouldn't see a price difference most likely, but it would have a nicer parts mix I bet.

As far as the second part of your post here's my thoughts. Spec. frames have better build quality than you see out of most boutique bike frames, with a better warranty and a dealer network to support it. They are pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Zark said:
As far as the second part of your post here's my thoughts. Spec. frames have better build quality than you see out of most boutique bike frames, with a better warranty and a dealer network to support it. They are pricey, but you get what you pay for.
:stupid:

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
Zark said:
You're probably right, we wouldn't see a price difference most likely, but it would have a nicer parts mix I bet.

An excellent point. I think the value lies in the dealer network. You could get equal or greater customer service/warranty from say Turner, but there's a good chance your neighborhood bike shop doesn't carry Turner so you'd have to handle it yourself. I guess it depends on what you're looking for in the whole deal.

If I knew how to give anonymous feedback I'd give you a little green thing, but I don't. So instead I'll say, "good post and sweet slayer avatar."