'07 Icycle it is on for FEB. 3rd

Wes D

Chimp
Jan 3, 2005
NEW for 2007 PRO/EXPERT PRIZE PURSE Men and Women XC and DH

1st 150.00
2nd 100.00
3rd 75.00

The 2007 Icycle Mountain Bike Event will take place at Fonatana Village on February 3rd, 2007. As usual, there will be a cross country race Saturday morning and a night downhill race shortly after dark.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sycamore Cycles Cross Country Race
Lemans start begins at 12:00 noon in 5 minute waves. 7 mile course offering some of the finest WNC single-track. Course consists of varied terrain with rocks, roots, creeks, & wide open passing lanes.

Classes:
Expert - 12:00
Sport - 12:05
Beginner - 12:10
Single-Speed (co-ed) - 12:05
Big-Bike (10 inches total travel, flat pedals, and 35 lbs) (co-ed) - 12:10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be a chili supper after the XC for $7.

Morewood Bikes Night Downhill Race
Night downhill races begin at dark 30. Light up the night!

Classes:
Expert
Sport
Beginner
Hard-Ass (co-ed)

NOTE: In order to participate, riders must have a 10 watt or greater night riding light. Racers will not be permitted on course with improper lighting.

Prices:
One Event - registration: $20.00
Dual Entry Category - registration: $30.00

Online Registration Closes: February 1, 2007 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Click http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1376829 to register online.

WWW.JANDWEVENTS.COM

Registration and check in at the Fontana Village Adventure Center 8:00am to 11:30 am for XC. and 8:00am to 5:30 for downhill. Feb 3rd. Day of registrants $5 late fee.

Event held rain, shine, or snow. No-refunds. Helmets must be worn at all times while on race course.

Lodging:
Cabins are available by calling Fontana Village Resort at 1-800-849-2258.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
you could wire up a 12v battery to it. just strip off the plug and there you go. although you might want to put a fuse in there so you dont catch on fire. although that adds another problem. where you gonna put that battery.:huh:

ohh and i will be there with all of 1337 racing.:banana:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yes, you get more than enough practice during the day. But this race isn't so much about doing well as it is about having too much fun once the racing is over.

Wes D

Chimp
Jan 3, 2005
Butch we have had more than one keg for the last cople of years. Pro-Bikes is the after party sponsor. Seeing Marty's band will be the Jam.Hope to see you there.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
the best part about this race is,
the last twelve miles of road you travel from knoxville to get there.

especially when equiped with,
365h.p. small block.
big @$$ sway bars.
kayaba gas shocks.
60 series b.f.g.tires.
and recaro buckets to hold you in place.

oh yeah !!

ya'll have a good time.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
the best part about this race is,
the last twelve miles of road you travel from knoxville to get there.

especially when equiped with,
365h.p. small block.
big @$$ sway bars.
kayaba gas shocks.
60 series b.f.g.tires.
and recaro buckets to hold you in place.

oh yeah !!

ya'll have a good time.
Even better 10 miles past at the start of Dragons Tail.

311 turns in 11 miles.

2003 K 636
brand new Michelin Pilot Race Softs
128 hp to the rear tire
Dainese Race leathers

Fun times, untill the guy in the big truck runs you over.:cheers:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Even better 10 miles past at the start of Dragons Tail.

311 turns in 11 miles.

2003 K 636
brand new Michelin Pilot Race Softs
128 hp to the rear tire
Dainese Race leathers

Fun times, untill the guy in the big truck runs you over.:cheers:
picture a map in your head. Picture Knoxville. Now....drive from Knoxville to Fontana in your head. When you get to the squiggly part...you'll have a :lighten:

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
This race defiantly sounds intriguing...

Whats the DH course like? I've seen a few photos on mtbr but they don't really show much of anything.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
trekbro: the course is totally shuttable, and if you happen to see a big white dodge heading up the road stop me and jump in the back if we got room, and that goes for the rest of you guys too.

jvnixon: umm best way to describe it is a gigantic mud pit. nothing like snowshoe but if there is any kind of presipitation expect to get muddy. also there is a flat section and a small uphill near the end of the course that kills the big bike guys, but the rest of the trail is acctually really nice. it rides the ridge above the cabins and inn so during practice you can see a few people watching us ride by from the road.:monkeydance:

Apr 10, 2006
East TN
this sounds awesome!!!!! can't wait .Does Fontana stay open year round? Is it like a Haw Ridge Bigfoot deal or does it actually shut down for the winter, except for special events?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
trekbro: the course is totally shuttable, and if you happen to see a big white dodge heading up the road stop me and jump in the back if we got room, and that goes for the rest of you guys too.

jvnixon: umm best way to describe it is a gigantic mud pit. nothing like snowshoe but if there is any kind of presipitation expect to get muddy. also there is a flat section and a small uphill near the end of the course that kills the big bike guys, but the rest of the trail is acctually really nice. it rides the ridge above the cabins and inn so during practice you can see a few people watching us ride by from the road.:monkeydance:
Gigantic mudpit eh? Sounds like an excuse for me to buy some Maxxis Wetscreams!

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
well i guess so. i mean i ran minions last year and was fine, but im used to running minions in the mud. if you want to drop 100 dollars on a set of tires for this race go right ahead, but just remember this race is mainly for fun and to get the season started off right.:monkeydance:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
well i guess so. i mean i ran minions last year and was fine, but im used to running minions in the mud. if you want to drop 100 dollars on a set of tires for this race go right ahead, but just remember this race is mainly for fun and to get the season started off right.:monkeydance:
100? hardly, ive seen a pair of wetscreams on Ebay for 30 "buy it now" and like 12 bucks shipping

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yes, you get more than enough practice during the day. But this race isn't so much about doing well as it is about having too much fun once the racing is over.
Shoot if the race requires a norba license I'd need to win
to cover the cost of the license. should move it to Dec. 31st (hah)!

Might try to make it if the money is there and only if
it snows! It snowed like a foot a couple yrs. ago -
Probably one of the funnest races I've ever done. Also
the snow makes it almost as challenging as a real downhill.

I did like 20 practice runs that year just cause the snow was so much fun! My rear shock froze up, had to run a $500 xc bike for the actual race but just all the riding was a blast - plus we got hammered late into the night and got my buddies truck stuck - good times .....

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
You know, I don't remember them asking for a Norba number last year.
I don't think they did, damn, now I can't remember either.

Last year, we got up there and it was something like 60 degrees. I had the sunroof open and short sleeves on. We got a bunch of runs in the nice warm weather on Friday. Saturday was a completely different story, cold, wet, snowy and muddy. I elected to stay warm and sip on some "adult beverages" with the girls and watch. I might actually race it this year...

then again...

Cheers,
Brian

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
i dont think you need a license to race it, but im not sure. i mean you dont even have to race just make a good weekend out of it with shuttle runs one day then drive to tsali and do some xc friendly trails and throw in the beer and it makes for one hella weekend.:monkeydance: