Quantcast

1.5 Headlock?

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
you could just use the bottom threaded part and the long bolt, and use your own 1.5 stem cap, and put a washer uner the flange of the bottom part.

micahb

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Washington
I just found out my LBS gets stuff through BTI and others. Had no idea until we started talking about DMR parts. Checking local might help.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
The woodman ones are weak - had one and the bolt snapped.

For some reason they made the screw portion with an undercut on the head. Still can't figure out why you would want to weaken your part...

Maybe they have fixed that problem - but be carefull

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Yup.

I've never used the 1.5 version but I broke the 1 1/8 I had the first ride. I'd stick washers on an azonic headlock before I bought another woodman.
I was thinking about getting the Azonic one and just putting a washer on the bottom and using my 1.5 top cap on the top. Think that would do the trick?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Well thanks for the heads up on the woodman guys. One of the guys that works part time at the shop also works in a machine shop, I might just have him fab me up a long bolt and a bottom piece.

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
The Manitou one is very nice, but like you said I am not positive it will fit forks universally. If someone around you has one try it out though cuz it will last.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i make my own headlocks for $1.50 at lowes. 1/4" threaded steel rod, 3/4"-1" spacer to cover the lower part of the steer tube and whatever size spacer you need to hold your top cap on. you can get creative with concealing the nut on top. i've had the same bolt/nuts/spacers for several years with no problems. besides, chicks dig homemade stuff :thumb: