Quantcast

12 Days till SNOWSHOE

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
haha caught me red handed. you lucky bastards!!! is that better?:biggrin: ill pass on the bitchslap.

thats the only way to do it! sounds like the weather gonna be frikkin sweeeeet
Couldn't ask for a better weekend. I will admit i was a tad disappointed to see certain trail closures and such. After hearing what they had to work with, seeing what they did do, and hearing direct from the builder's mouth what is going on I was very happy.

Sounds like some interesting and cool things will be going on at Snowshoe, and I can't wait to see what is built throughout the summer.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Couldn't ask for a better weekend. I will admit i was a tad disappointed to see certain trail closures and such. After hearing what they had to work with, seeing what they did do, and hearing direct from the builder's mouth what is going on I was very happy.

Sounds like some interesting and cool things will be going on at Snowshoe, and I can't wait to see what is built throughout the summer.
Shut up and ride. :bonk:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Which rock garden? And wtf did you do?

Right when Ninjabob ends, (STP Road) instead of turning to do Ball n' Jack, you follow STP road all the way out to the treatment plant. About 50 or so yards past it on th right is the start of "Rock Garden". It takes you right to Power Line.

The rocks are roughly the size of a full face and it almost looks like a stream because of the snow melting and springs. You gave to carry speed through there or you won't make it through at all. I got a little of line, over corrected and was ejected by the bike. All I remember was looking down at my bike going end over end, seeing lightning and then black. I think I was out for 30 secs to a min. I know I rag-dolled because the right side of my body is sore as sh!t.

dhrookie

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
Obetz, OH
Right when Ninjabob ends, (STP Road) instead of turning to do Ball n' Jack, you follow STP road all the way out to the treatment plant. About 50 or so yards past it on th right is the start of "Rock Garden". It takes you right to Power Line.
need to show me race weekend as well

brandmatika

Chimp
May 8, 2008
Baltimore
...with the concussion that helped me (jamie, on the red norco) out with my fiancee (elizabeth, even with a head injury you gotta remember her and her supreman in pink rockgarden armor) coax her down M & O? It was an awesome weekend of riding, and thanks for following her down; she's overcame her fear, and likes it enough to invest in a dh rig after that run. We plan on getting back to snowshoe this summer, and if you're ever up here in MD i'll have to buy you a beer...

Fair enough, I'll show you how to drink beer! :p

:cheers:

;)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
...with the concussion that helped me (jamie, on the red norco) out with my fiancee (elizabeth, even with a head injury you gotta remember her and her supreman in pink rockgarden armor) coax her down M & O? It was an awesome weekend of riding, and thanks for following her down; she's overcame her fear, and likes it enough to invest in a dh rig after that run. We plan on getting back to snowshoe this summer, and if you're ever up here in MD i'll have to buy you a beer...

Yeah, no one ever accused me of being smart. ;)

Well actually, everyone did say I was smart once.......when I married Sandy! :thumb: But it was the ONLY time! :p

I'm stoked she's got her confidence up. I could see she was getting bored with the Yew Pine. She did great for her first time out too! way to go! :thumb: :thumb: And of course, congratulations for your upcoming nuptials! I will take you up on the beer. :cheers:

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
There's an easier way to get there. Take Snowshoe drive down to the other end of STP road. Rockgarden starts about a quarter mile down the road and it's all downhill. What Ralph is describing is the old Norba super D course. It sucks on a DH bike as there is a bit more climbing past the sewage treatement plant (STP).

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
There's an easier way to get there. Take Snowshoe drive down to the other end of STP road. Rockgarden starts about a quarter mile down the road and it's all downhill. What Ralph is describing is the old Norba super D course. It sucks.

Fixed!

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Where in MD? I'm in St. Marys

brandmatika

Chimp
May 8, 2008
Baltimore
Word up, u ever get up to Maryland?

Yeah, no one ever accused me of being smart. ;)

Well actually, everyone did say I was smart once.......when I married Sandy! :thumb: But it was the ONLY time! :p

I'm stoked she's got her confidence up. I could see she was getting bored with the Yew Pine. She did great for her first time out too! way to go! :thumb: :thumb: And of course, congratulations for your upcoming nuptials! I will take you up on the beer. :cheers: