Quantcast

!!! 1/2/202... ah... 4 !!!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
well fuck, burr grinder clogged up on me this morning. wasted 30 minutes cleaning it. Finally had to use a fish wire to clean the passage between the grinding area and the receptacle. But after all that I was able to grind my beans and make espresso.

Out the door in a few

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Actually starting a job but not full time. Helping one of my friends with a company he has invested run that company and hopefully turn it into a good business.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Borrowed trailer to return borrowed tractor. Discovered halfway through my journey that the tags on the trailer were expired and the lights didn't work. Then had to back it up in the dark, which was comedic.

Back to work and shall hopefully lay low and get all caught up, especially cause it's bullshit performance review time. :rolleyes:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Try it now
Going to turn it off and on again and hope it comes back.
Something with bikes I assume.
I do have a long list of service tasks for the fleet. But it's too cold in the garage for doing fork rebuilds and definitely about six months until the DH bikes are needed and probably a couple of months until the GG's are.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Did a little weight training this morning. It's been a while. Snow is starting to show up on milk cartons around here.

Might ride, or not.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Coworker messages me just now: "hey I'm back in Toronto but can't make it to work today, i'll check my emails and stuff".
Me: "ok no problem - I'll need you to follow-up with the junior guy about the status of this new person's account and stuff, who is starting today".
Coworker: "I'm still at the airport"

bro. You're supposed to be back at work today, what kind of planning did you do, that you arrive back here when you're supposed to be at work?

This is same guy who shows up at like 9:30am for work.... Not that I care really, but its a little scammy to also leave early when you show up so late.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I can relate to the general vibe this AM. I am not looking forward to opening my outlook this morning. Been off for almost 2 weeks and it was really nice.

FTS indeed.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Only 127 emails, guess I should be happy..95% will be build server notices, I really should set up a rule to filter those.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Also, fuck this work-shit shit. At least I got to hang up my fancy CFP diploma-thingey this morning because wifey got it mounted.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Coworker messages me just now: "hey I'm back in Toronto but can't make it to work today, i'll check my emails and stuff".
Me: "ok no problem - I'll need you to follow-up with the junior guy about the status of this new person's account and stuff, who is starting today".
Coworker: "I'm still at the airport"

bro. You're supposed to be back at work today, what kind of planning did you do, that you arrive back here when you're supposed to be at work?

This is same guy who shows up at like 9:30am for work.... Not that I care really, but its a little scammy to also leave early when you show up so late.
fire him?

just saying.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
What are the odds the county will let me put up a used pole barn on my property? When I go to the planning office, they're going to want a site plan. And if I show them a site plan they'll want to see engineered drawings to go with it. Chances are, if they see engineered drawings they'll find an application with a hefty fee attached to it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'd be skiing waist deep powder if there was any around to be found. :mad:

Still better than working or not skiing.
I'd argue that the shit East Coast ice I experienced at Crystal was an inferior experience as compared to a day of not skiing

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
What are the odds the county will let me put up a used pole barn on my property? When I go to the planning office, they're going to want a site plan. And if I show them a site plan they'll want to see engineered drawings to go with it. Chances are, if they see engineered drawings they'll find an application with a hefty fee attached to it.
Just tell them you need it to house your bulldozer and depending upon how they answer, it may or may not require "modifications".

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Just tell them you need it to house your bulldozer and depending upon how they answer, it may or may not require "modifications".
I think a permit for an “agricultural building” isn’t much more than a rubber stamp in most rural areas out here… the problem is when you try to later convert it to some other kind of building…